• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Did he look tired to you Nate???? SMH. 

It's called momentum and a hot hand Nate.  He just has NO effing feel for time and circumstances in end of game situations.

I'm slightly upset about this. I don't mind him taking him out, but maybe put him back in with 3 minutes or so to go for Bogi.

Rotations are funky.  Sometimes if a coach leaves a player in too long. we have a gripe and sometimes. when they take them out early. we have a gripe. 

Not putting AJ back in was turrible though.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm slightly upset about this. I don't mind him taking him out, but maybe put him back in with 3 minutes or so to go for Bogi.

Rotations are funky.  Sometimes if a coach leaves a player in too long. we have a gripe and sometimes. when they take them out early. we have a gripe. 

Not putting AJ back in was turrible though.

This is why I say - Nate coaches with ZERO FEEL and INTUITION and FLEXIBILITY - he's too reluctant to mix things up.

Time and circumstances matter at the end of these games.

• Like 1

Best draft pick since Trae?  AJ Griffin.  Player with the greatest potential on the Hawks roster?  AJ Griffin.  Hawks had Jalen Johnson fall in the draft, landed in their lap.  The next summer, AJ Griffin falls in the draft, right into the Hawks lap.

Both players are playing well right now.  Wish we could add Mark Williams to the list as great, young Hawks.  He's #3 in the Hornet's debth chart.  Not saying that Nate would play him but you never know with Nate.  

🧑‍🔧

PS:  Hit your foul shots!

• Like 2

Just checked on the box score from last night.  Price just went up for MW.

21 minutes - 7/7 & 3/5 free throws - 13 rebounds - 2 assists - 2 steals - 2 blocks

Hornets did have him in G League.  Guess his time there is over.

:smug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Just checked on the box score from last night.  Price just went up for MW.

21 minutes - 7/7 & 3/5 free throws - 13 rebounds - 2 assists - 2 steals - 2 blocks

Hornets did have him in G League.  Guess his time there is over.

:smug:

Whoa 😳. Has he been puttin those numbers up a lot Gramps, I didn’t even know he was getting time on the floor I thought he was in their minors.

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Whoa 😳. Has he been puttin those numbers up a lot Gramps, I didn’t even know he was getting time on the floor I thought he was in their minors.

Yes, he's been in the G League.  With their #2 center injured, he has been called up.

🥰

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Yes, he's been in the G League.  With their #2 center injured, he has been called up.

🥰

Would you be a scout for the Hawks gramps, if they asked nicely?

Haliburton… Mark Williams..

Recognizing talent. Gramps I was wrong, you’re not just a pretty face, there’s so much more! :applause:

• Haha 1

I didn't get to watch the last game but I did see the box score.  AJ Griffin had very few minutes in the game.  Why?  Was he injured?

🧑‍🔧

Edited by Gray Mule

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Oh I know. I love Bogi when he's hot I can tolerate his defense. When he's not hot, he needs to be on the bench.

Yeah the truth is that his defense is bad but it's really not the 'worst ever' like has been touted.  Jamal Crawford was terrible.  Lou Williams was bad.   At this point in his career i think Bogi has to be used as an instant offense spark and not a heavy minutes guy.