Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

The way Bogie played last night, he needs to sit out tonight.  Will we ever see Capela in a Hawks uniform again?  Will Favors get to play tonight?

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the bug.  Which one will we be tonight?

:stirthepot:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 1/11/2023 at 12:58 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Landry Fields on radio:

"With Capela in and out of the lineup, made sense to add a big" 

We play 6 games in those 10 days we have Favors.

I'm concerned we won't see Clint for the next 3 games and he returns for the MLK game on the 16th.

Will Clint be ready for Monday vs Heat?

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Every time Capela warms up or gets serious cardio he feels a pull in that leg. They are not going to put him back in games until that sensation is gone. 

It's crazy that whatever is going on hasn't been flatly diagnosed, and a fairly-reliable prognosis hasn't been given. Maybe it's time for acupuncture? Ginseng tea? Voodoo doll? Dunno.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Calf strain. Those can linger for weeks. 

Never had one. And for whatever reason, don't recall a lot of my teams' players ever having one. Would have thought there would be some more exact prognosis, though. Guess not.

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, sturt said:

Never had one. And for whatever reason, don't recall a lot of my teams' players ever having one. Would have thought there would be some more exact prognosis, though. Guess not.

I think it's specifically tied to his previous achilles injuries as well. Don't want that thing popping (ala KD)

• Like 3

On 1/14/2023 at 11:10 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

maybe he should have had surgery in offseason. He kept shaking his hand last night.

I want to know about that contorted face down below Nate's head.  I thought the Elephant Man was dead.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Nah, he should never start again. We steam folks with Big O starting. Flip Clint he’s slowing our $hit down, fool’s gold with that rebounding.

Yep.  He clogs up the middle for a lot of players on offense, has hands of stone, leads the league in missed bunnies (not verified), and he's not that great of a defender (observe how many times he just watched someone blow by him and make a layup or dunk.)  Let him come off the bench or trade him.

• Like 1

Just now, Watchman said:

Yep.  He clogs up the middle for a lot of players on offense, has hands of stone, leads the league in missed bunnies (not verified), and he's not that great of a defender (observe how many times he just watched someone blow by him and make a layup or dunk.)  Let him come off the bench or trade him.

See Andre Drummond. Yup.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, sturt said:

It's crazy that whatever is going on hasn't been flatly diagnosed, and a fairly-reliable prognosis hasn't been given. Maybe it's time for acupuncture? Ginseng tea? Voodoo doll? Dunno.

Voodoo-doll GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Nah, he should never start again. We steam folks with Big O starting. Flip Clint he’s slowing our $hit down, fool’s gold with that rebounding.

Make sure Mama Calls and gives him extra Motivation!!!  I don't want Bam out there making him look like a Bum.... ON King Day... IN Atlanta. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1