• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

AHol

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

AHol most likely at backup PG. Whole else?

We have no ahols on our team. We also have no wholes. 😉

(And just to clear the board, neither do we have whales or whores. But we do have a few whites.)

We do have an Aaron, and now that he's the only Holiday on the roster, he might even be referenced as a Holi or a Day or a Holiday. Have a tough time persuading me or anyone else that Aaron prefers to be called AHol.

Why can't we assume kinder terms, especially when the player is our own?

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

We have no ahols on our team. We also have no wholes. 😉

This again???

Jocasta_eye_roll.gif&ehk=26RDE%2BFZsra4w

On 1/28/2023 at 12:31 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky: who add's the E?  Always 'Hol' for me.

On 1/28/2023 at 12:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Their last name is Holiday (as in HOLLY)  not Holy-Day

On 1/28/2023 at 2:23 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This again???

That's my  line.

I don't know why this is so hard. Sure, you can demand that people only pronounce it a certain way, but a whole lot of people are naturally going to pronounce it the less than complimentary way. Is it really that difficult to put yourself in another person's shoes? Do you really think "AHol" would appreciate being referred to as "A-H-o-l"? How bout we start referring to you as vajajay bird? But surely you would just expect that everyone pronounces that vay-jah-jay, not the vile way to pronounce it. Surely.

You've been this stubborn before, imo, but you've never been this apathetic to how demeaning your name would be taken if Aaron visits this site. (Does he? Who knows? Why test it, though?)

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, sturt said:

How bout we start referring to you as vajajay bird? But surely you would just expect that everyone pronounces that vay-jah-jay, not the vile way to pronounce it. Surely.

You must have had that in your back pocket just waiting and waiting - have at it Stuey! Do you!

36 minutes ago, sturt said:

You've been this stubborn before,

R.ac20cf4a2493411adfdbeb49fc1d1458?rik=i

:laugh1:🙄

• Like 2

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You must have had that in your back pocket just waiting and waiting - have at it Stuey! Do you!

R.ac20cf4a2493411adfdbeb49fc1d1458?rik=i

:laugh1:🙄

I've been stubborn. Sure. But your attempt to nudge the spotlight falls flat... at least among those who are routinely prone to value intellect and substance... b/c one thing I haven't been is apathetic about how demeaning it would be to refer to individuals by names that they themselves probably would prefer not used to refer to them.

This is about you.

Would you call Okongwu "Kong?"

Why not?

Because even though you know you yourself would have no ill-intent by using that term, HE quite possibly would take it as a name only a jerk would decide to use.

Am I surprised I have to lobby so much just to get Jay to be more considerate? Absolutely. It's not consistent with how you otherwise are. Why?

(And no, I hadn't been holding that in my back pocket... it truly just occurred to me... you hadn't pushed this so hard until now... now that his brother's gone, there's not even any reason at all  to use AHol. You're just being a jerk because you think you have privileges here and can get away with it. And you probably can. There's a fair number of posters here who recoil to whatever sturt happens to say no matter the topic... and a seemingly high number of posters here who swoon because you're a female and they've just been raised to treat a female differently. Some of them, the same posters. But again... why would you? Why is this important to you? Why not just call him Aaron, for instance? One more letter to type? What possible respectful adult reason justifies your choice? Key terms: "respectful" and "adult.")

• Premium Member

Last post today on this topic... screenshot of IM with a poster who I generally have always held in some regard, though we've also certainly disagreed plenty about x, y or z. It's an important topic if one considers the unwritten rules and culture of our community to be important.

(Playing the "founder" card, plausibly, maybe I care too much, but given that that's on my business card... if not me, after all... who?)

=================================

2023-03-22_10-10-05.png

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, kg01 said:

(Shots fired later in this post)

Smellin' like Towns will be back tonite.

Figures they'd want to ease him back when they play a sawft a**, also-ran team's frontcourt.

🙁

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

(Shots fired later in this post)

Smellin' like Towns will be back tonite.

Figures they'd want to ease him back when they play a sawft a**, also-ran team's frontcourt.

🙁

I wonder if he'll come off the bench? 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, sturt said:

You're just being a jerk because you think you have privileges here and can get away with it. And you probably can. There's a fair number of posters here who recoil to whatever sturt happens to say no matter the topic... and a seemingly high number of posters here who swoon because you're a female and they've just been raised to treat a female differently.

Interesting!!!

Seems to be a you issue more than anything. Not the first time you've mentioned me being female. Never asked to be treated differently or asked any poster here to intervene on my behalf. I handle 'discussions' myself or I bow out. I state MY opinion and decide when it's time to move on or not or just ignore.

• Thanks 1