• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Injury Thread 2022-2023

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

This is not me reporting this and my source flat out denied this when I asked two days ago but I have to wonder if at this point we are sitting Capela out to protect him from injury so we can trade him. 

There is no one that misses over three weeks from what we were told was a minor calf strain. No way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 hours ago, Sothron said:

This is not me reporting this and my source flat out denied this when I asked two days ago but I have to wonder if at this point we are sitting Capela out to protect him from injury so we can trade him. 

There is no one that misses over three weeks from what we were told was a minor calf strain. No way.

I was just starting to wonder about this too, missed games mounting up when his sheer presence is so vital to the team.  I didn’t sweat it at first because of his injury history but he plays through stuff like this I would presume.  If this is Field’s first move it better be a clear win for the Hawks long term.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I think trading Cap would be a huge mistake, unless we are wanting to do a soft rebuilt and looking beyond this year, which I wouldn't be totally against. But we won't be better with him gone and whatever we get back from him is going to be a lesser player due to his chronic injury concerns. 

4 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I think trading Cap would be a huge mistake, unless we are wanting to do a soft rebuilt and looking beyond this year, which I wouldn't be totally against. But we won't be better with him gone and whatever we get back from him is going to be a lesser player due to his chronic injury concerns. 

We get killed on the glass without him. They are talking about trading Cap, trading JC. I don't get it. Just don't see the upside aside from cost savings. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We get killed on the glass without him. They are talking about trading Cap, trading JC. I don't get it. Just don't see the upside aside from cost savings. 

Obviously depends on who is coming back in a trade but those are two guys who fill important roles on this team and make a real impact on our performance.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I mean if we want to tank for a high pick this season and acquire some cap relief of future picks to help us build a team next year, I guess it can make sense. If we are trading for another veteran tied up for multiple seasons then it's boneheaded as heck. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Greeeat! :blanky:

Aaron Holiday, it's your time to shine!  Whatever Trae has, I hope no other Hawk gets it from him.  With Clint remaining on the pine, do us some Favors, please!

👻

• Like 2

Next man up

Run the team DJM

Make your shots Bogi

Show your true value JC

Play the ( bleeping ) kids Nate

Hawks need to win, so that narratives can be talked about how the Hawks are so much better without Trae.  Good teams can win without their best player, if others step up.

No Middleton or Ibaka for the Bucks.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just saw this… ugh. DM time!

Your boy needs to drop 40 on the Bucks and remind us who he is again.

Nah 15 + pts and good defense from every starter is fine...Murray isnt a scorer like that.. Dont put pressure on him.. lol

We ned Bogi to actually make some fkn shots tonight too...

Edited by terrell

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Next man up

Run the team DJM

Make your shots Bogi

Show your true value JC

Play the ( bleeping ) kids Nate

Hawks need to win, so that narratives can be talked about how the Hawks are so much better without Trae.  Good teams can win without their best player, if others step up.

No Middleton or Ibaka for the Bucks.

Has Ibaka played all year?