The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Okongwu 

Hunter 

And JC

Plus 3 1sts

It is too much for me honestly, one of the three players has to be removed.

• Like 2

Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

Unfortunately Ibaka is not a 4 no more. He's strictly a 5. He can't move around like he used to do. 

I’d use him and oo interchangeably as a 4. Also looking for a way not to block JJ from getting minutes. 

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

The major shift in our roster construction is bringing in defense and toughness, but giving up shooting.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out on the court.  We were one of the top shooting teams % wise.  

The Celtics were middle of the pack on offense but were at the top where it counted, defense.  I like the new personnel moves.

hace 8 minutos, RandomFan dijo:

@sturt

That is why keeping Delon was key, this means the backcourt of Trae and Bogi are going to share significant minutes and that is weak defense, also means Holiday can only play with DM but we lack a good defender at SG to pair with Trae, Trae will need to play 12-15 mins with a bad defender at SG

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Sorry - Not gonna cut it if it’s less but I’m okay with it. 

If this was 3 years ago for sure, but his age and health worries me. His team also just got swept in the first round. 

I get it, KD would be massive but I just think there are too many concerns. If it doesn’t work out we also don’t have the luxury to just blow it up and assume to get another superstar like the Lakers, Heat, and even the Nets to a degree. 

ESPN had an interesting segment with Perk and crew and asked which team KD would go into the HOF as. Sonics was only one year, the bridges with OKC and BKN have been burned. GS probably makes the most sense, but he most likely doesn’t feel wanted or loved there. They said how important this trade is to his legacy. 

They didn’t mention ATL, but what better place to cement your legacy than ATL and helping bring this city their first basketball championship?

Miami and Toronto have championships recently. But if you want to put the exclamation point on your career, helping a city win their first would be legacy defining.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

ESPN had an interesting segment with Perk and crew and asked which team KD would go into the HOF as. Sonics was only one year, the bridges with OKC and BKN have been burned. GS probably makes the most sense, but he most likely doesn’t feel wanted or loved there. They said how important this trade is to his legacy. 

They didn’t mention ATL, but what better place to cement your legacy than ATL and helping bring this city their first basketball championship?

Miami and Toronto have championships recently. But if you want to put the exclamation point on your career, helping a city win their first would be legacy defining.

KD would never play with Trae..their games don't mesh together

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Perk mentioned Atlanta as the best spot for KD. 

But I agree, KD legacy if he brought a title or multiple titles to Atlanta will be on some GOAT shit. I'll probably be one of the fools saying he's better than Bron and MJ.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Their games mesh actually. And as well all know, ball stepping doesn't hurt us as much as it hurts others. 

• Like 2

I was just thinking more along the lines that Atlanta is one of a few select playoff teams that can trade a good asset haul while still having KD come into a front court that is top tier plus Capela. Just have to figure the vet min PF.

If you think KD isn't worth a win now team by sending OO, Hunter, and Collins I don't think you know the NBA then.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You mean like how everyone said GSW wouldn't mesh with him? Durant is a shooter, so is Trae.. It's not against the rules to have to great shooters on a team.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

It is too much for me honestly, one of the three players has to be removed.

I don't think you will get a top 5 player for less than this. 

Top 25 rookie player who has tremendous impact stats.

Top 100 two way wing who's in his rookie deal. 

Top 60 player. 

Three 1sts, I think that's as good as it will get.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Perk mentioned Atlanta as the best spot for KD. 

But I agree, KD legacy if he brought a title or multiple titles to Atlanta will be on some GOAT shit. I'll probably be one of the fools saying he's better than Bron and MJ.

Their games mesh actually. And as well all know, ball stepping doesn't hurt us as much as it hurts others. 

Durant is the king of ball stopping.  They do not benefit one another