• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

Hawks want Ayton at less than the max.  What a joke.   Yeah so does PHX!   They'd just match.   That's not going after him at all. 

There's only a few teams that can offer him the max.  

The wording in that is weird. I think the Hawks don't want to pay Ayton the max because they'll be hard capped and have to move a couple more pieces.  Doesn't mean they won't offer it to him.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

There's only a few teams that can offer him the max.  

The wording in that is weird. I think the Hawks don't want to pay Ayton the max because they'll be hard capped and have to move a couple more pieces.  Doesn't mean they won't offer it to him.

He will resign with Phoenix.  That's the plan. 

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

The ball is still in the air. 

People understand the Kyrie/KD situation has put EVERYTHING on pause, right?

Right? 

And I mean, on pause. Not ended.

Yeah but if they had thus secret trade agreed to months ago seemed liked they have missed the prime opportunity trade for him. Hope I am wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

No, confirmed. That was it!

If that was the secret trade and they had a chance to get it done but didn’t because of KD shame on them! What if the spurs offer changes or increases….stupid risk.

18 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They want OO in a deal. The sticking point from what I could tell in a rather broken exchange of messages is that pick protection is the main hang up once SAS realized we weren't sending them OO.

This deal could still happen per my source. The Hawks are waiting on the Durant situation to play out and then will pick up talks with SAS or other teams after it. Ressler has flat out told the FO to "get better" and he doesn't mean AJ Griffin at 16. 

I knew they wanted JC and OO plus picks from the jump but sounds like they would be willing to do just JC plus first rd picks unprotected if offered.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

Atlanta has to overpay if they want Ayton period. Trying to play the equal value thing isn’t going to work. If he wants to be here, pay him the max and put the pressure on Phoenix. 

No pressure on Phx.  Only way the Hawks get Ayton is in a sign and trade and Phx will have already agreed to it.

1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

Atlanta has to overpay if they want Ayton period. Trying to play the equal value thing isn’t going to work. If he wants to be here, pay him the max and put the pressure on Phoenix. 

If the Hawks FO thinks they are getting him at less than the max they shouldn’t have even contacted about his availability or spoke to his agent or whatever.

you’re not getting this dude for less than the max when he can easily avg 20/10 the next 5 years.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JTB said:

If that was the secret trade and they had a chance to get it done but didn’t because of KD shame on them! What if the spurs offer changes or increases….stupid risk.

I knew they wanted JC and OO plus picks from the jump but sounds like they would be willing to do just JC plus first rd picks unprotected if offered.

I think the story goes, that the deal was good and then SA wanted OO and picks.  Hawks said hell no, the SA said I want less protections on those picks.  Hawks said nah and now we are in limbo.

1 minute ago, akay said:

Throw a max at Ayton and f*** them pick protections, Trae/Murray/Hunter/??/Ayton is a championship caliber starting 😬

OO and JJ would have to man the four/five.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

And they will do so splendidly I am sure. Curious to see who we sign to fill in

Just now, marco102 said:

I think the story goes, that the deal was good and then SA wanted OO and picks.  Hawks said hell no, the SA said I want less protections on those picks.  Hawks said nah and now we are in limbo.

Take OO off the table and allow the picks to be unprotected or less protected. I don’t understand why even engage with team for their all star and keep protection on picks that can net you an all star SG.

im just a fan of course and don’t understand all the nba negotiating but it’s actually frustrating me this off season. Seems like this FO can get shit done this off season but they are being too picky.

JC + two first rd picks unprotected for Murray. Hell throw in Bogi if you need to and call it a day. Doesn’t make sense we are so worried about draft picks after drafting so many young players players to build a core the past 5 seasons.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Take OO off the table and allow the picks to be unprotected or less protected. I don’t understand why even engage with team for their all star and keep protection on picks that can net you an all star SG.

im just a fan of course and don’t understand all the nba negotiating but it’s actually frustrating me this off season. Seems like this FO can get shit done this off season but they are being too picky.

JC + two first rd picks unprotected for Murray. Hell throw in Bogi if you need to and call it a day. Doesn’t make sense we are so worried about draft picks after drafting so many young players players to build a core the past 5 seasons.

Don't salaries have to match?

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, marco102 said:

F dem picks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2