• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

• Moderators
16 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why are his minutes trending down? I don't like it.

November: 20.7min/9.9pts

December: 27.0min/12.8pts

January: 15.7min/4.0Pts

Only Nate can answer this.  I'd guess that between Bogi returning and AJ having a recent rough stretch that Nate has dropped him in the "Great Nate Rotation."  I'm glad he is at least still seeing meaningful minutes but I do think it needs to be more of a priority to feed him when hot.  The fact that JJ and AJ shot 8-9 but there was no effort to look for them last game (they just got what they got and hit everything) is not a good sign of a coach who can adjust to gameflow.  Combine that with continuing to feed an ice cold Bogi and that is "just Nate."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

AJ 15th in the league at shooting % in the 3-10 foot range.  The players that take a lot of shots from there are obviously all Cs and Zion.F0A70A1F-4868-49A9-8D4A-8CAA7B1C57E7.thumb.jpeg.42cd92bad0e4b634c760cf6035389031.jpeg

OO shooting 6th best from 10-16 on itty bitty frequency:

D3136BD6-B537-4FA3-98E4-D622771001B2.thumb.jpeg.57b8e782280e62231a6286352114238b.jpeg

Surprisingly John 6th in shooting 3 feet in:

2A2CC6B3-2C79-4A69-9AE9-5732B764782B.thumb.jpeg.772a65daf11c464c1652cb0d5f7febd9.jpeg

Great spot for Austin Reeves as a guard.  Supposedly his nickname is “Hillbilly Kobe” lol.

Edited by benhillboy

Just my opinion, which doesn't matter much to anyone but me - - AJ Griffin is one of the best players ever drafted by the Atlanta Hawks.  He's right up there, high on my list, with Trae Young.

Atlanta has drafted some great players over the years and some of our present players we drafted are very good.  They must all fall in line behind Trae % AJ!

:smug:

• Like 2

AJ’s offensive and defensive rating has dropped to match Aaron’s at 111 to 115.  I wouldn’t wring my hands too tough at how Nate splits the minutes between them and Bogi based on how the game’s going.  Neither’s minutes  should be bulletproof.

AJ is leading the team’s guards and wings in adjusted shooting right now (14.4 FGs added) but I’m sure Bogi (-0.4 FGs added) will at the end of the season.  I don’t trip off his bad shooting streaks his track record is proven.  Aaron pays defensive dividends at the point of attack frankly better than DJ.  They all bring something to the table.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

Schlenk’s swan song was a jam.  If you told me a rook would be getting 21 minutes under Nate and shooting 48% with more assists than turnovers I would’ve said f&@k no you’re insane.  

Junior is here, Hawks gotta shut down all the teams that will try to poach him the next couple seasons.

He’s already so advanced with spin moves and scoop shots off his wide-legged drives.  He reminds me of Mark Jackson sometimes lol.

I don’t even care if his defense improves next season.  He’s got time for that.  If his offensive game is built properly, it’ll improve rapidly.  Next in his progression he needs to be able to bring the ball up a bit and increase his stamina off the ball to incorporate a little middy curl jumper.  As he gets stronger he’s naturally gonna improve his FT rate unlike Kevin.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

What's his ceiling?  The floor looks pretty rad.  

I believe AJ has Star potential.  Definitely could be a Robin.  Maybe even a 1A by the time he hits his prime.  He is too polished to not do well.  And seems like a great young man.  And last night they were raving about him when talking to Landry on the broadcast.

• Like 1

Name me any NBA player, ever, when he was 19 years old and clost to the same size as AJ Griffin and tell me that he was so much better and I'll not believe you.

AJ is special.  I'm so happy that he's a Hawk.  Hopefully, for many years he will be here and be a part of that great championship team from Atlanta.

:peanut-butter-jelly-time:

• Like 1