NBASupes

26 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We did tell you all the team was putting out fake rumors for weeks 

Is this why they hired the PR guy from GS? lol

Edited by terrell

Vivek is a moron.

Kings' offer for John Collins seen as 'underwhelming' by Hawks

i_d7_fa_81_john-collins.png?w=190

Yet while there seems to be some sort of unofficial consensus around the league that Sacramento is leading the way in terms of the negotiations, sources say the Kings’ offer has thus far been seen as underwhelming by the Hawks. Kings small forward Harrison Barnes would go to Atlanta in the deal, and — to be clear — the Kings’ No. 4 pick is not part of these discussions. If that were the case, it would likely be done already.

18 minutes ago, akay said:

Anyone got guesses for what this 3 team trade could be?

Murray -> Atl

JC -> Sacramento

Barnes + picks-> Spurs?

We know Sacramento is in a big win now phase, and SA wants to rebuild.

What picks though? Theyre saying 4 isnt involved...

38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My home internet is down. I am forced to use the cellphone. I can't type well on it. Last thing I heard was we are talking to nets about Simmons and Durant. Murray deal isn't dead but held up for talks with nets 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

So we banking on Kyrie taking peanuts from LA?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Murray for Collins/16 would be a steal. I have ha hard time believing that's true.

Yeah, hard to believe JC and 16 would get it done, but Ivey/16 might be enough....we can hope lol

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, terrell said:

What picks though? Theyre saying 4 isnt involved...

Idk if I believe Sac saying 4 isn't involved. Ivey is going 4th in this draft, and the Kings have drafted how many guards in the last few drafts? I feel like it's in their interest to move down while acquiring a winning player

Edited by akay
cant spell

Did the Spurs actually talk to the Hawks about a Dejounte Murray trade?

Yes, it sounds like those talks did occur. While sources connected to the Spurs won’t confirm or deny the rumor, multiple league sources say the report is true. In fact, third and fourth teams were actively involved at one point in time yesterday afternoon. 

“There was a two hour window where [sic] the trade looked like it was nearing completion. Agents were even in on the call,” reads a text I got from a source last night.

Right now, I’m told that the talks have simmered. However, the Hawks are telling teams that Collins will be traded today so it’s possible that the Murray to the Hawks rumors will heat back up as the NBA draft nears.

What would the Spurs have received from the Hawks in the proposed trade?

First of all, I’m told that Collins wasn’t headed to the Spurs in the deal that was discussed yesterday. Collins was being sent to a third team. That team, believed to also be in the Western Conference, was set to send further draft compensation to the Spurs.

In total, San Antonio was in line to get at least four first round picks in return for Murray.

Why did trade talks stall?

It sounds like it came down to the pick protection. The Spurs wanted minimal protections on the first round picks, while the Hawks and the other team(s) involved wanted to include pick swaps and lottery protections. 

Could Dejounte Murray still be traded to the Hawks today?

It’s possible — but sources have gotten more pessimistic in recent hours. The Spurs are holding firm on requiring a monumental haul in order to trade Murray. A source says San Antonio wants a “Godfather offer” and is in no rush to trade Murray.

https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-murray-trade-rumor-atlanta-hawks/

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, akay said:

Idk if I believe Sac saying 4 isn't involved. Ivey is going 4th in this draft, and the Kings have drafted how many gourds in the last few drafts? I feel like it's in their interest to move down while acquiring a winning player

If they can get 9 from SA, like the twitter post proposed, they'll probably do the deal...

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s beyond insulting. Harrison Barnes suuuuuucks. I don’t want that dude for free. I rarely say that about possible guys coming to the Hawks but hell no we don’t want him.

I would have hung the phone up on them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin Durant availability changed the game bro. Everyone focused on that.

Not even gonna get my hopes up for this.. Nope..Im sticking to Murray.. lol

• Haha 1