• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Why would the players agree to a CBA that clearly discourages teams from spending a lot of money?

They preferred a soft salary cap to a hard one which was the owner’s preference.

The more I think about the possibility of Simmons, the more I think he would be an ideal Center for us. At 6-11 245, he could defend 1-5, be huge in transition, taking bigs off dribble, and has a rare ability to facilitate. Trae makes Capella look good, but he and Murray would make Ben look great.  Murray and Simmons ability to create turnovers in the front and the back will ramp up our transition offense to an obscene level. With Trae and Murray giving Simmons the same looks that CC gets, he would easily put up numbers like 18pts 11reb & 7ast 60%fg. We could use some of the mle to get a value guy like Eric Pascall to pair with JJ.

Edited by Bigjmw
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RandomFan said:

I'm one of the biggest Simmons fans here and hope we trade for him, but he isn't a center. He can play small ball center, but he doesn't have the wingspan, length, and strength to be a regular rim protecting 5 full time. And he can't really technically be what is considered a small ball 5 either since he has no outside shot to draw the opposing center to the 3 pt line. 

But he can defend 1-4 exceptionally well; perhaps better than anyone else in the NBA. His best position is as a point-forward.  

I do think he could play center in the same way Draymond does. In fact I think of just accepted that type of role he’d be the ideal player for us to get so I’m hoping we are able to get him cheap if he needs to dumped to facilitate a KD trade. 

I hate the fit with him and Capela starting, but if we could get a guy like Myles Turner instead that’d be ideal. Even if we couldn’t I want Ben. Just thinking about every possession being run through either Trae, Murray, or Simmons has me salivating. And I think your closing lineup could be Trae, Murray, Bogi, Hunter, Simmons. That’s some killer Warriors dynasty stuff right there 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBAchamps2016 said:

And I think your closing lineup could be Trae, Murray, Bogi, Hunter, Simmons. That’s some killer Warriors dynasty stuff right there 

Simmons makes $37 million, who else are you sending out with Collins ($25.6) to make up the difference $11 million difference? We can't include J. Holiday or Harkless since they can't be aggregated. 

• Like 2

Trade Capela and Bogi for Simmons. Start games with Simmons at the 5, but he will play minutes at the 3 and the 4.

Keep Collins and increase his 3 point volume of shots. Prepare Trae to have 30% of his 3 point shots come via Catch and Shoot. Insert a LP style motion offense that will take advantage of new playmaking and athleticism that is now in the lineup.

Tell AJ and JJ to get ready to compete for roster minutes.

Okongwu sees his minutes increase dramatically to close to 28 min/game. He may also be the one closing games at the 5.

Starters:

Trae - Murray - Hunter - Collins - Simmons 

Reserves:

A. Holiday - AJ - J. Holiday - JJ - Okongwu

If Simmons at the 5 works, we become an elite defensive team and win 60 games.

If it doesn't work, you elevate Okongwu to the starting 5 spot, and convince either Collins or Simmons to be the 6th man that still plays 30 min/game ( preferably Simmons in this situation) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, NBAchamps2016 said:

Ben Simmons just deleted his Instagram and last night there was a report that the Nets could move him so facilitate a 3 way trade sending Donovan Mitchell to Brooklyn. Something is up

Yeah that crazy trade with Brooklyn/Phoenix/Utah - Yeah that is not going to happened at all.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trade Capela and Bogi for Simmons

Whoa.

Medusa is all you're getting back?!?

Yikes.

I do have to say I don't mind the idea so much of Simmons playing the 5, which is a big deal as much as I've been anti-Medusa all this time.

And also, in the last 24 hours, I've convinced myself that the seeming flirtation with Medusa and with Dr. JR in NYK probably points to a strong interest to get a better ball distributor at PF... or, alternatively, at C. So I'd even say it's plausible.

But that's just too much of a talent wipe off our rotation. There'd have to be more coming back to us.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

convince either Collins or Simmons to be the 6th man that still plays 30 min/game ( preferably Simmons in this situation

Sounds great and ideal in theory. I'm just not convinced that Simmons will embrace being a full time Center and all that it entails - doing the dirty work and playing inside the paint, banging with the true centers, etc. He'd have to have a totally different mindset in his approach. Can he maybe, will he - I'm skeptical.

Convince and Simmons being in the same sentence??? Don't know about that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sounds great and ideal in theory. I'm just not convinced that Simmons will embrace being a full time Center and all that it entails - doing the dirty work and playing inside the paint, banging with the true centers, etc. He'd have to have a totally different mindset in his approach. Can he maybe, will he - I'm skeptical.

Convince and Simmons being in the same sentence??? Don't know about that.

We'd be out rebounded by 20 every game and teams would build a high rise in our paint.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe he can but it is up to him on that point, but I know that Trae is pushing super hard for him.  Beside if KD wants to move to the Suns, Simmons has to go first (fyi. Ayton has not sign any QO or anything like that).

Edited by NekiEcko

Makes no sense to change a guy to a position he has never played just because there is no other way he fits with the team and even un that position he does not fit. We make trades to be better not to play players out of position.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trade Capela and Bogi for Simmons. Start games with Simmons at the 5, but he will play minutes at the 3 and the 4.

Keep Collins and increase his 3 point volume of shots. Prepare Trae to have 30% of his 3 point shots come via Catch and Shoot. Insert a LP style motion offense that will take advantage of new playmaking and athleticism that is now in the lineup.

Tell AJ and JJ to get ready to compete for roster minutes.

Okongwu sees his minutes increase dramatically to close to 28 min/game. He may also be the one closing games at the 5.

Starters:

Trae - Murray - Hunter - Collins - Simmons 

Reserves:

A. Holiday - AJ - J. Holiday - JJ - Okongwu

If Simmons at the 5 works, we become an elite defensive team and win 60 games.

If it doesn't work, you elevate Okongwu to the starting 5 spot, and convince either Collins or Simmons to be the 6th man that still plays 30 min/game ( preferably Simmons in this situation) 

With Kevin gone, youre gonna need Bogi's shooting though. Gallo is gone too, keep that in mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1