• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

@marco102   Heck, the Hawks could win a chip with just adding Murray to the roster and keeping Capela, Collins etc.   Ayton would be just icing on the cake and make it almost guaranteed.  I mean, look, four unprotected first round draft choices is a ton of top picks, but like I have said, the Hawks done already built up through the draft.  Why not gamble and try to get at least one of those picks back later on if they can't win a chip with Murray added to the fold and not losing anything but the four picks currently in a trade to get Murray? 

I'm more about what you have thats PROVEN vs the bird in the bush of draft picks.  Also, as I have repeatedly said in this thread, Johnson can't even get into the rotation.  The Hawks are at the point where they are gonna have to move some folks anyway to make room for the draft picks they ALREADY GOT.  You can't keep drafting top players and stashing them in College Park.  Build to win NOW and stop the other stuff.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, terrell said:

JC/Ayton pairing is gonna struggle defensively imo...

I think we’ll end up packaging JC for Murray and we’re probably looking for a third team to offer a first for him to route to SA. I can see Sac offering Barnes and a protected first. The trade would be something like this: Murray and Barnes to ATL, Gallo 23 Charlotte pick, ‘24 1st ATL pick and Sac ‘23 1st to SA, JC to Sac. And then we s&t Ayton for Capela. We can either shop Barnes at the deadline or it’s a nice salary relief next year to re-sign Hunter.

1 minute ago, Hawkmoor said:

@marco102   Heck, the Hawks could win a chip with just adding Murray to the roster and keeping Capela, Collins etc.   Ayton would be just icing on the cake and make it almost guaranteed.  I mean, look, four unprotected first round draft choices is a ton of top picks, but like I have said, the Hawks done already built up through the draft.  Why not gamble and try to get at least one of those picks back later on if they can't win a chip with Murray added to the fold and not losing anything but the four picks currently in a trade to get Murray? 

I'm more about what you have thats PROVEN vs the bird in the bush of draft picks.  Also, as I have repeatedly said in this thread, Johnson can't even get into the rotation.  The Hawks are at the point where they are gonna have to move some folks anyway to make room for the draft picks they ALREADY GOT.  You can't keep drafting top players and stashing them in College Park.  Build to win NOW and stop the other stuff.

I don't see Murray being the difference in us winning a chip or not. His scoring isn't that impressive and he's averaging one of the highest touches in the NBA. Trae's not even getting 88 touches a game. His touches will literally dip over 40 touches per game. If he averages 15ppg, I'll be shocked. 

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

@NBASupes

Well I'm not listening unless it's an apology.

You should listen then. 

• Like 3

“They (our rooks) will have an opportunity,” McMillan said. “And it’s good to have competition, competing for opportunities. You know, we still have guys at the position that they play with Kevin Huerter and Bogey (Bogdan Bogdanovic). Those guys being our twos and threes, and you know, you bring in guys like Martin and AJ that will get that opportunity. But they know that they’re going to have to earn it.”

Are we keeping Kev AND Bogi? And why didnt you mention Dre?

download.jpg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, akay said:

Yeah I know, I just don't wanna give up Clint if it's for a max Ayton, was saying I'd do JC for Ayton straight up if they were on the same $25 mil 

By all reports now, no one is giving him a max. I'd easily say bye to Cap, Okongwu and Ayton would be a great 4/5 duo, better than JC/Cap.

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

“They (our rooks) will have an opportunity,” McMillan said. “And it’s good to have competition, competing for opportunities. You know, we still have guys at the position that they play with Kevin Huerter and Bogey (Bogdan Bogdanovic). Those guys being our twos and threes, and you know, you bring in guys like Martin and AJ that will get that opportunity. But they know that they’re going to have to earn it.”

Are we keeping Kev AND Bogi? And why didnt you mention Dre?

download.jpg

Hunter is a 3/4 to Nate. AJ and TM is 2/3. 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't see Murray being the difference in us winning a chip or not. His scoring isn't that impressive and he's averaging one of the highest touches in the NBA. Trae's not even getting 88 touches a game. His touches will literally dip over 40 touches per game. If he averages 15ppg, I'll be shocked. 

You should listen then. 

I like Murray fit, but I think he's being overrated here....

• Like 3

Just now, terrell said:

I like Murray fit, but I think he's being overrated here....

They just assume the role he played in SA will fit like a glove. So much data that screams run, I just don't want it at all. Ayton, I would like that. Even if the defense with him and JC takes a major hit, Offense should be #1 in the NBA and even if the floor gets even lower than it already is, the ceiling also gets higher as well. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You should listen then. 

@NBASupes  You are looking at this the wrong way.  You WANT both Murray's and Trae's touches to go down.  THATS the problem they both have.  Both are league leading scorers and both have been play-in tournament players.  Lets concentrate on Trae and the Hawks.  Miami SHOWED that the Hawks GLARING problem is the need for another player who can create his own shots.  If Murray is on the Hawks team against Miami, they couldn't have overplayed Trae like that.  Murray also affords Trae a opportunity to play off the ball and vice versa. 

You can now run plays for Trae off the ball and improve his efficiency.  It also affords the Hawks to always have a legit playmaker on the floor whenever they sit Trae. Teams can't just automatically go on big runs with Murray still being on the floor and vice versa. Its not always about how many points you score its about how and when you get those points.  The Hawks were second in the NBA in scoring and were a bad offense because of how they got the points.  Thats why they got bounced by the Heat.  This is FACTS. 

I didn't even mention the defense that Murray brings which changes the whole Hawks defense.  They would have to rotate less.  They can gamble more in the lanes with Murray.  Man, San Antonio knows what they got in Murray and have sent the Hawks a golden opportunity to make it a win/win for both teams.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They just assume the role he played in SA will fit like a glove. So much data that screams run, I just don't want it at all. Ayton, I would like that. Even if the defense with him and JC takes a major hit, Offense should be #1 in the NBA and even if the floor gets even lower than it already is, the ceiling also gets higher as well. 

@terrell, this is to you, Murray's true fit in Atlanta

https://voca.ro/1lgypfqhYOrq

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

@NBASupes  You are looking at this the wrong way.  You WANT both Murray's and Trae's touches to go down.  THATS the problem they both have.  Both are league leading scorers and both have been play-in tournament players.  Lets concentrate on Trae and the Hawks.  Miami SHOWED that the Hawks GLARING problem is the need for another player who can create his own shots.  If Murray is on the Hawks team against Miami, they couldn't have overplayed Trae like that.  Murray also affords Trae a opportunity to play off the ball and vice versa. 

You can now run plays for Trae off the ball and improve his efficiency.  It also affords the Hawks to always have a legit playmaker on the floor whenever they sit Trae. Teams can't just automatically go on big runs with Murray still being on the floor and vice versa. Its not always about how many points you score its about how and when you get those points.  The Hawks were second in the NBA in scoring and were a bad offense because of how they got the points.  Thats why they got bounced by the Heat.  This is FACTS. 

I didn't even mention the defense that Murray brings which changes the whole Hawks defense.  They would have to rotate less.  They can gamble more in the lanes with Murray.  Man, San Antonio knows what they got in Murray and have sent the Hawks a golden opportunity to make it a win/win for both teams.  

My reply: https://voca.ro/19yBWYIg0NvL

37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You should listen then. 

It's not about Murray and his scoring.  It's about the other facets of his game that compliments that roster that I put up there. 

Murray is a two way player (although much better on defense), Hunter can be a two way player,   Collins is a good defender and scorer, and Ayton I consider a two way player.

If you have that much versatility in your starting lineup and can round out the edges, with Huerter, JJ, and OO  (Wright?/Robinson?) That's a contender to me. 

With Ayton and Collins, I believe we will need better perimeter defense and Murray and Hunter can bring that. Murray also helps Trae with his playmaking and Hunter with his rebounding deficiency. 

Edit: You'll need to reply to me in text because I'm on my work computer. Also, if you're driving, just put the phone down man!!! 😄 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4