• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Filling out the roster

sturt

• Premium Member

PG: Young (37.0), A. Holiday (1.8), Cooper (1.5 QO)
SG: Murray (16.5), Bogi (18),  Martin (1.0), Brown (0.5 2W)
SF: Hunter (9.8), J.Holiday (6.2) Griffin (3.5),
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Mo Harkless (4.5)
C - Capela (18.7), Okongwu (6.3) Kaminsky (1.8)

TOTAL Guaranteed Salary (14 Players) = $151.4 million 

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

SF: Hunter (9.8), J.Holiday (6.2) Griffin (3.5),

Griffin is gonna play himself ahead of Holiday. He’s just a lot more skilled and a lot better imho. 2nd unit for AJ off the bat!!!! :boxing:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Griffin is gonna play himself ahead of Holiday. He’s just a lot more skilled and a lot better imho. 2nd unit for AJ off the bat!!!! :boxing:

Let me know when his foot is no longer sore. :spiteful:. Smells like an avatar bet like the one @hazerand I have regarding Cooper.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let me know when his foot is no longer sore. :spiteful:. Smells like an avatar bet like the one @hazerand I have regarding Cooper.

I’m down. Oh wait, you did do this 💃 with the Haz.. uh oh.. umm 🤨 lemme think about it. 🏃‍♀️ 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
On 7/16/2022 at 5:35 PM, Spud2nique said:

I’m down. Oh wait, you did do this 💃 with the Haz.. uh oh.. umm 🤨 lemme think about it. 🏃‍♀️ 

I’ve had an avatar bet out there for anyone who wants to take JJ, AJ or Coop against Justin Holiday.  Total minutes played in games where both are available (which includes games where the player is available to play in the gleague).

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’ve had an avatar bet out there for anyone who wants to take JJ, AJ or Coop against Justin Holiday.  Total minutes played in games where both are available (which includes games where the player is available to play in the gleague).

Qualification to the deal:

Jalen is healthy for all of training camp.

If you can go there, you got yuurself a deal.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, sturt said:

Qualification to the deal:

Jalen is healthy for all of training camp.

If you can go there, you got yuurself a deal.

JJ’s injury history is one factor in making the offer.  Wouldn’t make sense to write that off anymore than canceling the deal if Justin Holiday starts off the season shooting like he did late last year.  Those are known risks that could cause either to lose playing time.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

JJ’s injury history is one factor in making the offer.  Wouldn’t make sense to write that off anymore than canceling the deal if Justin Holiday starts off the season shooting like he did late last year.  Those are known risks that could cause either to lose playing time.

I was mistaken. I thought you were alleging that all things being equal... and fundamental to "all things being equal" in my vocabulary is availability... JDay will play more than Jalen.

Okay... we're good then... no deal.

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I want in! 

• Moderators

@Spud2nique
One month of avatar control on the line

* look at games where both players are healthy enough to play (ie if Holiday gets a DNP-CD that counts; if AJ is in the gleague that counts; etc.)

* simple metric: total minutes played in those games

Spud wins if AJ Griffin plays more minutes

AHF wins the bet if Justin Holiday plays more minutes (but feels like he loses IRL)

• Moderators
14 hours ago, sturt said:

I was mistaken. I thought you were alleging that all things being equal... and fundamental to "all things being equal" in my vocabulary is availability... JDay will play more than Jalen.

Okay... we're good then... no deal.

I am assuming all things equal that JDay plays more than Jalen but I’m not going to do a deal where it isn’t all things equal but is all things equal except this one thing.  Health is already normalized for both players in my formulation of the bet.  I view JJ’s health as a risk to his development and minutes and JDay’s terrible play in Sacramento carrying over as the big risk to his playing time.  You would have the bet called off if JJ misses time in training camp but would not do anything to give JDay an out for playing below his career norm (as he finished last season).  That seems lopsided to me to remove one player’s risk but not the other’s so I consider the health normalization to be the right balance point.  If JJ isn’t healthy enough to play, those games don’t count.  That is what gets you all things equal because once you go beyond there any further adjustments don’t make sense to me (and are assymetrical in the case of the one you proposed.)

2 hours ago, AHF said:

@Spud2nique
One month of avatar control on the line

* look at games where both players are healthy enough to play (ie if Holiday gets a DNP-CD that counts; if AJ is in the gleague that counts; etc.)

* simple metric: total minutes played in those games

Spud wins if AJ Griffin plays more minutes

AHF wins the bet if Justin Holiday plays more minutes (but feels like he loses IRL)

I just saw that Justin played 25 minutes a game last year while starting 65/74 games  for Indy/Sac.

Jalen Johnson saw 5.5 minutes a game last year as a rook under Nate.

Now, I think AJ will play well enough to the point that Nate will have to play him a bit but 25 minutes a game from a rookie given the state where our team is doesn’t make sense. I think AJ is good and will stick with us and get better every year but  he’s not getting 25 minutes, probably not even 20, Jalen will actually see more minutes off the bat than AJ but I just think AJ is gonna be a nice young player but he prolly won’t get 20 min.

Justin probably plays about 20 minutes a night while AJ gets 5-10..

The rookie life.

And for those reasons…

I’m out. (On the bet)

Hawks roster is all set for the season.  Something good or bad might happen to change everything.  You just never know.  Having said all this, I like what we've become.  Like others have said, I'm sad to see some old Hawks no longer here.  We will miss them.  With the way our roster is presently constructed, Nate will be forced to play some of our young men.  They may all fail to come up to the NBA standard and give us a terrible season.  That would mean Travis has goofed.  I don't think that he has.

🥰

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Random thought but it seems to me 'winning' teams have linth and defensive versatility.  Do folks think we've done enough to add this to our team?

I feel like we could do more in the 3/4 area.  And we'll miss Wright.

Out of money so this is the 2022-23 Hawks.