• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

43 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I always really like this poster. Very underrated with Benhillboy. 

Appreciate it kind sir (unless someone upsets you then not so kind lol). I wouldn’t realize the quality and subtlety of movement from various sized and styled players without your insight from a few years back.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Screenshot_20221117_182721_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20221117_182811_Gallery.jpg

jck.gif

Anyone out there in Hawksquawkland who'd like to give insight into what's going on in McM's brain? I don't know how to reconcile this development with Nate's extreme infatuation with Justin that I was assured would prevent something like this from happening... even well into the season, let alone a month into the season. It's baffling, it really is. I wasn't prepared. Surely this is just a phase Nate's going through.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

If only you believed in yourself enough to make a bet on that!  But you didn’t.  At least you believed in JJ enough (even though you are going to lose that bet).

We’ll see where Justin ends up on our minutes list at season end but I am thrilled that AJ looks like a no brainer to destroy the 400 minutes I feared Nate would give him this year.

I ask for help in understanding and what I get instead? nswgo.gif Mocking criticism.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member

While I'm not completely sure that our friends above really grasped what just took place... that is, except for North...

From one mocking critic to another mocking critic, @AHF...

chrrs.gif

(And... oh by the way.... I'm granting the benefit of a doubt that eventually it sunk-in that the measure/metric you sought to apply to decide the disagreement was insufficient, by virtue of the fact that the empirical measure/metric does not and cannot exist that is capable to give insight into a coach's reasons for making a given decision... not even a coach's words can be trusted to do that... they say what they feel they need to say, no different than a GM.)

1 hour ago, sturt said:

While I'm not completely sure that our friends above really grasped what just took place... that is, except for North...

From one mocking critic to another mocking critic, @AHF...

chrrs.gif

(And... oh by the way.... I'm granting the benefit of a doubt that eventually it sunk-in that the measure/metric you sought to apply to decide the disagreement was insufficient, by virtue of the fact that the empirical measure/metric does not and cannot exist that is capable to give insight into a coach's reasons for making a given decision... not even a coach's words can be trusted to do that... they say what they feel they need to say, no different than a GM.)

image.gif.336704ccb5fc44823318423dc1020e38.gif

• Haha 2

• Moderators
10 hours ago, sturt said:

I ask for help in understanding and what I get instead? nswgo.gif Mocking criticism.

You act like your post wasn't condescending mocking.  You have used 3 mocking gifs on this page of the thread alone and I haven't used any.  I've told you all along why I think Justin Holiday will end up the season with plenty of minutes.  Acting like I haven't given you all of that repeatedly is frustrating on my end.  You have expressed why you think my view was wrong.

You either believe that information is sufficient or you don't.  Obviously you couldn't make up your mind since I offered you a bet that was heavily weighted in favor of your prediction and you passed on it.

The only measurable for the bet is minutes played.  You can never measure someone's mind so acting like that is ever a viable option is kind of crazy.  We aren't going to come up with a bet based on Nate's secret desires.  That is an entirely different kind of fiction.  My claim was around minutes played and then the explanation I provided you was for why I thought that would happen.  You also indicated you did not believe Justin Holiday would finish top 10 in our rotation which is perfectly measurable by minutes played. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

You act like your post wasn't condescending mocking.  You have used 3 mocking gifs on this page of the thread alone and I haven't used any.

Dang. I guess you didn't get it either... yes, it was mocking humor, but the kind of mocking humor you do when you think that the other person is in on the joke.

Um.

Sorry?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, sturt said:

Dang. I guess you didn't get it either... yes, it was mocking humor, but the kind of mocking humor you do when you think that the other person is in on the joke.

Um.

Sorry?

I must have misread the tone.  A downside to typed communication.  Sorry, @sturt

tenor.gif?itemid=10399341

Now I am hoping for the rest of the season that AJ beasts out and Nate gives  him all the run we are hoping for and that this results in JHol being consigned to a limited bench role.  That would be fantastic!  (I'm not supremely confident that Nate will do this but my fingers are crossed.)

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

You either believe that information is sufficient or you don't.  Obviously you couldn't make up your mind since I offered you a bet that was heavily weighted in favor of your prediction and you passed on it.

The only measurable for the bet is minutes played.  You can never measure someone's mind so acting like that is ever a viable option is kind of crazy.  We aren't going to come up with a bet based on Nate's secret desires.  That is an entirely different kind of fiction.  My claim was around minutes played and then the explanation I provided you was for why I thought that would happen.

Now, to the serious part... (as-if we haven't already covered this multiple times, but okay, let me try a different approach, maybe kinda why not... )

Your disagreement with me perhaps centered on minutes played... so this bet you've so badly wanted me to take, and to the point of chiding me still for not taking it, would have been relevant.

Why didn't I take it?

There's an answer for that, and it's not been apparent that you get that there is.... amazingly, that's the case even though you've more or less said already what I'm about to say (again for the 28th time)...

My fundamental disagreement with you was not minutes played.

My fundamental disagreement with you was that you insisted that McM loved his guy, and practically no matter what, he was sticking with his guy. The argument I heard was that you believed Justin had built-up a trust level with McM that was too substantial for McM to ascend to the idea of removing Justin from the rotation for any length of time.

Using your own words... you can never measure someone's mind.

Yes. Exactly.

You can measure minutes played. That's certainly an indicator, but there's simply too many legitimate reasons that could be part of the equation in why one player gets more minutes than another.

Therefore, there was never a bet that you could have conjured up that would have fit with my disagreement with you.

I'm out. Have a last word if you like.

(Travel day for me, so it has to be that way regardless.)

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

I must have misread the tone.  A downside to typed communication.  Sorry, @sturt

tenor.gif?itemid=10399341

Awkward.... this was so special.

I'm used to folks being ded-a** wrong on the internet, knowing it, but still doubling down on it.  How refreshing to see adults acting like an adult. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/23/2022 at 10:37 PM, NBASupes said:

Like our other two Duke players, an All Star level talent. More polish than the other two but far worse defender which is partly why he slid.

On 6/23/2022 at 10:44 PM, marco102 said:

You will be surprised by his defensive improvement. 

On 6/25/2022 at 7:37 PM, NBASupes said:

He is clearly a 3 right now based on his college tape. His defense is too shit to be a 3 in this league. Teams want defensive versatility from 3s and 4s on defense, he has some potential for versatility at the 4 defensively but none at the 3 unless it's big wings only. His best bet is lose weight, improve flex, get his twitch back from HS, and long term transition to the 2. He's gonna have to be more of a playmaker to make the move to the 2 long term. 

He 6'6-6'7 with a 7ft wingspan so he's optimal as a 2 whereas he's undersized height wise for a modern 3. He does have defensive small ball 4 potential but he has to put on a lot more weight for that. 20 pounds or more.  I don't see Jimmy Butler in his game. As far as Bane, he's way more skilled but Bane has a clean game like Agbaji. Griffin plays like a freshman, his game is FAR from clean. 

On 6/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, marco102 said:

The defensive stuff is over blown. He had slow recognition because he hadn't played in two years. He is super.young. 

He had a dislocated knee cap, a minisucs tear and a sprain ankle. Those aren't debilatating injuries as far as I know. Give him time to develop in the f league this year and we got ourselves a steal.

Add all his skills with the shooting and we have an allstar two way guard/forward to go along with our elite point guard.

On 6/25/2022 at 11:08 PM, NBASupes said:

It's not overblown, it's really an issue but I do believe he can fix it to some degree. 

Looks like he's improved on the defensive end.  I also think he can play the two or three. after watching him thus far.  

Do you know what weight he's playing at? He actually looks slimmer than he was at Duke.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1