• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Any updates from your source regarding what the FO is looking for in a John Collins trade now?

-cap space?

-draft picks?

-Better veteran bench talent?

The Hawks have called everyone but I haven't heard nothing outside of that. 

5 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I had a lineup at first that looked like this.

PG - Trae ( 34 ) - Murray ( 14 )

G - Murray ( 18 ) - Bogi ( 26 ) - Huerter ( 4 )

F - Hunter ( 24 ) - Huerter ( 22 )

PF - Collins ( 32 ) -  Okongwu ( 8 ) - Hunter ( 8 )

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Okongwu ( 20 )

But that's just an 8 man rotation.  So if JJ doesn't crack the rotation, and Nate goes with 8, Okongwu should at least get 8 minutes at PF.  Hopefully that would increase as the year went on, and either Bogi or Huerter see less minutes overall.

If things stay the same, hard to say this isn't good. Hunter maybe getting too many mins at the 4 but if we are playing the Celtics, we gotta be versed 

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I had a lineup at first that looked like this.

PG - Trae ( 34 ) - Murray ( 14 )

G - Murray ( 18 ) - Bogi ( 26 ) - Huerter ( 4 )

F - Hunter ( 24 ) - Huerter ( 22 )

PF - Collins ( 32 ) -  Okongwu ( 8 ) - Hunter ( 8 )

C - Capela ( 28 ) - Okongwu ( 20 )

But that's just an 8 man rotation.  So if JJ doesn't crack the rotation, and Nate goes with 8, Okongwu should at least get 8 minutes at PF.  Hopefully that would increase as the year went on, and either Bogi or Huerter see less minutes overall.

Big O not playing 4 man, provides zero spacing there.   Collins will be traded. Hunter needs to play 3 so he can not get so banged up all the time.  Mins will be available at 4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, gHost83 said:

Big O not playing 4 man, provides zero spacing there.   Collins will be traded. Hunter needs to play 3 so he can not get so banged up all the time.  Mins will be available at 4.

Bro, get with the times. Defense is everything from that position in the modern NBA and Okongwu working on that shot. Get gotta get the minutes. 

I shared a depth chart and most of the starting 4 was defensive minded. 

• Like 2

I think our fans need to give a little more respect to the rumor we’ve been ignoring that our insiders mentioned first and that the fact that the front office wants to play OO more minutes.

more minutes could mean anything but it would not shock me it more meant “starter minutes”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Prediction:   If we're below .500 at the start of December, Nate gets fired.

I said this a while back...Schields isnt fkn around.. lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bro, get with the times. Defense is everything from that position in the modern NBA and Okongwu working on that shot. Get gotta get the minutes. 

I shared a depth chart and most of the starting 4 was defensive minded. 

How many mid range shots has he taken in his professional career?  I just don't see it. But I respect your take 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

How many mid range shots has he taken in his professional career?  I just don't see it. But I respect your take 

He's been a B2B center in that role exclusively as we had JC and Gallo. He played the 4 at USC. He's gonna be fine.

28 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

I fully respect those teams (the highlight factory wasn’t just one year). But we got destroyed in the second round once we became a 3-6 seed apart from our magical run when we got swept by LeBron and scrubs in the EC finals. That was a Bud team, and highlight factory was more of a Josh Smith plus young players thing.

The first year of that run was sadly one of the most enjoyable because it was 1/8 against the loaded Celtics. Just so many beat downs in round 2 in the “true” highlight factory years.

I think the team that everyone routinely forgets, is the 2011 team.  Very lackluster during the regular season.  But they made decent noise in the playoffs.

Remember . . . Jeff Teague was barely playing in that Orlando series

Then Hinrich got hurt at the end of the Orlando series, and the arrival of Jeff Teague came.  Hawks played well in this series, and should've won Game 5.  But when they lost Game 5 in that 4th quarter, that's all it wrote for the Hawks.

Still, this team was respectable, and one of the better Hawks team the franchise has seen.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think the team that everyone routinely forgets, is the 2011 team.  Very lackluster during the regular season.  But they made decent noise in the playoffs.

Remember . . . Jeff Teague was barely playing in that Orlando series

Then Hinrich got hurt at the end of the Orlando series, and the arrival of Jeff Teague came.  Hawks played well in this series, and should've won Game 5.  But when they lost Game 5 in that 4th quarter, that's all it wrote for the Hawks.

Still, this team was respectable, and one of the better Hawks team the franchise has seen.

Worth noting the officiating in game 5 was laughable. Hawks got fleeced by the refs big time. 

• Like 1

Another aspect of this trade to consider. We basically have to resign Murray because of how much we gave up. Meaning, we wont have much leverage in negotiations. If he plays at his current level he will get top dollar regardless. But what if Murray's play falls off? Hawks will be in a tough spot.

24 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I love the Spurs. They gave us Dominique and now they give us Murray. They have a special place in my heart. 

I might be missing something here.  Dominique was signed as a free agent by the Spurs after playing in Greece.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Another aspect of this trade to consider. We basically have to resign Murray because of how much we gave up. Meaning, we wont have much leverage in negotiations. If he plays at his current level he will get top dollar regardless. But what if Murray's play falls off? Hawks will be in a tough spot.

Each deal is it's own entity.  What we gave up to get him has no bearing on whether or not we "have" to re-sign him.  GM's that think like that don't stay GMs for long.

• Like 3