• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

The players going to the Nets might change a bit and there might have to be a draft pick thrown in, but this works. It's just a matter of if the Nets want this trade. 

Atlanta: Kevin Durant and Dejounte Murray. Enough said

Brooklyn: Gets 2 good players in Bogi and JC (Can be used in lineup or traded for draft assets) and also get out of Joe Harris contract (can be swapped for Seth Curry for the expiring contract and he might be more valuable for the Spurs to trade later)

Spurs: Get a kings ransom in 1st round draft picks and valuable expiring contracts to trade at the deadline in Feb.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-27-2022_4-59-49PM.thumb.png.049328e52824a813e9354d60232214f2.png

2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Maybe Collins has been part of their larger misinformation campaign. Use him to drum up interest without being desperate to move him like it appears.

Maybe they overpaid him and no one wants to trade anything good for him. Sad when an expiring Gallo is more than enough for them.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

So if Murray is a GODFATHER offer, what is one for KD?

The Spurs want a Godfather offer with picks. 

The Nets may want players to stay relevant, we haven't heard of their demands for KD. All we know is they would work with KD on where he goes and that team still has to be intriguing to KD after the trade for him. Having Trae, DM, Hunter?, and Capela left is very intriguing I would say. 

54 minutes ago, marco102 said:

image.thumb.png.f3a9bfef9b9ba1c0aac0b632e0b74084.png

@NBASupes If you didn't have concerns about Lavine playing next to Trae, I don't think you should be worried about Murray.  They look the same size here.  I do know Murray has a longer wingspan and is about 1 inch shorter, reportedly.

Yup, especially since Trae cannot guard the point of attack anyways, he usually ends up on a bigger guy that is buried in the corner. This won't change with Murray. It just means we will have much better defender guarding the point of attack now.

Murray would likely get the more ball dominant guard, and Hunter would take the next wing threat with size. Trae will always be guarding the worst of the other team's 1-3.  That's what he does now. 

The only way that changes is if Trae get's better on defense or he get's moved. I'll let ya'll decide which is more likely to happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, georgia said:

Do we keep Huerter and Bogi if this trade goes down and what does it mean for Delon Wright?

In the Murray trade, we would only be trading Gallo. So they would both be on the team. Could be used in a KD trade or they could replace Gallo's impact from the bench.

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Maybe they overpaid him and no one wants to trade anything good for him. Sad when an expiring Gallo is more than enough for them.

Maybe. But the rumors we've been linked to with Collins have been all over the place. The Spurs are clearly tanking and Gallo would satisfy their objectives. Collins might not be a prized asset to the rest of the league but that doesn't change his importance on this team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You are misinterpreting this.  

They want Gallo because he's expiring and will not contribute to winning with their Tank.  If you play Collins, he will contribute to winning it's not even about the salary. It's about the fact Gallo is expiring and they could potentially move him at next deadline for additional assets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Sir.  I was on Griffin just as long if not longer than you!  I just didn't think we had a shot at him.

Who said you wasn’t. All I’m saying is I got a party 🎉 for it and you got hurt feelings. 

:rofl: I kid Marco calm down.

Oh, and don’t call me sir anymore it’s running me the wrong way, it’s what hot young ladies call me now 🤦‍♀️ 

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Is this true?

Players always have a say. Especially one as significant as KD.

They CAN trade him anywhere, but if he doesn't want to play for that team, he doesn't have to suit up for them. 

Contracts don't mean anything for a player of his caliber. He will force his way out of any situation he doesn't want to be in.

Teams know this too. Which is why any team would want to know from KD's mouth that he is interested in coming to play for them. So, it's back in his hands at the end of the day.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Players always have a say. Especially one as significant as KD.

They CAN trade him anywhere, but if he doesn't want to play for that team, he doesn't have to suit up for them. 

Contracts don't mean anything for a player of his caliber. He will force his way out of any situation he doesn't want to be in.

Look at James Harden. If you are willing to pout , to play bad, etc. When can a team do?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nathan2331 said:

Now if we can pull off a swap of Murray for Gallo, do we look to move one of Bogi or Huerter? Or do we let Delon walk? I suppose we could keep everyone and bring Delon, Bogi and Huerter of the bench. That would be an embarrassment of riches.

Murray is a supercharged version of Delon.  So in this scenario . . . deuces Delon.

Peace Out GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Murray is a supercharged version of Delon.  So in this scenario . . . deuces Delon.

Peace Out GIFs | Tenor

I agree with the comparison. But, Imagine have 2 amazing defenders at guard.

Why do we have to stop at Murray? We could have a true dawg identity on our roster with both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I agree with the comparison. But, Imagine have 2 amazing defenders at guard.

Why do we have to stop at Murray? We could have a true dawg identity on our roster with both.

Exactly. And Huerter is big enough to play SF coming off the bench. I don't know if everyone would be happy playing reduced roles, but we'd have a lot of cover for injuries with AJ and Coop still being on the roster.