If we move up to 4 or 7 and trade JC, who do you want?

NBASupes

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Opportunity is everything. And a positive attitude about what your role is within organization and your willingness to accept it. Talent wise though he’s better than 90% of the players out there. I still have no doubt about it.

Part of talent is humility. 

Josh Smith was one of the most talented players who ever played in a Hawks uni...  But the difference between him and say Millsap  Is that even though less talented, Millsap was humble enough to do the hard things and didn't mind not having the spot light. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Everyone giving up on Cam because he's not a Hawk.   If he has still here everyone would believe that next year he'll be a star.  

To elaborate, I believe Cam will be successful at his next stop.  So I wouldn't necessarily say I'm one who's 'given up on him'.

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I haven't given up on Cam. I still believe he can be an all star in this league. But he has to learn how to play winning ball and he has to do more than flash high end talent. 

Trust us, we know. 😆

51 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Part of talent is humility. 

Josh Smith was one of the most talented players who ever played in a Hawks uni...  But the difference between him and say Millsap  Is that even though less talented, Millsap was humble enough to do the hard things and didn't mind not having the spot light. 

Josh Smith might be one of the most improved Hawks I've ever seen if you look at what he was as a rookie till his peak. He also is known for his exceptional work ethic. 

Humility is similar between Josh and Paul. What wasn't was feel for the game, play when structure ended, and self-awareness. 

Josh has a lot more weaknesses that were physical based than Paul had even if Josh is considered the superior athlete. Cam has even more physical based weaknesses than Josh but none as critical as Josh ones outside of weak hands. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

This draft is so weak. From my sources, there's no clear #1 guy and it's a crap shoot after the 3rd pick.

Michael Jordan wasn't the clear #1. Neither was Kobe. Just because there's not a clear #1, doesn't mean it's a weak draft. 

Remember when Andrea Bargnani was the clear #1? Yeah - that draft sucked, along with it's clear #1. Michael Olowakandi??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warcore said:

Michael Jordan wasn't the clear #1. Neither was Kobe. Just because there's not a clear #1, doesn't mean it's a weak draft. 

Remember when Andrea Bargnani was the clear #1? Yeah - that draft sucked, along with it's clear #1. Michael Olowakandi??

This draft is strong, it's not deep. 27 1st round grades in a modern NBA. LMAO! That's 2000s type draft numbers. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, warcore said:

I talk to a few NBA scouts on the regular and they've been saying it for the past year. We're going to see a good number of international players this draft.

But take it as you will.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

I talk to a few NBA scouts on the regular and they've been saying it for the past year. We're going to see a good number of international players this draft.

But take it as you will.

Oh you got sources too?

🧐

well what hawk rumors have those “few nba scouts” heard ???? 

19 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Josh Smith might be one of the most improved Hawks I've ever seen if you look at what he was as a rookie till his peak. He also is known for his exceptional work ethic. 

Humility is similar between Josh and Paul. What wasn't was feel for the game, play when structure ended, and self-awareness. 

Josh has a lot more weaknesses that were physical based than Paul had even if Josh is considered the superior athlete. Cam has even more physical based weaknesses than Josh but none as critical as Josh ones outside of weak hands. 

Josh would've been a lot better in this era of basketball, with the wide open middle, heavy pick and roll, and less scrutiny on 3 point shots.

And his passing ability may have been his biggest asset. He would have a legit shot to average 5 - 6 assists in this era.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Define "successful".

Consistent starter, maybe more.  Seems him being in 'prove myself' mode is hampering his own development.  By the 3rd stop, I imagine he'll settle in to simply listening to what the team wants from him.

Trust me, I'm good at reading people.  It's why I usually look at you like this ...

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47lqcnqdl6cc9j2a16f

😄

Oh come on, 'cyde.  Laugh.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Josh would've been a lot better in this era of basketball, with the wide open middle, heavy pick and roll, and less scrutiny on 3 point shots.

And his passing ability may have been his biggest asset. He would have a legit shot to average 5 - 6 assists in this era.

He would have been worse. This era wouldn't be kind to Josh. In fact, you don't see none of those guys in this era anymore. That style of play was the 90s and 2000. We don't see that anymore in 2022.

12 hours ago, JTB said:

Oh you got sources too?

🧐

well what hawk rumors have those “few nba scouts” heard ???? 

These guys are employed by NBA teams so it would be hard to get information related to the Hawks. But, if you give me a few players, I can go to them and try to get an honest assessment. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

These guys are employed by NBA teams so it would be hard to get information related to the Hawks. But, if you give me a few players, I can go to them and try to get an honest assessment. 

Ask them about who the Hawks would most likely select if they kept #16.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, willthepureshooter said:

I'll try but I don't know how far it'll get me. Do you have a few players you would like at the 16 spot? 

Unfortunately I have not kept up with any college ball or any of the prospects.

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unfortunately I have not kept up with any college ball or any of the prospects.

Aye @Spud2nique, don't it seem like we hear this same post from burd every year?

Time to stage an intervention.

Maybe you should take in a college game or two this season, burd.  So you can bring some informed opinions to the draft discussions.

Of course .... you could just make it all up as you go and pretend like you actually do watch games.  We call that the BSPN model.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye @Spud2nique, don't it seem like we hear this same post from burd every year?

Time to stage an intervention.

Maybe you should take in a college game or two this season, burd.  So you can bring some informed opinions to the draft discussions.

Of course .... you could just make it all up as you go and pretend like you actually do watch games.  We call that the BSPN model.

Well if she’s faking it she’s better than 99% of the so called “college bball fans”.

She good. 

Should I wait out this kid and his dad shooting around? Imna join and shoot angry to Supes saying OO ain’t all that. He my cam man. Lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, willthepureshooter said:

I'll try but I don't know how far it'll get me. Do you have a few players you would like at the 16 spot? 

I know this was a convo between you & Jaybird, but I am glad she asked the question and would like to know the Hawks interest in Tari Eason & Nikola Jovic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Well if she’s faking it she’s better than 99% of the so called “college bball fans”.

She good. 

Should I wait out this kid and his dad shooting around? Imna join and shoot angry to Supes saying OO ain’t all that. He my cam man. Lol.

I say wait them out.  If I'm shootin' with the kg's and some rando tries to join in, I'm gonna "accidentally" punt their ball about 67 yards down a hill or somethin'

"Oh .... my bad dude.  Guess you gotta go getcho ball now, huh?"

• Haha 1