• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

• Premium Member

Yo @AHF

AJ about to surpass JHol in total minutes played. Not even at the quarter pole as yet.

Totals

Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 AJ Griffin 2023 2023 14 1 237 49 96 .510 18 46 .391 31 50 .620 .604 5 5 1.000 13 16 29 11 12 1 10 15 121
2 Justin Holiday 2023 2023 16 0 281 33 89 .371 20 63 .317 13 26 .500 .483 0 0   1 15 16 16 4 5 9 28 86

• Like 2

I would not be terribly sad if I heard that Justin H. had been traded for a couple of future 2nd round draft picks.  The better AJ plays, thr less useful he becomes.

Maybe he suprises us and explodes tonight!  I hope he does!

🧑‍🔧

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I may in the minority, but I think AJ has far exceeded what that thought they had in him.  Bogi back, he should be on the floor with AJ at the 3? Is that the thinking?

I thought he was a 3pt shooter mostly.

When Bogi returns some combination of Bogi, AJ, JJ and OO will make up our "The9 is The 9"

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, deester11 said:

I may in the minority, but I think AJ has far exceeded what that thought they had in him.  Bogi back, he should be on the floor with AJ at the 3? Is that the thinking?

Yeah, that should be the plan and if you pair those two with Jalen, DJM, OO and a little A. Holi the second unit should be one of the better second units in the nba.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Yeah, that should be the plan and if you pair those two with Jalen, DJM, OO and a little A. Holi the second unit should be one of the better second units in the nba.

A Holi has some real Pit Bull moments for us on defense. I think he will definitely have a spot as the 10th man, situational defender going forward. 

2nd unit of:

AHol

Bogi

AJ

JJ

OO

Bogi and OO will have their minutes locked. The other 3 will have to adjust as needed game to game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, marco102 said:

Doesn't he have a 6'11" or 7'0" wingspan? I think that's why he gets so many steals already. 

Thanks for the correction @marco102  https://www.basketballnews.com/nba-draft/2022-big-board/players/aj-griffin

It is indeed 7 foot, it’s the first thing they mentioned lol.  Middleton’s is 6’11”.  I couldn’t tell on television nor recall hearing this at the draft, this kid just keeps impressing.  It should also translate into a respectable Fg% against as he gets more experience with challenging shots.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I'm sorry u have to play for such a clown coach and selfish, ball hogging teammates AJ

You got next tho

I never thought I'd be in the "stop shooting so early in shot clock" crowd, but AJ is so active and moves without the ball.  Seeing guys chuck up spots when he can actually hit them....well, it stinks.  I know AJ has impressed and I'm not using recency bias..but he needs the opps. In time...I know.

18 hours ago, Bonkers said:

I'm sorry u have to play for such a clown coach and selfish, ball hogging teammates AJ

You got next tho

Exactly.

AJ goes 3-3 from 3 in the first half, and NO ONE could get him a shot after that?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 11/25/2022 at 12:38 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Yo @AHF

AJ about to surpass JHol in total minutes played. Not even at the quarter pole as yet.

Totals

Rk Player From To G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1 AJ Griffin 2023 2023 14 1 237 49 96 .510 18 46 .391 31 50 .620 .604 5 5 1.000 13 16 29 11 12 1 10 15 121
2 Justin Holiday 2023 2023 16 0 281 33 89 .371 20 63 .317 13 26 .500 .483 0 0   1 15 16 16 4 5 9 28 86

Love seeing it. Credit to @sturt for highlighting and predicting JHol’s path of decline.  I did not expect him to drop off this hard from his last few years.  That combined with health issues and the Huerter trade really opened the door for AJ and Griffin had absolutely kicked it off it’s hinges.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

predicting

Appreciate the sentiment. But that's not the correct verb, of course. I don't predict things. It might be nuanced to some, but I only suggested the front office was hoping to buck a downward trend if they really felt good about including JDay in the rotation. That was an observation, and yeah, I was hoping for AJ to be good enough to remedy the concern. Happy to see that's been the case.

21 hours ago, Bonkers said:

You got next tho

Literally the only thing stopping from having one of those splash bros shooting nights where Thompson goes 10-14. Curry knows to feed the hot hand. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm still for putting our best players out there and when Capela is out i think it's Trae/DJ/AJ/Hunter/JC.   I know there are defensive concerns with this lineup but i think they can handle it and offensively i think they'll click.  It'll open up some of the old JC opportunities, give Hunter a mismatch on offense most likely and give us shooting and playmaking 1-3.  

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

AJ Griffin has gone cold.  Don't know why but his shots just don't fall as they did.  🚶‍♂️

He's playing a lot more minutes. The flashes have been really good though. Gives me confidence he can develop into our SG of the future. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

AJ Griffin has gone cold.  Don't know why but his shots just don't fall as they did.  🚶‍♂️

I think you have to take into account that when they get him the ball, he's in "rush" position.  Final few minutes of the clock, bad half court offense or ISO.  I'm more encouraged by his involvement and activity then his shot.  That will fall.  

• Like 2