• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we move up to 4 or 7 and trade JC, who do you want?

NBASupes

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I want Dyson Daniels unless we can somehow get Chet.

Daniels is a fantastic player to pair with Trae. People are doggin' this draft but there are multiple wing options that would fill our long term need to get the right backcourt mate with Trae. I'd be thrilled to pair him with any of Ivey, Sharpe, Daniels, or Mathurin. 

I love JC but if that's what we gotta give to grab the solution of another wing that can help with the scoring load, I say take the opportunity. Any pick #4 to 7 is guaranteed to have one of the above 4 available. 

• Thanks 2

1-4 you can get a player with star potencial.

At 7 is a real gamble with no guarantee.

No significante difference between 7 and 16.

We shouldn't trade a proven player that is near star level as Collins and 16 for a slight chance to get a player that perhaps someday is at the Collins level. Makes no sense. Specially if you give 16 additionally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

We shouldn't trade a proven player that is near star level as Collins and 16 for a slight chance to get a player that perhaps someday is at the Collins level. Makes no sense. Specially if you give 16 additionally.

Bird in the hand vs 2 in the bush.

Some are willing to make change for the sake of change. Trae is the first real superstar we have had since Nique. You don’t trade away his best teammates for the opportunity to select the 7th best player in any draft. Especially one that is a leader and highly effective and efficient next to Trae.

If we lose JC it needs to be in a deal for a proven upgrade. Not chasing rookie potential.

Trae is too competitive to accept us taking a rebuild while Luka, Ja, and maybe even Zion, if he plays next season, get all the headlines while their teams compete in the postseason and we are at home celebrating a lottery pick.

This season was a disappointment, Trae wants us to be better next season, not worse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gurpilo said:

I think there is a clear gap. Between the top 10.

You got four tier 2 prospects

The three bigs and Ivey

You got four tier 3.5 prospects.

Keegan

Shaedon

Daniels 

Griffin

And you got two high end tier 4 prospects 

Mathurin 

Davis

We drafted 

Two tier 3.5 guys

Trae - Boom

Cam - Bust for us

Three high end tier 4 guys in 

Okongwu - shows dpoy potential 

Hunter - He met his expected floor but not his expected ceiling yet. 

Collins - Fell to us in the draft and was a steal. He had the talent but there was a lot of questions around him and he solved a lot of it. 

Everyone else was normal tier 4 guys or tier 5. 

We had a chance to draft a tier 2 wing in Luka Doncic and passed on the opportunity. That's the only chance we had to take a tier 1, 2, or 3 guy so far. 

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I think there is a clear gap. Between the top 10.

You got four tier 2 prospects

The three bigs and Ivey

You got four tier 3.5 prospects.

Keegan

Shaedon

Daniels 

Griffin

And you got two high end tier 4 prospects 

Mathurin 

Davis

We drafted 

Two tier 3.5 guys

Trae - Boom

Cam - Bust for us

Three high end tier 4 guys in 

Okongwu - shows dpoy potential 

Hunter - He met his expected floor but not his expected ceiling yet. 

Collins - Fell to us in the draft and was a steal. He had the talent but there was a lot of questions around him and he solved a lot of it. 

Everyone else was normal tier 4 guys or tier 5. 

We had a chance to draft a tier 2 wing in Luka Doncic and passed on the opportunity. That's the only chance we had to take a tier 1, 2, or 3 guy so far. 

cam as a 3.5 LMAOOOOOO. bro let it go already. He stinks 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Somebody can't read. 

I can read just cause you say bust for us doesn't change the fact he wasn't a 3.5 tier prospect.

He couldn't finish at all in college, he had terrible efficiency in college, he had a 1:2 assist to turnover ratio in college. The dude was terrible all he had was the body. Dude was a project and a half not a prospect.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I can read just cause you say bust for us doesn't change the fact he wasn't a 3.5 tier prospect.

He couldn't finish at all in college, he had terrible efficiency in college, he had a 1:2 assist to turnover ratio in college. The dude was terrible all he had was the body. Dude was a project and a half not a prospect.

I evaluated him as a tier 3.5 prospect. 

You are free and entitled to your opinion. Have a good day sir. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

Revisionist history. He was drafted top 10 and at the time - everybody, non hawks fans included - thought we got a steal. He was a quality prospect. Just didn’t develop into a quality player for us. 

This is fair.  Didn't work out.  A lot of top 10 picks don't work out.  I'd venture to say 'most' top 10 picks do not work out.

Doesn't change the fact that they went top for 'reasons'.

Although I may disagree a bit with @NBASupes continued thoughts of Cam being a possible high-quality player, it's not out of the question that he (and most others) rated Cam highly at that point in time.

• Like 2

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is fair.  Didn't work out.  A lot of top 10 picks don't work out.  I'd venture to say 'most' top 10 picks do not work out.

Although I may disagree a bit with @NBASupes continued thoughts of Cam being a possible high-quality player, it's not out of the question that he (and most others) rated Cam highly at that point in time.

Everyone giving up on Cam because he's not a Hawk.   If he has still here everyone would believe that next year he'll be a star.  

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I haven't given up on Cam. I still believe he can be an all star in this league. But he has to learn how to play winning ball and he has to do more than flash high end talent. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Everyone giving up on Cam because he's not a Hawk.   If he has still here everyone would believe that next year he'll be a star.  

Opportunity is everything. And a positive attitude about what your role is within organization and your willingness to accept it. Talent wise though he’s better than 90% of the players out there. I still have no doubt about it.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't given up on Cam. I still believe he can be an all star in this league. But he has to learn how to play winning ball and he has to do more than flash high end talent. 

Still a Lambor:yes:ghini 

• Like 2