• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

No wonder we couldnt move Bogi.. Dude is fragile...Always something.. smh

Trae been on the injury report ALOT this season too.. That's strange..

not only is Bogi fragile, but he also takes longer to recover from his injuries than 99% of the players in the NBA.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

That's "Shakes, MD"... don't be questioning now people... he knows what he knows having studied the lab reports having hacked the internal electronic medical files, and you can't say he don't... you might not like what he's puttin down, but he's the informed, educated health professional, so give him his props.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

Honestly, I think that might be some testimony to the boosted defensive effort many talk about... some added strains mighta avoided in the past.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

No wonder we couldnt move Bogi.. Dude is fragile...Always something.. smh

1 hour ago, shakes said:

not only is Bogi fragile, but he also takes longer to recover from his injuries than 99% of the players in the NBA.

Since Bogi has returned from.his offseason knee surgery he has missed 3 games - all back to back games for injury management. This is the first game he has an unrelated injury

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Since Bogi has returned from.his offseason knee surgery he has missed 3 games - all back to back games for injury management. This is the first game he has an unrelated injury

not sure how that relates to my statement.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And since I started driving at 18, I've only run over 3 or 4 orange cones a year...therefore proving I'm an excellent driver and all criticism is suspect.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

He missed 28 games his first season here, 19 games his second season, and he's already missed 25 games this year.  He missed 21 games in Sacramento the season before he got here.  And everyone loves calling out he played while injured for half the season in '21 and was injured during the playoffs in '22.  How many 100% healthy games has he had as a Hawk?  I don't think anyone really knows the answer to that.

Oh, my goodness.  If Bogie can't play tonight, what will we do?  Who do you suppose we might find to fill in for him?  Don't say any of the new players.  You know they haven't had time to memorize the entire play book (both pages) and would be completely lost.

Woe is me!

🥲

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

People are different.  Not sure why it's a character flaw that guys get hurt.  Bogi is 30 years old and has a lot of professional basketball wear and tear on his body.   He's played more games the last 3 years than Hunter.

I agree he's fragile and creaky these days but it is what it is.  There is zero evidence that the guy sits out for no reason and you can't say that about 50% of the league.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

People are different.  Not sure why it's a character flaw that guys get hurt.  Bogi is 30 years old and has a lot of professional basketball wear and tear on his body.   He's played more games the last 3 years than Hunter.

I agree he's fragile and creaky these days but it is what it is.  There is zero evidence that the guy sits out for no reason and you can't say that about 50% of the league.  

Who mentioned Bogis character? All I said was he's fragile and its probably why he didnt get moved..

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Who mentioned Bogis character? All I said was he's fragile and its probably why he didnt get moved..

There is no doubt that his health significantly and negatively impacted our ability to trade him for value.  Whether he would ultimately have gotten moved in an alternative reality where he was healthy is open to speculation but there is just no doubt his health reduced the interest in him and reduced the value we would get in return in any potential offer.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Fragile is not the word I would use.....he played in the playoffs when he should not have...Said he'd be the decoy