• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

An argument can be won with velocity and volume of words,

No, it really can't. It can only be won with substance.

We lost a lot of games not due to injury or Covid.

That's any season, any team.

Players called the team out.  The media.  The GM.  The owner.  This board.

Think just one layer deep. Just one.

Why?

The expectations pre-Dec 1 were that this team would be dominant.

And pre-Dec 1 we were essentially playing .500 ball.

Then came December 1. For the next six count-em weeks and 22 count-em games, every friggin night our head coach would put together a starting line-up that was a mish-mash... a gumbo Hawks line-up... starting.

How do you then end up going from .500 ball to 6-16 over those 22 games, and have the balls to say this team wasn't suffering from a depletion of talent and an NBA HQ that should have suspended many, many games but didn't?

That would be taken as "excuse making," of course.

It wouldn't have actually been "excuse making" but it would have been taken that way due to lazy logic.

It was reason.

Reason that employs scientific method... human kind's best capacity to analyze reasonably and gain solid conclusions.

Graduate school level... not high school level... reason.

I don’t know anyone who shares your view,

I haven't polled anyone. Maybe you're right. I'm aware that you and Random are dismissive. That's two.

But.

Your premise of saying that would seem to be "what is most rational is also popular, and what is popular is also most rational."

Nope. I don't have to tell you, an intelligent human being, that history is saturated with examples of that being a false premise.

“real Hawks” are gone so it’s really not worth talking about.  

We agree... except... people keep bringing up things that allude to the Real Hawks as-if they weren't actually performing at a .653 rate, which is what they commonly use to justify their want for big moves.

The line of reason is stout... the numbers are the numbers.

When you conflate Gumbo Hawks' record with Real Hawks record that's not being intellectually honest. It's just not. It's pushing a preferred conclusion when you should know better since you've (supposedly) heard the logic a dozen times. I'm skeptical that you've done anymore than read the words... because if you'd let yourself argue with yourself about it, you would have actually heard it and acknowledge now the validity of it.

I'm obviously going to proudly die on this hill.

I'm right about it. Not because it comes from me, but because it comes from stone cold logic.

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

By the way, We literally had no back up 3 the entire season

"What?  I played 3 positions last season! 

I  . . . WAS the depth.   There's no one deeper than me!

Look at my accomplishments last season:

• 40.2% FG . . . better than Lou Williams ( 39.1% FG )
  • 36.1% 3FG . . . that's league average!!
  • 85.4% FT . . . that's above average!!
  • 4.3 rebs/36 min . . . that's better than Kevin Huerter ( 4.2 ) and De'Andre Hunter ( 4.0 ) !!!!!!!!
  • 9.3 PER . . . that's deceptive!!  Don't believe that 9.3!!

I am DEPTH!!"

TLC hits the mark and breaks his career record with the Hawks! - US Sports

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

"What?  I played 3 positions last season! 

I  . . . WAS the depth.   There's no one deeper than me!

Look at my accomplishments last season:

• 40.2% FG . . . better than Lou Williams ( 39.1% FG )
  • 36.1% 3FG . . . that's league average!!
  • 85.4% FT . . . that's above average!!
  • 4.3 rebs/36 min . . . that's better than Kevin Huerter ( 4.2 ) and De'Andre Hunter ( 4.0 ) !!!!!!!!
  • 9.3 PER . . . that's deceptive!!  Don't believe that 9.3!!

I am DEPTH!!"

TLC hits the mark and breaks his career record with the Hawks! - US Sports

Do you even have a job now? Lol!

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, GameTime said:

The R'ant has spoken......

KD, you are such the diva.

We know who you are.

You proved who you are when you took the shortcut to get a ring (GSW).

You proved who you are when you thought you had another ring sewn up by your Brooklyn episode.

You're proving it even now by attempting to manipulate however you can possibly manipulate to go to PHX or another destination where you can piggyback on other talents to try to get another.

Have nothing for you. You're a great talent, sure, and I'm sure you're a nice guy... but you haven't the character to play a team game.

2 minutes ago, sturt said:

We know who you are.

You proved who you are when you thought you had another ring sewn up by your Brooklyn episode.

You're proving it even now by attempting to manipulate however you can possibly manipulate to go to PHX or another destination where you can piggyback on other talents to try to get another.

Have nothing for you. You're a great talent, sure, and I'm sure you're a nice guy... but you haven't the character to play a team game.

Nice guy? Like when he told that kid that his game sucked? 

I don't think KD is nice at all. Just my opinion.

19 minutes ago, sturt said:

We know who you are.

Kevin Durant was the best player on that Golden State team.  He is the best pure shooter I've ever seen.  Somehow Lebron James, who started this mega superstars teaming up on one team madness, is getting passes from the media. He is the one who bolted from that Cleveland team because he couldn't carry them to a championship, and stacked that Miami roster.  When he went back to the Cavaliers, they had gotten stacked thru the lottery so suddenly, they were attractive to Lebron.  He then goes and stacks the Lakers into yet another chip.  The media don't like Durant because he knows how foul the media can be so he doesn't talk to them.  This trickles down into the "fans" not liking him.

Kevin Durant Gif - IceGif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Not surprised at all. Miami and Phoenix will not work. A 3 team trade is more dicey, but it depends if they want Ayton which where is his market???????

Durant going to have to rethink his favorite things list.

For better or worse, Hawks and Toronto have the next best packages.

Likely Nets Preferred Partners (if and only if Durant changes his tude):

Toronto, Atlanta, Nets keep him (Kobe style)

Maybe - Depends if they let go of a #2 player

Miami, Portland, Phoenix, Dallas, LAL, Memphis, New Orleans, OKC, Cleveland, Washington, Nuggets, Jazz, Portland

No Chance:

LAC, GSW, Sac, Boston, Knicks, Magic, Rockets, SAS, Bucks, Wolves, Sixers, Charlotte, Pistons, Pacers

I have the sneaky suspicion he stays with Nets

Last night I heard Utah was that third team to help facilitate the KD trade to Phoenix. Utah would send Patrick Beverly and some of those picks they received from the Gobert trade to Phoenix for DeAndre Ayton. Then Phoenix would send Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Pat Beverly and at least four or five of those 1st round picks to Brooklyn for KD. Other players would be involved but I don't know the names. Brian Windhorst was talking about something to watch for after Utah surprisingly traded Royce O'Neal to Brooklyn for a 1st round pick.

13 hours ago, sturt said:

I'd never heard of it. And skepticism is just my nature. Would want to study it further to see its strengths/weaknesses.

Thanks for the link.

Not sure if you've happened to come across the handful of times I've posted this... so forgive if you've seen it already, and especially forgive if you've already ascended to the logic of it...

Explanation for Real Hawks.png

Real Hawks not necessarily healthy.png

Wow, I can't like this enough! Thanks. I am rarely on the Squawk due to job, family, and other items. I still love the Hawks and all, but miss this community. It is interesting that last season we had the most Winshare games lost to injury of any other team in the NBA. I will see if I can pull that stat for this season (can't remember where that data was available...always book mark and download the data). It would help quantify a bit, it just takes a long, long time to compile in a spreadsheet to actually quantify what the rest of the league dealt with compared to our Hawks. 

Regardless, your thinking is clear and your language concise. You are on point!!! So thanks!!!

34 minutes ago, TRW said:

Last night I heard Utah was that third team to help facilitate the KD trade to Phoenix. Utah would send Patrick Beverly and some of those picks they received from the Gobert trade to Phoenix for DeAndre Ayton. Then Phoenix would send Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Pat Beverly and at least four or five of those 1st round picks to Brooklyn for KD. Other players would be involved but I don't know the names. Brian Windhorst was talking about something to watch for after Utah surprisingly traded Royce O'Neal to Brooklyn for a 1st round pick.

Windhorst and the hoop collective are manifesting that… Is Danny Ainge the guy that sends money to Ayton?

What’s being ignored is that Brooklyn doesn’t get win now players that Sean Marks is obsessed with.

They have Steve Nash as a coach.

Indiana is the one that’s quiet they could be a third team. But what is Indiana’s plan?

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m taking bets from anyone who thinks Nate will play JJ, Coop, or Griffin more minutes than Justin Holiday

Um.

JJ???

Isn't it a given that JJ's going to be granted the chance to take Gallo's minutes? Think that's even a McM or Schlenk quote (???).