• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Phoenix.. good get him out of the east.. One step higher seed for Hawks.

Probably S&T Ayton and Bridges (and some picks). If I remember correctly, odds for Nets to land Ayton had gone up when the whole Kyrie thing was going on. Kind of makes sense intel was leaked that Durant would go to Phoenix. Vegas is usually the best source.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, sturt said:

We're not on the same planet.

Suffice it to say, when it was understood that our second best player on the roster was severely injured, I (and I wasn't alone of course) acquiesced to the conclusion that there wasn't any way for us to even make it out of a first round of the playoffs.

He doesn't stand out to you perhaps because he does many things well, but nothing elite. But the sum total of his contribution is the second most important contribution to our .651 record under Nate.

And I add that I think it's been too easy to look at the new toy and underappreciate the toy you gave up for that new toy. Gallo was huge for us. Murray might be huge-r. Hopefully so. But it's possible that we've all (me included) become so used to the idea that we were going to lose Gallo somehow someway anyhow, that we began to disregard what he brought to this rotation.

If we lose both Gallo and JC, it's hard to overstate what a void is left there.

Finally, zooming out further... almost no one seems to talk about how disruptive all this may turn out to be to what chemistry this roster had among them. Schlenk more or less promised there wasn't an overhaul intended when he spoke to Kirschner a few weeks ago. That's looking like a lie. You can get away with lying as a GM or whatever his new title is... but you'd better have made people forget about the lie. They won't forget if you guessed wrong.

I understand your position, but you're making more of an emotional argument instead of presenting facts.

Was JC solely responsible for this record we had? No, and comparing that best case record to what actually happened is a little disingenuous as John was healthy during that 6-16 period. 

Last season we went 7-2 without John, and this season we went 17-11 without him. 

We're obviously not intending to start the season without any Pf's so saying John and Danilo being gone is bad yes, if it's a vacuum and we have no replacements. 

The fact of the matter is, John has been in a diminished role ever since Clint came, and there's a reason he's expendable. 

If there are legitimate basketball reasons John Collins leaving is worse than whatever his replacement will bring, I would love to hear it.

But broad brush strokes aren't real reasons for me, winning will absolve any chemistry issues, and we can definitely win with John on the roster, but we've seen we can win without him.

If you bring up last year's playoffs, can't ignore Clint being out.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You can be good.  I wanna be great.  I'm not a huge fan of Durant and his attitude but he has an argument to be considered the best in the game.  Why not try to add him?

Only argument i could see is we'd gut our whole team, and Trae Murray Durant is a crazy core, I don't think the rest of the roster holds up if we trade JC, OO, Hunter, Huerter.

• Like 1