• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome A.J. Griffin

marco102

WHICH ONE IS HE?

I've read that our draft pick in round #1 is a real knock down shooter who plays no defense.

I've just read where he is considered a lock down defender.

He's a Hawk.  Therefore, I'll take him!  Whatever kind of teenager player he is!!

🥰

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, hawkman said:

AJ doesn't look like an 18 year old kid at all. This guy reminds me of a less athletic, but much better shooting Antman. That shooting stoke will absolutely translate. You can't give him a clean look at the rim within 30 feet. Quickness/burst still needs work, but he looks better here than in the Duke highlights. I'm getting the impression that AJ may be able to contribute (on offense) a little sooner than expected. 

So is he healthy or not? I thought some people we complaining that he was still rehabbing from an injury.

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

So is he healthy or not? I thought some people we complaining that he was still rehabbing from an injury.

He's healthy enough to play.  It just takes about two years for someone to get their full athleticism back after the surgeries he had.  See one Klay Thomopson.   Yeah he can play, but he's still not 100% back to where he was. 

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lessss-go, marqo!  We were all over this one, amirite? 😏

This kid gonna be a beefed-up CJ McCollum (semi-kidding on that).

I don't ever remember you shooting down Griffin.  Did you? Couldn't have!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He's healthy enough to play.  It just takes about two years for someone to get their full athleticism back after the surgeries he had.  See one Klay Thomopson.   Yeah he can play, but he's still not 100% back to where he was

He was really slow footed (on defense AND offense) and strictly a below the rim guy at Duke. That's not who he was in high school. It'll be interesting to see how he looks in Summer League. I at least expect him to shoot the lights out if nothing else. Him showing more bounce/quickness would be a huge bonus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

He was really slow footed (on defense AND offense) and strictly a below the rim guy at Duke. That's not who he was in high school. It'll be interesting to see how he looks in Summer League. I at least expect him to shoot the lights out if nothing else. Him showing more bounce/quickness would be a huge bonus.

Some of that was mental too.  He hadn't played in organized basketball in so long he was slow to make reads. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Missed two games at Duke.  What are you talking about? 

his documented history of knee problems dating back to high school.   Nothing major so far, but apparently he's had at least 3 knee injuries between high school and college.     That's never a good sign and is the reason he was stll on the board when we picked.

11 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Much better shot creator than Danny ever was. His handle was mediocre at best. Aj actually has a very good handle and understands angles and levels ALOT better than Danny. 

The player he really reminds me of is Iso Joe. He's not quite as laterally good as Joe was but he uses his body and scores the same way. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, jy23 said:

Much better shot creator than Danny ever was. His handle was mediocre at best. Aj actually has a very good handle and understands angles and levels ALOT better than Danny. 

I see a lot of TJ Warren. Maybe it's the braids.

• Haha 1