• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, sturt said:

Moving Landale is necessary because... ???

a) Hawks are making a move, and want the roster slot

b) Suns are making a move, and need the asset to ship elsewhere

c) Both are making their own separate moves

d) Naw. Suns just like Jock.

I'll take B, Regis. Final answer.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Phoenix cannot take back this much salary.  They can only take back ~$18 million for Ayton (BYC rules) and Crowder $10 mill for $28 million. JC and CC combined makes $41.7

Sign and trade with Ayton getting $34 plus $10 equals $44 and it works I believe 

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Phoenix cannot take back this much salary.  They can only take back ~$18 million for Ayton (BYC rules) and Crowder $10 mill for $28 million. JC and CC combined makes $41.7

I understand what you are saying. My scenario is not a complete one but that frame work is possible. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, timebomb said:

Sign and trade with Ayton getting $34 plus $10 equals $44 and it works I believe 

No.  Ayton is a BYC player - the Suns can only take back 50% of his new salary plus 125% plus 1000K, on the flip side the Hawks have to take back his full salary. 

So if he's making $30 million - that full $30 million counts for Hawks and only $18 million for the Suns.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No.  Ayton is a BYC player - the Suns can only take back 50% of his new salary plus 125% plus 1000K, on the flip side the Hawks have to take back his full salary. 

So if he's making $30 million - that full $30 million counts for Hawks and only $18 million for the Suns.

So at $34 for Ayton we could trade CC at $17 straight up? 

But then we’d be way over the tax

Edited by timebomb

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, timebomb said:

So at $34 for Ayton we could trade CC at $17 straight up? 

But then we’d be way over the tax

We'd need to send out salary to take in the $34 million 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's also the money you get as a franchise as a non tax payer. You GET money from the NBA in the CBA for a non tax payer. You DO NOT get money from the NBA if you are a tax player.

Yes, all the money from the tax paying teams goes to the NBA then 50% of it is distributed to all of the non taxpaying teams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Moving Landale is necessary because... ???

a) Hawks are making a move, and want the roster slot

b) Suns are making a move, and need the asset to ship elsewhere

c) Both are making their own separate moves

d) Naw. Suns just like Jock.

A. Luxury tax reasons. We are over 280k over the LT with even a minimum rookie signing. With this trade, what Jock would get is 1.5 while two rookie minimums get 1.9 combined. With Jock and a rookie minimum, 1.5 + 953k is 2.5 million. Meaning with two players puts you over by 280k. Now with two rookie minimums, we are under the LT by 320k. Atlanta could after March can sign Coop and still stay under the LT.

B. They only have one center on contract till this move. Likely Landale stays 

C. Trying

D. Probably that too.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, LucastheThird said:

I would go after Melo or Blake for the backup PF role 

I don't love any of these guys available, but gotta say Blake made me think. His defense has been solid in this end of the bench guy stage of his career. Also he seems to be a cool guy in the locker room, has had so much experience, might be worth it as our honorary Solomon Hill type signing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

A. Luxury tax reasons. We are over 280k over the LT with even a minimum rookie signing. With this trade, what Jock would get is 1.5 while two rookie minimums get 1.9 combined. With Jock and a rookie minimum, 1.5 + 953k is 2.5 million. Meaning with two players puts you over by 280k. Now with two rookie minimums, we are under the LT by 320k. Atlanta could after March can sign Coop and still stay under the LT.

Yes, but think we all can agree that this is especially overblown at this earliest point of the new season. As long as you're close, you probably can finagle things at the trade deadline to dip under whatever number it is that you want to dip under.

I'll be surprised, honestly, if we're not a tax team at least at the lowest threshold since Ressler essentially walked back what he said last off-season. I believe there's going to be one more significant if not major addition to this team yet. There's a significant absence of viable low post options--two openings conventionally speaking with Landale going out. 

My biggest concern right now is that Trae may get what he wants again and the hawks trade for Simmons. 

If Simmons is healthy then this may not be as big of concern but still a concern for me. I’m not worried about his mental state as much as I’m worried about the fit and spacing.  Can’t play Simmons with Collins or Capela for various reasons I shouldn’t have to mention why.

At this point Collins shouldn’t be on the trade block in my opinion. I understood it in the beginning because the team was trying to improve but With Murray’s arrival and the fact that we kept JC which I didn’t think was possible before I knew the spurs were tanking on purpose….I say we just keep what we have.

ON THE FLIP SIDE….

we are living in an era where it’s a copy cat league and the NBA Champions Golden State Warriors just won a title with 2 non big man shooters getting majority minutes in Draymond and Looney. 
while I’m not comparing or suggesting anything I do believe schlenk tries to follow the warriors blueprint to a championship as much as possible regardless of what anyone says or think.

Defensively Simmons and Capela would be absolutely great! Offensively it would be terrible spacing. Collins gives you good offense and defense he’s honestly the perfect fit at the 4 with the addition of Murray.

• Like 1