• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Why would we want Simmons at this salary when we could make a run at Gobert, who actually plays center and is a generational defender.  I was happy to gamble on Simmons and his issues before we brought in Murray but as others have said, it makes no sense now.

A thought hitting me recently is that NBA big man interest continues to wane.  Collins, Gobert, and Ayton, are just not drawing much interest.  Unless you are Embiid, Jokic, or Bam your contract is seen as a liability.  

I think Simmons can play 4 or 5 and do some of the things that Dejounte does.  None of the other bigs available offer his skill sets.  Only argument I can make for Simmons.  

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

What a crock … the dude can’t stay healthy … this league is screwed up

Some type of injury protection seems very appropriate.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, theheroatl said:

Waking up today I’m okay with these scenarios in this order:

1. Stick with Murray Only / minor wing defensive addition - By far the best scenario 

2. Adding Durant for Huerter, Collins + Capela + Hunter (only one that I’m reluctant on)

3. Adding Simmons for OO or Collins/Huerter

Simmons fits better with Capela than OO as our center.

OO>Ben

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

And you still owe me the certificate of authenticity with certified DNA test results...

Oh did we not read the fine print which states the "hair" may or may not be from Simmons and may not even be human hair at all?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

*gasp*

Ben is a DPOY candidate multiple years and a legit playmaker.  Wake me when OO gets on that level.

I can't wait to wake you up in October when OO is splashing middies from all over the court and defending at an elite level!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh did we not read the fine print which states the "hair" may or may not be from Simmons and may not even be human hair at all?

Then you better get with the people on the ordering desk. I was very clear with them that the voodoo ritual I was using the hair for required authentic hair and they assured me that rider was only in there to protect against any lawsuits from the fan club of Benjamin Simmons of Clarksdale, Florida. I have the chat transcript.

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Personally, I am not in favor of trading for KD.  I believe his body is on the verge of breaking down (year or 2) and I don't want to be the one without a chair when we finish playing musical contracts.

THIS! I don’t wanna clean his fragile bones 🦴 off State Farm arena.

• Haha 1

A lot of undervaluing Ben Simmons here. Thank God Schlenk is not this emotional if this deal is indeed real and he is going for it.

31 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

This is a great point. The only way Simmons is more valuable if you sacrifice way less assets, as we know Ainge only wants GODFATHER offers.

Which per reports is Ainge wants the world for Gobert. JC and Huerter or Capela for Ben? Sign me up.

Edited by GameTime
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

OO>Ben

Until I see otherwise OO is like so many of our rookie contracts.  

Player shows a few glimpses of talent means they will become my homer fan best case scenario.  Any critical thinking about them is seen as someone not being a "real fan."   I am cheering for his success, but don't understand how he is seen as a top player in the league.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2