• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks need to have capspace to make an offer.

Hawks clearly can only do this in a SNT.  But in theory the player they send could end up in Brooklyn, right?

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, sturt said:

Just got sat down from an all-morning road trip, and catching up...........

(a) I think what's assumed, but shouldn't be, in that analysis is that Murray ends up being 2021-22 Murray, and not something more like his previous 4 playing seasons, or worse, more like his one lost season to injury.

You're assuming we'll resign the guy, but if we fail to make the NBA Finals in these next two years and he didn't prove to be the asset that he's expected to be, that's a recipe for a whole new re-calibration.

Everyone is happy happy right now, and good vibes are flowing, of course... which is great... I'm happy too. I'm happy, though, for the specific reason that I believe this franchise might be on the verge of its most significant and rewarding outcomes ever... if there is disappointment, that's going to have ramifications.

(b) I agree that I don't see these next two years as our only window, in the sense that, as you've suggested, these guys are so young... but given what I just said above, I suggest that any additional window depends on big success in these next two years, otherwise there's going to be another overhaul. In other words, if this turns out well this season or next, then there's every reason to believe that the window will be extended; and if not, there's every reason to believe that Ressler will again press his FO to reshuffle the deck...

(c) And you know how the NBA works... it's always plausible in a worst-case scenario that the owner decides he needs to overhaul his front office if he's not gotten the results he's wanted... and/or... that Schlenk would feel it's that time in his career to jump ship.

You don't invest three first round picks in someone you don't plan to resign.  My main point is that I don't see us anywhere close to having a two year window.  You want to see a return on your investment within two years, but I think we need to build for the long run. 

The bar for me is a consistent playoff team that is at least a credible dark horse for the title.  We could even be a first round exit against a team like Boston, Miami, Philly, or Milwaukee.  The east is getting stronger.  Not every contender is even gonna win their first round series.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ayton to Atlanta still a possibility but of Brooklyn being hard capped. 

I can’t imagine Ayton wants to go there either with all this dysfunction. 

And BKN’s 2 best players are divas. And Houston owns all their picks. What a terrible situation. 

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

wasn't he on one of our SL teams?

Yes he was, and he will probably be on this years team.  Remember the article I posted where Grant Golden was talking about the Hawks having only  one other big on the Summer  roster, well this might whom he was talking about.    Technically Jock is an overseas player even though he has played in the states.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

You don't invest three first round picks in someone you don't plan to resign.  

No doubt.  Resigning him in two years is essential to this deal making sense.  Unfortunately, that isn't in our control.  Hopefully Murray will like it here and decide to stay but it will be his decision, not TS's.

• Like 2

• Admin

Does Ayton really improve us that much?  Clint is better D and rebounder ... we have scorers in Trae, Bogi, Kev, JC, Murry and Hunter.  Murry was the big need (wing defender, someone who can play backup pg and help offload ball handling duties for Trae).  I don't know if we need to do much more.  Get Solo back

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks need to have capspace to make an offer.

My crystal ball shows at least 2/3 of John/Clint/Bogi getting traded this off season, so we see 🔮🧛

• Moderators
Just now, ShooterSays said:

Are you saying 3 team deal - Ayton to ATL, Durant to PHO, JC to BKN ???

No.  If Brooklyn is sending out Ayton, they are only taking back $18M or less.  Durant will make more than $44M so he isn't close to the salary that PHO can take back.

6 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Does Ayton really improve us that much?  Clint is better D and rebounder ... we have scorers in Trae, Bogi, Kev, JC, Murry and Hunter.  Murry was the big need (wing defender, someone who can play backup pg and help offload ball handling duties for Trae).  I don't know if we need to do much more.  Get Solo back

Ayton is better on the perimeter, so I would argue he is a better complete defender than the Capela we saw out there last year. 

But Trae-Ayton 1-5 PnR would be literally unbeatable. He is that much better offensively than Clint in every way. 

• Like 4