• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If the Hawks want KD, they will have to sell our squad to KD. What we have after that trade will not be good enough but we still got some good pieces like Trae, Hunter, Bogi, Capela and Gallo that's left while being crushed draft asset wise. 

Atlanta offer is elite but they gotta put together a better squad for KD or else, he won't come to Atlanta.

Soo...how do we accomplish this after selling the squad and picks.  We'd have to sign QUALITY vet mins for the next 2 years. 

Trae, Hunter, Bogi, Cap, Gallo, KD - that's already $145 million.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya'll worried about the future.  Gas might be $15/gal by this time next year.  Better live for today, instead of trying to get to tomorrow.

This line of thinking is literallly what has kept the Nets from failing to win anything with any of the stars they've recruited. You can't gut a team for star players and expect to contend if you don't have a plan in place to replace what was lost. I think we can pull off a KD trade if he's truly available, but completely gutting the team will see us fall short of a championship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

What about his performance last season makes you think he’s not still elite?  I think on a different roster his performance would have led to a great season for his team. No Kyrie, no Ben and some disappointments from the rest of the team were why the Nets weren’t better.

Agree his performance was elite, and will probably continue to be for next season. I just worry about his regression whenever it comes. He's a 33/34 year old 7 footer with an Achilles injury. Worries me a lot to have to think about his decline after giving up all the assets we'd have to for him.

But I do also love rolling the dice lol, so even if we trade everything and manage to win a championship it's obviously very worth it. Just don't know if we'd be contenders after gutting our team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
40 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You literally give up JC - Kev - Hunter - OO + 1st rd picks, in order to secure Durant here.

You'd still have Capela and Bogi.  You could re-sign Wright.  And you add role playing fillers to put around your two offensive superstar players.  There is no way you let any Hawk player ( not named Trae Young ) prevent you from landing a sure fire 1st ballot Hall of Famer, who is still in his prime.

Trae - Wright - Bogi - KD - Capela . . . that's about as good as it gets folks.

Adding Durant with Trae Young instantly puts the Hawks on national TV 20 - 25 times a year.

No Kev.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

LOL

Travis, just walk away now and quit wasting your time. How are we supposed to trade assets to make the team better so KD will want to come here, but use those assets at the same time to meet BKN's exorbitant demands? This is comical and a waste of time. 

Let Travis do his due diligence then move on.

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, make a good-faith attempt while understanding you can't tear it down to the studs.  If that's not enough, pull out and go with plan A-2.  And, along the way, remember a KD-led super squad got swept this last season. 

This would be more that tearing it down to the studs - all you've got is the foundation with Trae and KD. Good start, but it's also unrealistic for KD to expect a pivot to a sheet rocked house.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya'll worried about the future.  Gas might be $15/gal by this time next year.  Better live for today, instead of trying to get to tomorrow.

😂Fair point, let's just full send and ride the wave. Even if KD gets hurt and can't play, I believe in Trae to get to a level where he can carry a team to the playoffs alone with mediocre help🧙‍♂️

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

This line of thinking is literallly what has kept the Nets from failing to win anything with any of the stars they've recruited. You can't gut a team for star players and expect to contend if you don't have a plan in place to replace what was lost. I think we can pull off a KD trade if he's truly available, but completely gutting the team will see us fall short of a championship.

I think the problem was more so Kyrie because he's well Kyrie, and Kyrie not being available annoyed Harden who then sulked his way to the Sixers. They just never gelled as a unit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We are trying to make a deal for KD. This is from my source. Problems are that giving up the farm to get him would leave the team gutted too much for a Trae/KD team to still have a chance to contend.

Are they trying to get another star to pair with Trae/KD?

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Soo...how do we accomplish this after selling the squad and picks.  We'd have to sign QUALITY vet mins for the next 2 years. 

That's what everyone who had made a great offer is feeling. It's hard to make a great offer when you aren't a contender and expect to be a contender after it. KD played on the Thunder, Warriors, and Nets, he knows what an elite team looks like and it's not him and Trae with Hunter, Clint, Bogi, and Gallo and no bench at all.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why is this message board now talking about Kevin Durant????  You sure you still love this time of year?  Its just a lot of noise!

• Premium Member

Wolves about to trade D'Angelo Russell?

Dane Moore: I’ve been saying for the past month that I’ve heard it is over a 50% chance that D’Angelo Russell is traded this offseason. Conversations with a few non-Timberwolves sources today suggest a Russell trade is now even more likely — either tonight or the first week of July.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The trade for KD as I see it is JC, Hunter, OO, and a first.

We would still have Clint, Kev, Bogi, Gallo, JJ, and Rife.  I think our fortunes change with KD.  I believe that KD was the prize that ownership talked about when it said for the right player, we don't mind going over the cap.   Schlenk has to try...

as far as Murray goes...

What if the Ask is JC, OO, and a couple of Firsts....

Here's what we need to talk about. 

Why do we have our anchors set in around OO and Hunter?   They really haven't proved enough for us to turn down ALL NBA or HOF talent.  Just because we drafted them doesn't make them GREAT.  That is the problem with a lot of the balking I hear.  They are tradable assets that we can use to get better talent....

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

That's what everyone who had made a great offer is feeling. It's hard to make a great offer when you aren't a contender and expect to be a contender after it. KD played on the Thunder, Warriors, and Nets, he knows what an elite team looks like and it's not him and Trae with Hunter, Clint, Bogi, and Gallo and no bench at all.

What an exercise to see if you can viably build a contender after gutting your team 2 hours before the draft lol, don't envy Travis's position right now at all...

• Like 2