• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I take it back, even this wasn't very good. Not renewing was the right decision. 

It was terrible but he confirms one thing I've been hearing. Atlanta is not doing any deal that doesn't make them better now or in the future. They aren't in the trade to make a trade market like they were with Bazemore. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was terrible but he confirms one thing I've been hearing. Atlanta is not doing any deal that doesn't make them better now or in the future. They aren't in the trade to make a trade market like they were with Bazemore. 

His Ayton comments just makes no sense to me as 1) Multiple credible outlets have linked us to Ayton and (2) trading JC makes 0 sense unless you are serious about getting Ayton.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

They don't feature the guy! This should be obvious to Hawk fans by now.

absolutely agree! Unfortunately JC is not featured well in the offense and the coaches should be blamed for publicly stating they don’t run plays for him. 

55 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Chris saying Atlanta isn't willing to give Ayton a max is NOT what's being said around the league.

I hope Kirschner is wrong! If he’s not that’s terrible in my opinion.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

His Ayton comments just makes no sense to me as 1) Multiple credible outlets have linked us to Ayton and (2) trading JC makes 0 sense unless you are serious about getting Ayton.

Agreed! I am going to be so mad if we have a shot at Ayton but not willing to give him the max to get it done. 
then again that’s very hawks like so I guess if it’s true it wouldn’t surprise me.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If we stay at #16, let's hope someone good falls to us. 

I think there's depth is this draft at 3&D Guards: Williams, Barnham, Agbaji etc, if we stay at 16 that could help us immediately off the bench and especially if we move Bogi/Huerter.

29 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I take it back, even this wasn't very good. Not renewing was the right decision. 

When The Athletic first went online Marc J Spears was one of the lead personalities.  I knew then there wouldn’t be anything there for me.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yup and iirc JoeJohn wanted to get paid .. thus he asked out.  Identical situations.

We'll see.   PHX thought they didn't need Joe.   CP is 36 years old and didn't have such a great playoffs.   Letting young talent go is just dumb.  Maybe they are dumb, i don't know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

(Oh boy... are we going to do the MIA discussion in a rumor thread again???... hehe... )

No. We weren't healthy. That's asinine. That's all I'm saying here out of respect to the theme of the thread. 🙂

Might as well y'all already doing john Collins debate , time for thread number three !!

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We'll see.   PHX thought they didn't need Joe.   CP is 36 years old and didn't have such a great playoffs.   Letting young talent go is just dumb.  Maybe they are dumb, i don't know.

Ayton wants more than they want to give him and CP3 is the maestro. Capela is who they want but they are targeting a lot of guys, they are trying to build up their bench.

8 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Nobody needed Joe tho.  Boston, Phoenix, and Atlanta all went to the Conference Finals or better soon after jettisoning his ass.

I should’ve stopped following the Hawks when they happily paid him  more than LeBron but here I am.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Nobody needed Joe tho.  

Boston, Phoenix, and Atlanta all went to the Conference Finals or better soon after jettisoning his ass.

That's not true.

The 2nd part is true but its disingenuous. The Hawks would have been better if they had Joe on those Bud teams. Suns as well but cost plays a major part and Joe for his salary is overrated. 

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Same (cheap) owner too, right?

Different owners on both sides

• Like 2