• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, akay said:

Yup, this is mainly what I'm interested in as a number without context is simply a number.

If we assume that the "Real Hawks" record of .652 wasn't a fluke and aligns with our expectations of the team basketballwise, how were the Hawks running during this period to achieve this success?

If we remove Kevin/JC/Anyone we may potentially trade from that roster, what impact needs to be replaced to replicate the success, and how attainable is it to find these replacements?

I know Kevin and JC and the rest of our core was special, and I will truly love them for the rest of their careers, but what were/are they bringing to the table that we'll have to replace? 

If you have any insight into this @sturt, I would love to hear a bit deeper analysis of how our Hawks operated during our best stretch and what changes need to be made now to go even further with Kev(probably JC) gone.

Getting Murray means we have to get more creative with our offense, so I think the Hawks team next year is going to look very different in playstyle than previous years, which is a separate discussion, though fun to think about.

Excellent. Let's go there.

Please grant me some grace, though, as I've already let all-things-Hawks consume about 50% of my Saturday so far, which is about 40% too much.

I'll come back to this... and invite others to weigh-in, of course, ahead of me, perhaps including yourself.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Just weird to me that John's name has be front and center and involved in umteen trade scenarios only to see Huerter get traded and there was no mention of this possibility while john is still here.

The Guys that started the thread

tenor.gif

When it happened, it will happen.  Until then, let have fun talking about it 

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The Huerter trade didn’t have any leaks before.

What??? Huerter possibly being on the move was mentioned for MONTHS by our insiders here. Supes went as far to tell everyone that Bogi has negative value in trades now and we would have to attach a 1st just to trade him, so of course that means if one of them were on the move it would be Kevin. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Excellent. Let's go there.

Please grant me some grace, though, as I've already let all-things-Hawks consume about 50% of my Saturday so far, which is about 40% too much.

I'll come back to this... and invite others to weigh-in, of course, ahead of me, perhaps including yourself.

touch grass

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, RandomFan said:

What??? Huerter possibly being on the move was mentioned for MONTHS by our insiders here. Supes went as far to tell everyone that Bogi has negative value in trades now and we would have to attach a 1st just to trade him, so of course that means if one of them were on the move it would be Kevin. 

A trade for the entire team with the exception of Trae was speculated.  If someone is a true insider, this should have been know at least hours before the transaction was announced

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

It's one thing to speculate about future roster moves. I can do that easily and say it's from my source. I can even tell you there is a big trade coming in the future... I didn't say when it would happen. 😉

Also, keep in mind just because there is speculation, it's another thing to stake your professional reputation like Zach Klein did. Huge difference. I tend to believe people that have their livelihood to lose by leaking false information. There is a reason people don't believe Sam Amico anymore.

BUT ALAS, It's exciting and fun to run the rumor mill from all sources... that's why I'm here.. for lively discussion from all sources whether BS or not.

Edited by theheroatl

7 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Nah, he did say Kev had more trade value, but that we wanted to keep him in a Hawks uniform because of his team friendly contract.

There were no indications given that we WANTED to move him. Only that other teams wanted him.

That subtle difference plays in to people’s disappointment when the return doesn’t seem to match what we thought his value was based on their reports. Similar to the Cam trade. When you tell us for months that we like certain players too much to ever give them away for nothing, then they get traded for expirings, I think the confusion is understandable. 

And I don’t mind the Kev deal, just pointing out my observations.

• Thanks 1

The "logical" destinations are:

1. Toronto - FVV, Siakam, KD?
2. New Orleans - Zion, KD, McCollum - Finals Team IMO if healthy
3. Atlanta - DurJounTrae

But KD isn't logical.. neither is Rich Kleiman.. RIch Kleiman only wants to steer Durant to wherever he can "build his brand" which is obnoxious speak for I only want LA and NY these days.

Send him to China he can have the whole China market and they would eat that up.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Couldn't disagree more. I think it simplifies our offense, it's just going to be more of the same: PnR the other team to death with bigs along with support from the wings in spot up shooting and slashing. The difference is now we will have someone capable of running those actions when Trae is on the bench. So our offense shouldn't crater like it usually does with Trae off the floor. 

Not related, but I gotta drop this funny tweet in

Is the offense gonna remain the same with Murray at the 2 instead of a good shooter? 

The strengths of the roster are already different than last year with Kev/Gallo(jc prolly), and Murray/Holidays /Harkless in.

Don't think you can just assume we'll be playing the same type of ball with pretty different personnel.

It feels like we're giving up shooting for better defense and toughness 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

If someone is a true insider, this should have been know at least hours before the transaction was announced

There's qualifications to being an insider now other than knowing things they shouldn't? 

It's been told pretty often when things get serious the insiders get shut out. A few hours before a trade goes down would probably be the least likely time we'd see someone on the board say anything.

Insiders here have called pretty much every major move months in advance, unfortunate they couldn't do a few hours lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

hawks are keeping cap and jc, lets see if that DM defense rubs off on TY and JC

It doesn't make logical sense to keep OO, JC, and CC. 

JC gonna go and OO gonna slide to the 4. I don't think JC and OO mesh well. JC and OO sort of mesh well but JC's salary is the most useful for bigger trades.

I dunno maybe somebody has the on-court stats of those combinations readily available.

Edited by theheroatl