• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Mega Super Rumor Thread (Part 2)

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I took the opposite from this.  Seems like they aren't trying to trade John for peanuts and are fine keeping him unless it's for that big fish upgrade.

I agree they've probably determined a general idea of the price they're willing to accept, and they're sticking with that. Are they fine with keeping him? Maybe. I think they're intrigued, and perhaps even optimistic that, eventually, someone's going to meet their standard... and as long as there's some big names on the trading block, that's going to fuel that intrigue/optimism.

Would they lower their standard to avoid having John come to training camp?

That's the question I'm slow to guess at. Depends on what the phone conversations have been like between the two parties these last several days... could go either way.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It makes a difference in trades and what exceptions you have available if you want to sign a FA.

Example: If you are under the Luxury we would have the MLE of $10.2 million to use on one or split between two players.  If we are over the tax we have the TMLE of $6.3 million to use.

The biggest difference is the repeater tax issue.  If you are in the Tax for consecutive seasons, it makes a big difference in the teams tax bill in future years.

Yes, great post

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why is it important for these guys not to be even less than a $1 mil over the cap?

CBA reasons, as burd illustrates. 

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Oh that is cold man

Cooolllllll' blooded indeed. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Moving Landale is necessary because... ???

a) Hawks are making a move, and want the roster slot

b) Suns are making a move, and need the asset to ship elsewhere

c) Both are making their own separate moves

d) Naw. Suns just like Jock.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Moving Landale is necessary because... ???

a) Hawks are making a move, and want the roster slot

b) Suns are making a move, and need the asset to ship elsewhere

c) Both are making their own separate moves

d) Naw. Suns just like Jock.

It also verifies they are on the phone with each other and have a good relationship. Perhaps a prelude to Ayton or we can help them facilitate a KD deal and come away with an asset out of it. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, MarylandHawk said:

It also verifies they are on the phone with each other and have a good relationship. Perhaps a prelude to Ayton or we can help them facilitate a KD deal and come away with an asset out of it. 

Dunno... think the one thing we probably can conclude is that if there was a bigger deal b/t the two, this wouldn't be announced as its own standalone deal but rather it would just be incorporated into the that same hypothetical bigger deal announcement.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, sturt said:

Dunno... think the one thing we probably can conclude is that if there was a bigger deal b/t the two, this wouldn't be announced as its own standalone deal but rather it would just be incorporated into the that same hypothetical bigger deal announcement.

They must be under cap in order to make certain moves. I think that is why it is separate. 

2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

I can see a three team scenario where John, Clint and picks go out, Ayton and Simmons come back, KD goes to Phoenix along with Clint and Donovan Mitchel and John Collins ends up in Brooklyn with picks. 

Sending out JC and Capela isn't enough outgoing salary to take back Simmons and Ayton. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I can see a three team scenario where John, Clint and picks go out, Ayton and Simmons come back, KD goes to Phoenix along with Clint and Donovan Mitchel and John Collins ends up in Brooklyn with picks. 

JC - $23.5 and CC - $18.2

Simmons - $33 and Ayton ~$25

Hawks can't take back this much salary

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, MarylandHawk said:

They must be under cap in order to make certain moves. I think that is why it is separate. 

The move itself--the paperwork and such--yes. But we're no stranger to trades made in which, it turned out the announcement was 2 players for 4 players, and later when the technical elements of the deal came to light, it became known that the one trade was actually two, a one-for-one, plus a one-for-three.

Getting Ayton and Simmons back would be way to much money coming in. I did see one suggested trade with the Suns that would probably work financially.

JC and CC for Jae Crowder and Ayton.
Basically swapping front courts but as long as Durant is still out there this trade probably won’t happen b/c PHX would probably have to give us a pick also. Idk I might do that trade if it was available.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JC - $23.5 and CC - $18.2

Simmons - $33 and Ayton ~$25

Hawks can't take back this much salary

Ayton is only making 16 mil this year. That’s why Kevin was moved for next year. They also have other pieces they can put in to match. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, sturt said:

The move itself--the paperwork and such--yes. But we're no stranger to trades made in which, it turned out the announcement was 2 players for 4 players, and later when the technical elements of the deal came to light, it became known that the one trade was actually two, a one-for-one, plus a one-for-three.

True. It could be announced later as a part of a bigger package.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, timebomb said:

Getting Ayton and Simmons back would be way to much money coming in. I did see one suggested trade with the Suns that would probably work financially.

JC and CC for Jae Crowder and Ayton.
Basically swapping front courts but as long as Durant is still out there this trade probably won’t happen b/c PHX would probably have to give us a pick also. Idk I might do that trade if it was available.

Phoenix cannot take back this much salary.  They can only take back ~$18 million for Ayton (BYC rules) and Crowder $10 mill for $28 million. JC and CC combined makes $41.7

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

Ayton is only making 16 mil this year. That’s why Kevin was moved for next year. They also have other pieces they can put in to match. 

That is his Qualifying Offer which just makes him a RFA for the Suns.  He is seeking a new max contract starting at $30 million, that's what you need to use in your calculations.

• Like 1