• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

15 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well, Travis still has the final word on personnel decisions, that's what matters.

Depends on the call. Exhibit 10s and shit like that is all Landry. Big moves, you gotta have the big boss in for that 

16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Depends on the call. Exhibit 10s and shit like that is all Landry. Big moves, you gotta have the big boss in for that 

Well according to all reports he is working under Travis and Travis retains final say on all major personnel decisions. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

One thing though,

AJ gotta get a new #…

Area 21 is occupied in Atlanta.

:er:

They seem to have a history of drafting players who had 21 in college, AJ, OO, Prince, and maybe Hunter.

• Like 1

Still not a huge fan of the pick - but I’ll be optimistic and recognize the potential he has … particularly if can get 100% healthy and stay that way. 

Optimistic view: Minus a difference in build (aj is stronger) - pretty similar profile/strengths/weaknesses coming out as Klay Thompson.  But AJ is only 18.  So I’ll keep my rose colored glasses on for a little longer. Klay was more refined coming out tho, but that is to be expected as he was a junior. 

Edited by h4wkfan
  • Like 2

I’ll add his defense is way behind Klay (as a jr). But a lot of his issue is not an athleticism fault. Given all the time he missed in HS + at Duke due to injury, a lot of those problems are solvable with good coaching (really raw), watching tons of film and of course - live reps. 

slow feet could be an issue , but maybe he gets some more burst back with health + professional training. 

1 hour ago, h4wkfan said:

I’ll add his defense is way behind Klay (as a jr). But a lot of his issue is not an athleticism fault. Given all the time he missed in HS + at Duke due to injury, a lot of those problems are solvable with good coaching (really raw), watching tons of film and of course - live reps. 

slow feet could be an issue , but maybe he gets some more burst back with health + professional training. 

Yeah he admitted as much here. Said his reads were slower because he hadn't played as much co.petetively recently.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

I have absolutely nothing at all against AJ, JJ, or Cam. But dang it if the Hawks draft one more Dukie I’m going to barf. It’s bad enough having Grant Hill hanging around. 

The Hawks 2023 first round pick:

E5JhAWEWQAUcogN?format=jpg&name=small

• Sad 1

I like the pick @ 16 and a knockdown shooter is always valuable.  He was a 5 star recruit and had injuries, so him getting fully healthy + his size gives him lots of potential beyond just shooting.  He does move very similar to Klay and reminds me a lot of him.

But he's still only 18 and won't contribute this year, perhaps he can be a part of the rotation next year.  After 2 full seasons in the NBA he will only be 20 years old.  He's a project no doubt.  IMO unlikely we get to see his prime in ATL, as he is 9 years away.

Solid asset to have on the team as a future player and/or if we decided to trade him in a bigger package for a star.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Hope he can get his HS pop back like Cam got his back

He doesn't even need that explosion.  If he can figure out how to use his strength to get guys off balanced as he's driving, MAAAANNNNN!!!

Edited by marco102