• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

This is also why I wanted him. I know being No.1 in high school doesn't mean much, but the talent is sky high with him.

He got cooked by Mitchell and Garland tonight, but considering he is a rookie, that's to be expected. His off ball defense was better tonight, but Cleveland def attacked him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, marco102 said:

He is the most efficient rookie in his class and probably the most efficient rookie I have ever seen. He is doing this with spot duty on a veteran team that initially didn’t have him in the rotation. We are winning as well. I will admit, after the draft, I wasn’t expecting much from him. The last two Duke prospects we drafted were still question marks at the time. 

• Like 3

Griffin continues to impress, he is the 4th best player on RAPTOR and WAR on Hawks team. The only one with Murray that is positive on offense and defense. He can play both SG and SF and he has demonstrated he deserves a place on the rotation. Justin Holiday is still the worst Hawks player. 

Another positive note is Jalen Johnson, struggling a little on offense, defensive stats just love him, he is 5th best player on the team, ahead of Aaron Holiday, Hunter, Okongwu and Collins… Nobody is talking about him but our best lineup on advanced stats is Young/Murray/Griffin/JJ/Capela that by the way have not play any single minute.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bro what is going on with Collins my lord. He's always been a plus offensive raptor 

His career trend of increasing three point rate without the efficiency to justify it ain’t optimal.  As a steroid-filled rookie his average FG distance was 6 feet.  Each season it has progressed (or devolved) to 11.  FT rate and dunks have officially fallen off a cliff.  

Steph made this league so dumb with all the efforts to duplicate what he does.  I feel it’s pretty much a waste if your league-adjusted 3 point shooting and rate aren’t both above average.  AJ and Vit the only Hawks I can say that about.  Bogi has been there his whole career.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, gurpilo said:

Griffin continues to impress, he is the 4th best player on RAPTOR and WAR on Hawks team. The only one with Murray that is positive on offense and defense. He can play both SG and SF and he has demonstrated he deserves a place on the rotation. Justin Holiday is still the worst Hawks player. 

Another positive note is Jalen Johnson, struggling a little on offense, defensive stats just love him, he is 5th best player on the team, ahead of Aaron Holiday, Hunter, Okongwu and Collins… Nobody is talking about him but our best lineup on advanced stats is Young/Murray/Griffin/JJ/Capela that by the way have not play any single minute.

I wanted to see that lineup in the fourth quarter against the Kings. It was clear John was struggling for what ever reason so I was wondering if Nate was going to go back to what worked in the first half with AJ and JJ. Wishful thinking.  Don’t get me wrong, I like John and thinks he needs to play through his struggles, but it would have been interesting to see if Nate had put that lineup back out there, what would have happened. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MarylandHawk said:

I will admit, after the draft, I wasn’t expecting much from him. The last two Duke prospects we drafted were still question marks at the time. 

I could look at his college ratings against Duke (12 points above their 5th ranked offense, 3 points below their 142nd ranked defense) and was confident he was good money.  His impact seamlessly translated: natural offensive player who may not raise the floor of teammates but certainly doesn’t need to depend on any who can also reach a team defense level set by its floor raisers on that end. 

If he settles into a role of a third option he could be elite in it.  Hopefully he can make Khris Middleton-like strides defensively and become a near-second option but I fear his length may hold him back.  I think he’s already intelligent enough to know his ideal usage, about 24%.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

I could look at his college ratings against Duke (12 points above their 5th ranked offense, 3 points below their 142nd ranked defense) and was confident he was good money.  His impact seamlessly translated: natural offensive player who may not raise the floor of teammates but certainly doesn’t need to depend on any who can also reach a team defense level set by its floor raisers on that end. 

If he settles into a role of a third option he could be elite in it.  Hopefully he can make Khris Middleton-like strides defensively and become a near-second option but I fear his length may hold him back.  I think he’s already intelligent enough to know his ideal usage, about 24%.

Doesn't he have a 6'11" or 7'0" wingspan? I think that's why he gets so many steals already. 

• Thanks 1