The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I know that we are in his top five because two sources told me Atlanta was in his top five. Phoenix and Miami are his first two picks, Atlanta is top five and that's three teams. I don't know who the other teams are in his top five and frankly since Atlanta isn't the top pick I don't think it really matters to us as Hawks fans.

You aren't paying attention to this thread since I believe all three of us have said the Hawks are still interested in Ben. Trae is driving that bus.

So if Durant came are there gonna be lot's more bus memes?

• Premium Member
Just now, theheroatl said:

So if Durant came are there gonna be lot's more bus memes?

Maybe? I don't know what bus memes you are talking about. If Durant came here we'd be giving up a ton to get him. So much so that I think it is cost prohibitive. But there is something to say about adding a top 5 NBA player to Trae and Murray and just filling in the roster with veteran minimum guys ring chasing. It isn't what I would do but if Ressler can get KD then he would do it.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m up for a 1 month avatar bet.  Whichever player plays more minutes in the games where they are both on the roster and not sidelined with injury wins the bet.  JJ vs Justin Holiday.  And I’ll be hoping to lose!

I think so, but let's come back to this at that point we feel the roster is more settled... I'm still a little nervous, me, that there's another shoe that will drop as a consequence somehow of the KD and Kyrie Chronicles.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Maybe? I don't know what bus memes you are talking about. If Durant came here we'd be giving up a ton to get him. So much so that I think it is cost prohibitive. But there is something to say about adding a top 5 NBA player to Trae and Murray and just filling in the roster with veteran minimum guys ring chasing. It isn't what I would do but if Ressler can get KD then he would do it.

Yeah I'm all on board KD instead of HOPING our guys pan out to all star level... note to all you Hunter and OO fans.

28 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You don't see how naming teams would pretty much be a dead give away on players being traded? Or that would violate the fact I was told do not repeat? I wish I could tell you. 

Actually, I take that back. One of them is common knowledge at this point. One of the potential places is Brooklyn for either KD or Ben. We are in KD's top five but not higher than that. Trae wants to get Ben but the Nets know his value is at an all time low and want to keep him. We're probably closer to making a Ben trade but based on what I'm hearing from my two sources I still don't think a trade will happen with the Nets.

The last part is my speculation to be fair.

Much appreciated info Soth. Regarding Simmons, in order for Brooklyn to get a decent package for Durant, Simmons has to go. That in tune gives us some leverage here. Bobby broke it down well here:

A 3rd or 4th team is going to be needed here and maybe we can step in and get Trae's guy (or Ayton).

Edited by GameTime
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Yeah I'm all on board KD instead of HOPING our guys pan out to all star level... note to all you Hunter and OO fans.

I wouldn't mind having KD. I am not a fan of Hunter. He is not as young as people think he is and we are still waiting for one solid start to finish season from him. And now he's up for an extension and Travis is in love with the kid.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Also this is when the stagger will be most important between Trae and Murray.  Murray will probably lead the bench scoring.

Yea, for sure. I think the stagger should be in the second quarter, remember last year when our second unit was going on its hot streak during the stretch run of the season we would just bulldoze opponents that quarter. Would be nice to do something like that every game from the jump. A lineup of Murray, Bogi, Holiday, JJ, OO has fantastic 2 way potential. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Ok, you ask for information, I give you information and you call it BS. Please ignore my posts going forwards.

It's beyond my understanding how people still willfully engage that poster as anything other than bad-faith. Especially after the years of evidence in support of that conclusion. 

The ignore function doesn't work if people keep quoting him. Help me out here folks! 

😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That's how I feel about the fake chiropractor or doctor or surgeon or whatever else that "Tanking is evil and I'll ruin every thread for years non stop" poster that I won't even name. He is forever on my ignore list and will never come off it.

Well he actually is a doctor, so that comment seems like a low blow just because you don't like his takes. 

On a side note I do appreciate the information you share.   Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

💯

I second that post. 

I may view player evaluations completely differently from Supes and will bust on him for his opinions there, but I have zero doubt that he has a legitimate source and appreciate the info provided. 

Same, I definitely don’t agree with his player assessments most of the time lol but I can at least understand where he’s coming from and appreciate the perspective

• Like 2