• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

42 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

It’s going to nice seeing better defensive effort on the court this year. Schields wanted tougher, and we’re getting there. 

But if we were annoyed with all the missed assist opportunities for Trae due to poor shooting teammates last year… Wooo boy, next year is gonna be something else. 
If Trae’s historic offensive numbers finally got him on the All NBA team, he may not make it back. His assists are gonna drop big time. 

Yall give too much credit to our shooters last season.. Huerter/Bogi/Gallo missed wide open 3's galore.. Yeah they got it going sometimes, but they were bad at times too... Holiday can shoot just as good if not better..And can D up when he misses unlike Huerter/Bogi.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sturt said:

Think we all recognize that the Huerter trade had practically nothing to do with improving the team. It was always going to be a cap space saving move, whatever move followed adding Murray. We come out of that with two guys who will not be part of the rotation as the roster is currently composed...

I was reflecting on this earlier today, and I actually believe that the Huerter trade does improve our team.  Well, first I need to correct you on something objective.  We traded for Justin Holliday AND signed Aaron Holliday.  You only mentioned Aaron in your post.  

I do think Justin will be part of our rotation, but here's why I think the Huerter trade improved our team.  We were able to execute the deal to bring in Dejounte Murray because we had an extra 1st.  If you are playing the short game we will miss Huerter in the rotatation, but I'm playing the long game.  A 1st gives us something tangible to trade that ALL teams want, just like trading Cam for a 1st got us something to use in any deal with any team.  

We got Justin Holliday to replace Huerter in the rotation, perhaps a slight downgrade.  But an additional 1st allows us to make a deal at any point over the next couple years to improve the team.  So the way I look at it, our team will be better in the future because of this pick.  

My starters at this point: Trae, DJ, Hunter, Collins, Capela.  Rotation players: Bogi, Okongwu, J Holliday, and JJ.  Possible rotation players: Landale, A Holliday, Harkless, and AJ Griffin

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

What are you referencing here?

Not sure if you're being facetious, or just sincerely unaware... but to save those who are well aware of what .653 references... ya know, I'm just the most polite and courteous dude here, after all 😉 ... consider the search function.. 😄

2022-07-02_10-43-41.png

40 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

These guys were drafted a few years ago (Cam/Kevin) and they're gone for nothing. Hunter only looks like a so so player also for the most part. Schlenk's drafting hasn't been that good.

Ive been saying.................................... NVM

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

JJ starting to be the new Bruno. The guy everyone is placing into the rotation that looks like he needs another year of seasoning at College Park 

Griffin is also going to College Park 

No reason to draft him at 19 if he was going to need 2 years in the G League to be NBA ready. It's sink or swim time for JJ. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

A 1st gives us something tangible to trade that ALL teams want, just like trading Cam for a 1st got us something to use in any deal with any team.

Will grant you this much... yes, we'll have some weakness next off-season that we'll be trying to resolve, that's only natural, and yes, it should come in handy to have that Kings first. Absolutely.

But you have two years to take advantage of Murray's being on the roster. The clock is running.

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We got Justin Holliday to replace Huerter in the rotation, perhaps a slight downgrade.

Your penchant for making understatements and overstatements is exhausting sometimes. Gotta tell ya.

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll do remember, the Hawks did the most winning with Snell and Solo starting and neither of those two are close to Holiday and Harkless.

I remember similar the sky is falling posts when we signed Kyle Korver.  Guys were saying the move to bring in Korver was gonna ruin our franchise.  For our team the wing has a simple job, play defense and hit an open three.  In the case of Solo it was simply play average defense.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

Supes,  Watch this game from Jalen vs the G-League Knicks.  I know its G-League but what I want you to notice is how effortless he's making it all look. Dude looks like he just fell into 35 pts/15 boards.  Look at his dribble/finish game. I'd give a months salary for Hunter to make things look this easy.  This guy needs big club reps to figure out the defensive rotation thing. He's already better offensively than 2/3rds of our current team.  He is not going to spend large swaths of time at College park this season.

I watched a lot of College Park games in full. He wasn't even our best big (Tillman) was like Coop wasn't our best PG (Barber) was. He still lacks a clear define role, y'all doing that Bruno stuff again and setting yourself up for disappointment. He needs more seasoning. He actually has legit potential. Like serious potential but he needs more development. He was raw when we drafted him. Not even getting 26 mpg and only playing 13 games in college.

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

No reason to draft him at 19 if he was going to need 2 years in the G League to be NBA ready. It's sink or swim time for JJ. 

If nate played him.more last year along with Cooper they would improve faster..but nate won't 

21 minutes ago, sturt said:

Didn't forget him. Just don't think he's a credible rotation player at this stage of his career. He had his 3-4 years of that, but as North suggested, he's at that place where, pragmatically, you can't really expect him to do anything more than maybe not regress from his previous season.

Damn Hes 33.. Not 40.. lol

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

I remember similar the sky is falling posts when we signed Kyle Korver.  Guys were saying the move to bring in Korver was gonna ruin our franchise.  For our team the wing has a simple job, play defense and hit an open three.  In the case of Solo it was simply play average defense.  

I get the anger. Losing Kevin for these two and a protected pick is wack. 

That said, Holiday is a decent rotation player and played in big moments for Nate in Indiana and played well. 

Harkless did the same in Portland. These aren't scrubs. They just are role players. Kyle was one too. He overachieved in Atlanta. Ideally, you want all players to overachieved on your squad. 

Hopefully, these two can do just that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ABH said:

Hunter played awesome at the beginning before he got hurt

Hes always hurt it seems..

When was the last Hawk player to make All Rookie team not named Trae Young?

Not surprised at all. Miami and Phoenix will not work. A 3 team trade is more dicey, but it depends if they want Ayton which where is his market???????

Durant going to have to rethink his favorite things list.

For better or worse, Hawks and Toronto have the next best packages.

Likely Nets Preferred Partners (if and only if Durant changes his tude):

Toronto, Atlanta, Nets keep him (Kobe style)

Maybe - Depends if they let go of a #2 player

Miami, Portland, Phoenix, Dallas, LAL, Memphis, New Orleans, OKC, Cleveland, Washington, Nuggets, Jazz, Portland

No Chance:

LAC, GSW, Sac, Boston, Knicks, Magic, Rockets, SAS, Bucks, Wolves, Sixers, Charlotte, Pistons, Pacers

I have the sneaky suspicion he stays with Nets

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ABH said:

If nate played him.more last year along with Cooper they would improve faster..but nate won't 

They would have just gotten exposed. Nate ain't no Basketball whisper. I don't know too many who are. They just ain't ready yet. Both still learning how to play winning 🏀

Just now, theheroatl said:

Not surprised at all. Miami and Phoenix will not work. Durant going to have to rethink his favorite things list.

For better or worse, Hawks and Toronto have the next best packages.

Likely Nets Preferred Partners (if and only if Durant changes his tude):

Toronto, Atlanta, Nets keep him (Kobe style)

Maybe - Depends if they let go of a #2 player

Miami, Portland, Phoenix, Dallas, LAL, Memphis, New Orleans, OKC, Cleveland, Washington, Nuggets, Jazz, Portland

No Chance:

LAC, GSW, Sac, Boston, Knicks, Magic, Rockets, SAS, Bucks, Wolves, Sixers, Charlotte, Pistons, Pacers

I have the sneaky suspicion he stays with Nets

My guy said the gap between what KD wants on your squad after the trade makes a KD trade difficult. This is the same KD that left OKC as a FA because he didn't want the team he went to be depleted of their roster talent. It might be awhile before KD is traded.

• Like 3