Chris Jent Departure

Mikey

Departure of Chris Jent is very notable. The hawks primary shooting coach and offensive assistant. You guys that are big fans of nate (for whatever reasons that is even though he stinks) are going to really see who he is next season barring an amazing offensive assistant hire. Such a loss to this team.

Still have trae though and roster might be upgraded so I expect them to be a top 10 offense still but losing potentially the only good coach on the bench is troublesome to an already middle of the pack team

• Sad 1

MarylandHawk, lets get the whole gang back together, why not bring back Lloyd Pierce too. That would surely add to the craziness.

• Haha 1

Guys, do you all believe the Bradley Beal to L.A. Lakers rumors. I've been hearing these rumors all day. No, I'm not an insider. 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Departure of Chris Jent is very notable. The hawks primary shooting coach and offensive assistant. You guys that are big fans of nate (for whatever reasons that is even though he stinks) are going to really see who he is next season barring an amazing offensive assistant hire. Such a loss to this team.

Still have trae though and roster might be upgraded so I expect them to be a top 10 offense still but losing potentially the only good coach on the bench is troublesome to an already middle of the pack team

How many Sons does Nate have?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, TRW said:

Guys, do you all believe the Bradley Beal to L.A. Lakers rumors. I've been hearing these rumors all day. No, I'm not an insider. 

Absolutely not.

Nobody is going to deal with the Lakers. 

37 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

This probably means he's promoting Joe Prunty to his top assistant coach in the interim, smh. 

Nooo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

55 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Yeah this stings.  Dre and Trae had marked improvement to their shots too, not sure if Trae kills it from mid range like he did without him.  If we drop off significantly from our 2nd ranked team 3 point % of .374 it won’t be hard to figure out why.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Yeah this stings.  Dre and Trae had marked improvement to their shots too, not sure if Trae kills it from mid range like he did without him.  If we drop off significantly from our 2nd ranked team 3 point % of .374 it won’t be hard to figure out why.

Mark Price on Twitter: "Visiting my daughter at UNC...had to stop by the  Dean Dome and drop some buckets! http://t.co/yRfpDfRTlj" / Twitter

• Premium Member

Good coaches get poached, especially if we have no upward mobility for them.  I hope we can make a solid outside hire to be a strong voice that isn’t a Nate crony.  I suspect Nate hiring his son rubs guys the wrong way and creates an awkward vibe on the staff

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Good coaches get poached, especially if we have no upward mobility for them.  I hope we can make a solid outside hire to be a strong voice that isn’t a Nate crony.  I suspect Nate hiring his son rubs guys the wrong way and creates an awkward vibe on the staff

I first had an issue with the nepotism but then I looked at his resume'.  I saw where he has worked under Monty Williams & Alvin Gentry.  Those are two great basketball coaches. If we do get Ayton, I would not be surprised at all if knowing coach Jamelle won't be a factor. 

Assistant Coach
New Orleans Pelicans · Full-time Jul 2019 - Jul 2021 · 2 yrs 1 mo New Orleans, LA

• Provide on court individual instruction for players. Construct scouting reports for opposing teams and players. Assist head coach with information for in-game scout plans. Give individual film instruction to players based on system of the head coach.
  • Phoenix Suns logo
    Assistant Coach
    Phoenix Suns · Full-time Jun 2018 - Apr 2019 · 11 mosPhoenix, Arizona Area

• Jamelle McMillan is an assistant coach for the Phoenix Suns. He is in his 7th season working with players individually on fundamentals and scouting both players plus teams as it relates to schemes involving the system of the head coach. Previously he served as Player Development Coach and Assistant Coach of the New Orleans Pelicans. He was also Director of Basketball Operations at Drake University after graduating from Arizona State University having studied business, communications, and film/media studies.
  • New Orleans Pelicans logo
    Player Development Coach/Assistant Coach
    New Orleans Pelicans · Full-time2012 - May 2018 · 6 yrs 5 mos New Orleans, LA

• Serves as personal assistant to Head Coach. Provides information to in-game scout plan. Provides on court individual workouts for players,including pre-practice, post-practice, and pre-game in player development program. Serves as head of Regional Advanced Scouting System. Assists in constructing scouting video edits.