The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, akay said:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I hope Landry is making way on  DejounTrae duo happening.

Would be by far the most unexpected (minus KD but doubt that's happening) and best move we could make this off season 🐝

F367C551-4CD9-4A69-8C83-0AE05B497FDE.jpeg

This report looks to be on the money:

Did the Spurs actually talk to the Hawks about a Dejounte Murray trade?
Yes, it sounds like those talks did occur. While sources connected to the Spurs won’t confirm or deny the rumor, multiple league sources say the report is true. In fact, third and fourth teams were actively involved at one point in time yesterday afternoon. 

“There was a two hour window where [sic] the trade looked like it was nearing completion. Agents were even in on the call,” reads a text I got from a source last night.

Right now, I’m told that the talks have simmered. However, the Hawks are telling teams that Collins will be traded today so it’s possible that the Murray to the Hawks rumors will heat back up as the NBA draft nears.

What would the Spurs have received from the Hawks in the proposed trade?
First of all, I’m told that Collins wasn’t headed to the Spurs in the deal that was discussed yesterday. Collins was being sent to a third team. That team, believed to also be in the Western Conference, was set to send further draft compensation to the Spurs.

In total, San Antonio was in line to get at least four first round picks in return for Murray.

Why did trade talks stall?
It sounds like it came down to the pick protection. The Spurs wanted minimal protections on the first round picks, while the Hawks and the other team(s) involved wanted to include pick swaps and lottery protections. 

Could Dejounte Murray still be traded to the Hawks today?
It’s possible — but sources have gotten more pessimistic in recent hours. The Spurs are holding firm on requiring a monumental haul in order to trade Murray. A source says San Antonio wants a “Godfather offer” and is in no rush to trade Murray.

https://www.spurstalk.com/dejounte-murray-trade-rumor-atlanta-hawks/

• Like 3

• Premium Member

It seems Gobert has scrubbed Jazz related info from his Instagram. Wonder who won those sweepstakes 

Regardless of what the Hawks do, tonight should be exciting 🥳

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Let me whip out the Ouija board.  No, not for anything draft related, just to channel @kg01 again.

What is that, spirit?  Are you saying that Murray gives you Larry Hughes vibes? 

Soak it in, new folk.  This is HS royalty postin'. 

Up your quality, people.  Meet the challenge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, akay said:

It seems Gobert has scrubbed Jazz related info from his Instagram. Wonder who won those sweepstakes 

Regardless of what the Hawks do, tonight should be exciting 🥳

He's not getting traded till they get the offer they want

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

Proof the the Hawks will get Murray tonight. 

Reveal hidden contents

Flip Murray Attempting NBA Comeback

At 36 years old, Ronald “Flip” Murray tells Basketball Insiders that he’s attempting an NBA comeback.

R.c599ea19508ba89ffa815a13125f1445?rik=3

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

Since we've slowed down a little... Maybe we can have a quick conversation..

It went without comment and it may not be true at all... but one report said. 

Hawks FO didn't feel that Murray and Trae were a good fit.

I realize that the context was surrounded by the high price that San Antonio was asking... but on it's face, what do you guys think of that statement??

Murray is not a shooter.   He's a slash guy.   What do you think about that statement?

Murray is the complete package combo guard. Yeah he isn’t a Ray Allen lights out 3 pt shooter but he a baller and would be a deadly 1-2 punch with Trae. I also think we relied to heavily on Trae as the only above average ball handler so we need one. 

Kevin tries and Bogi tries but that is it. Delon is great as a backup for Trae.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Murray is not a shooter.   He's a slash guy.   What do you think about that statement?

Wow.  I hadn’t looked closely enough at him but can’t argue that at all.  He at least looks to be solid from midrange.  But his scoring efficiency is straight garbage.  Did not expect him to be that pedestrian at all.  Look how bad this is:image.jpeg

That is garbage efficiency.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Wow.  I hadn’t looked closely enough at him but can’t argue that at all.  He at least looks to be solid from midrange.  But his scoring efficiency is straight garbage.  Did not expect him to be that pedestrian at all.  Look how bad this is:image.jpeg

That is garbage efficiency.

But that is the best we can get unless Simmons because available and he won't or you enjoyed who is going to be playing SG today