• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Murray will be the starting SG and will play some back up PG minutes - that's how I see it.

As of today:

1st - Trae, Murray, Hunter, Collins, Capela

2nd - Wright, Bogi, Heurter, JJ, OO

3rd - Cooper, Mays, Griffin, Martin, Vet Min C

Its soo good to see JJ's name in a rotation.  This Hawks team is loaded.  The scary part is they can possibly get better if they move Collins.  As of now though, thats a monster squad.

Edited by Hawkmoor

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Murray will be the starting SG and will play some back up PG minutes - that's how I see it.

As of today:

This is the issue I have with Murray...he isn't a prototypical shooting guard which makes for an odd fit with Trae on the floor. What makes more sense to is to stagger the 2 and have Murray run the 2nd unit.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

As of today:

I don't even know why you typed this @JayBirdHawk. We all know OO is our starting Forward. He doesn't miss his 3 point shots (that he doesn't take)

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is the issue I have with Murray...he isn't a prototypical shooting guard which makes for an odd fit with Trae on the floor. What makes more sense to is to stagger the 2 and have Murray run the 2nd unit.

Or have Murray run the first unit and have Trae run the second unit. Im not Trae hating. Im just saying that's a possibility we should consider. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LucastheThird said:

Nah, he'll handle the ball more as the secondary play maker, but Trae is still the floor general. His turnover ratio will improve with less touches. 

Murray last year had 9.2 assists to 2.6 turnovers. That's as good as it gets. He should absolutely at the very least be given the chance to run the starting unit. Let Trae sulk. It's about winning

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Or have Murray run the first unit and have Trae run the second unit. Im not Trae hating. Im just saying that's a possibility we should consider. 

Agreed, the point is neither are a great fit together. Murray not great off the ball because his shooting. Trae just doesn't like playing off the ball and plus it would diminish his impact on offense.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Murray last year had 9.2 assists to 2.6 turnovers. That's as good as it gets. He should absolutely at the very least be given the chance to run the starting unit. Let Trae sulk. It's about winning

He should.  I'm sure we'll try out some different lineups, but you know Nate -- I wouldn't expect anything too creative.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Nah, he'll handle the ball more as the secondary play maker, but Trae is still the floor general. His turnover ratio will improve with less touches. 

I'm more concerned in how well Nate will change his offense vs how Trae and Murray mesh together.  The pressure will be on Nate to make this work because Trae and Murray are studs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I'm more concerned in how well Nate will change his offense vs how Trae and Murray mesh together.  The pressure will be on Nate to make this work because Trae and Murray are studs.

With Murray being an excellent point guard but also an excellent defender, there may be certain match ups where let's say if Trae is just getting absolutely cooked on defense,  he might not be the best option to close out the game. Just sayin'. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I've seen Seattle and Las Vegas. Then there'd be a realignment with Memphis joining the East.

Now thats something I can get with.  The first NBA team I liked was that Lenny Wilkins coached Sonics team of the 70s before I became aware of the Hawks.  Having a team in Vegas just pairs with the football team and the whole betting scene.

Laughhard Bigdraco GIF - Laughhard Bigdraco I Can Dig It - Discover & Share  GIFs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

With Murray being an excellent point guard but also an excellent defender, there may be certain match ups where let's say if Trae is just getting absolutely cooked on defense,  he might not be the best option to close out the game. Just sayin'. 

Thats a interesting take.  The other option in a scenario like that would be to switch offense for defense on a play per play basis very late in the game so that you could rotate Trae back in for offense.  Thats a interesting option though that you pointed out.

10 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

I've seen Seattle and Las Vegas. Then there'd be a realignment with Memphis joining the East.

Logically, Minnesota makes the most sense in the east. 

New Orleans is close to Memphis but no one in the west is close to Minnesota 

• Like 1