• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

Just now, sturt said:

I'm confused, as I think I read camp say that Gallo has a say in what we guarantee him, even though the guarantee would be for more than the $5m... not saying camp is wrong, just saying that it doesn't make sense that if you want, you can just cut the guy per the contract and pay him $5m... but if you want to give him more guarantee and then cut him, he has to agree to it.... what???... I mean, it wouldn't be the first time something about the NBA CBA seemed nonsensical, but it is nonsensical.

It's difficult to imagine why Gallo would balk at this... he's getting a higher buyout than required in his contract, and just being bought out means he gets to determine where he wants to land. And at his age, you want to control that, of course.

So, I'm skeptical that that's the explanation for the current holding pattern. But who knows. Not me.

That's what I was thinking. Why would Gallo object to a higher buyout? I don't follow the logic of Gallo holding up the trade. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

I'm confused, as I think I read camp say that Gallo has a say in what we guarantee him, even though the guarantee would be for more than the $5m... not saying camp is wrong, just saying that it doesn't make sense that if you want, you can just cut the guy per the contract and pay him $5m... but if you want to give him more guarantee and then cut him, he has to agree to it.... what???... I mean, it wouldn't be the first time something about the NBA CBA seemed nonsensical, but it is nonsensical.

It's difficult to imagine why Gallo would balk at this... he's getting a higher buyout than required in his contract, and just being bought out means he gets to determine where he wants to land. And at his age, you want to control that, of course.

So, I'm skeptical that that's the explanation for the current holding pattern. But who knows. Not me.

If he knows the hawks really want murray. Why wouldn’t he hold out and force the hand to increase his guaranteed $ as much as possible? 

im with you - idk if that’s all it is. But that would be my guess as to why he would … should that be the situation.  

• Premium Member
Just now, h4wkfan said:

Why wouldn’t he hold out and force the hand to increase his guaranteed $ as much as possible? 

Yeah, perhaps... though it's a delicate thing... you blow up the trade, it can end up costing you.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

Yeah, perhaps... though it's a delicate thing... you blow up the trade, it can end up costing you.

Maybe its as simple as Gallo is out of the country and the team has to reach him and his reps to finalize the deal? I dunno. Just thinking out loud. 

• Like 3

Just now, sturt said:

I would have to imagine Gallo's, Art Tellum, who is a well known agent, would not want to blow up a trade. That's not how you make build bridges in this league. Unless he really wants to stick it to Klutch.

• Like 1

Really dude! Nate will probably stagger their minutes during games to make sure one of them are on the court at all times.

Example: If Trae is out of the game, Murray moves to Point Guard and then Bogi or Huerter comes in as the Shooting Guard. All these guys want to play so that's why I don't think bringing Delon Wright is a giod thing. He would probably want to go to a team where he can get more playing time, rather than be the third point guard that rarely plays. That job would probably go to Sharife.

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Maybe its as simple as Gallo is out of the country and the team has to reach him and his reps to finalize the deal? I dunno. Just thinking out loud. 

That’s what I mean.. the guy is probably relaxing and taking his time reviewing it. He has a family and tbh he probably isn’t worried about making things fast for the Hawks to cut him and he probably wants to make sure he gets the most money in a buyout.

I sit on big contracts all the time for business so I can digest what potential impacts it has.

Edited by theheroatl

8 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think it’s probably this. 

I’m sure a ignorant ass fan will tweet him “Let’s get this shit moving” soon enough . Not suggesting that to anyone reading this. 😏

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TRW said:

Really dude! Nate will probably stagger their minutes during games to make sure one of them are on the court at all times.

Example: If Trae is out of the game, Murray moves to Point Guard and then Bogi or Huerter comes in as the Shooting Guard. All these guys want to play so that's why I don't think bringing Delon Wright is a giod thing. He would probably want to go to a team where he can get more playing time, rather than be the third point guard that rarely plays. That job would probably go to Sharife.

Well for 1, we won’t have enough cap to sign Wright without first moving Bogi or Kev. So a move for Wright is also a decision to move on from Bogi likely and commit to defense at backup Guard.

For 2, with that understanding, yes we expect minutes to be staggered. There are 96 mins at PG/SG. There is enough time for all 3 to play 30+ if you wanted. But likely Delon gets no more than 24 and Kev has the remaining balance with the majority of his time at backup SF now.

3. injuries happen. And if you’re the Hawks, they happen often. Doesn’t not hurt to have overlap of depth and talent. 

I think the big thing to understand is point #1. We aren’t carrying Trae, Murray, Bogi, Wright and Kev. One will not be here and by the sounds of it, Bogi is the one we want to move out the most.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

His agent is Art Tellum, a well known American basketball agent. Gallo being in Italy likely has no bearing on anything. 

But also buyouts take time because people have a tendency to sit on the contract to make sure they are doing the right thing. Maybe they said you have until noon tomorrow? Gallo signs it, not his agent. Gallo has a family and this is his buyout on the last biggest contract he has. It is likely they sent it to him today with some guidance to decide by tomorrow. Today is Monday and maybe the Hawks FO took some time off this weekend and just got back to prepare new paperwork.

who knows.. it’s fun to speculate 

Edited by theheroatl

10 minutes ago, TRW said:

What makes you think you can’t play Murray and Delon Wright together? 

nate can absolutely play them together and if all is correct that bogi gets traded after Murray trade is completed then there’s going to be plenty of minutes at both backup guard positions. Huerter will likely be the swingman that switches between SG and SF.

i don’t disagree with you that Trae and/or Murray will always be on the court but even then it’s going to always be with either Wright or Huerter as the first two off the bench . The rookie AJ will get spot minutes where he can along with other young guys.