• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Filling out the roster

sturt

• Premium Member

Pretty good reason to not assume the 15-main roster is mostly set... but let's pretend for just the moment that it is...

The one hole remaining is that there's no real post player of any significant experience behind our first four... it's even a question mark whether Jock will stick, but perhaps.

What I'm getting to is this... WATCH OKC.

It has always been the case that they're just overloaded, and ultimately will have to either make trades or buyout/release some older guys. That situation became even more acute when they resigned Muscala.

JaMychal Green and Derrick Favors both could be buyouts. Both would be really, really, really nice gets for us. But even just one would be a really nice get.

• Premium Member

Current Roster:

PG: Young (37.0), A. Holiday (1.8), Cooper (1.5 QO)
SG: Murray (16.5), Bogi (18),  Brown  (.5 2W)
SF: Hunter (9.8), J. Holiday (6.2) Griffin (2.9),
PF: Collins (23.5), Johnson (2.7), Mo Harkless (4.5)
C - Capela (18.2), Okongwu (6.3), Jock Landale (1.5 UG)

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Current Roster:

C - Capela (18.2), Okongwu (6.3), Jockey Landale (1.5 UG)

Please tell me a center’s name isn’t really Jockey. That’s like giving an obese man the nickname Slim. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Green for Harkless and Landale.

I know why we would do that, but I have no clue why OKC... being in the state that they are... would just add to their roster count.

I like the chances that Favors will get bought out. I'm slightly less certain that Green will, but it's a real possibility that Presti won't find a taker for what he's openly admitted is trade bait.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Current Roster:

What can (two-way) Brown do for you?

😉

Justin Holiday is too thin and frail to be considered a legit SF, imo.

Harkless can be a PF, but he's built more like Hunter... and you're still lacking beef in the post b/t him and Jock.

• Premium Member

If we were to consider Harless a PF for planning purposes... and with due respect to @JayBirdHawk's post above, you really cannot dismiss that possibility since they went wing-heavy last season when they signed TLC as the 15th man...

Can we dismiss the possibility of another former Pacer being added to fill out the group?

(Clipped the Aaron H part too, since it would seem to be interesting if you hadn't already read it...  )

2022-07-02_12-33-26.png

I believe we all need to relax. Free agency hasn't really started yet. We will find quality pieces after the stars get their money. The buyout market and the cuts will be our time to pounce. We really missed out on DiVincenzo. He may have had bigger offers but just couldn't pass up taking less and playing for the champs.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Ya'll agreed that we needed to get rid of one of Bogi or Huerter because of redundancy 

Not me.

I agreed they would get rid of one, but b/c of the lux tax reasons... not redundancy.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Harkless is getting a weird amount of hate.

Also, not from me.

I like the chances that he can be a slightly better version of Solo that McM can deploy.

I would be down for TJ Warren.

Gives us another guy like a Bogi who can get red hot on any given night and play like a borderline All-Star.

I like that he can score in a few ways that we currently lack. He can space the floor but isn’t strictly a floor spacer. Reminds me of when we had Parker off the bench. He was a professional bucket getter even if he gave us nothing else.

Plus, I don’t hate the fact that he and Jimmy are not the best of friends. Would love some of that feistiness on this team.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I would be down for TJ Warren.

Gives us another guy like a Bogi who can get red hot on any given night and play like a borderline All-Star.

I like that he can score in a few ways that we currently lack. He can space the floor but isn’t strictly a floor spacer. Reminds me of when we had Parker off the bench. He was a professional bucket getter even if he gave us nothing else.

Plus, I don’t hate the fact that he and Jimmy are not the best of friends. Would love some of that feistiness on this team.

TJ Warren would be interesting. 

I haven't seen what kind of contract and role he's looking for though.

20 hours ago, sturt said:

I'd forgotten they pushed back his date.

Oh man. Would be a sweet pick-up if available.

Your obsession with OKC players knows no bounds.  I recall this guy had some good games for them, but he came across as distinctly nondescript to me.

Reminds me of Moses Brown having had iirc a 20 rebound game and folks thinking he "would be a sweet pickup if available ".

Then he gets traded a couple times and folks start to realize maybe there's a reason OKC loses so many games with these guys.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Your obsession with OKC players knows no bounds.

hehe... you're more right than wrong about that, actually.

2021-22 OKC players that I'd love to have in the ATL if salary nor roster limit were a thing...

2022-07-04_11-13-57.png

And now they've added JaMychal Green, so there's another.

Most seriously, and without apology... if we make no other moves to change the roster as it stands today, my dream-within-reason scenario is to see Presti release JaMychal Green and Derrick Favors, and those two to be our other two bigs on the depth chart... and then, less within reason, would be somehow to pick up Kenrich Williams on the cheap, maybe giving OKC a 2nd rounder (...remembering that Presti held out for a FRP at the Feb trade deadline).

• Premium Member
On 7/2/2022 at 11:28 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Current Roster:

I see things differently...

• PG:  Young, Holiday, Cooper or Mays
  • SG:  Murray, Griffin
  • Sf  Hunter, Bogi, Holiday, Brown
  • PF:  Collins, Harkless, Johnson
  • C;  Capela, OKongwu...

Because of his mobility and because I have watched him flourish at the position, Bogi plays SF BU next season.   I think because of his size and shooting ability, Griff may start off as BU SG. 

There will be a stagger with Young and Murray.  I think that when Trae takes a seat, Murray will stay in with the 2nd unit.    So our wings will be incredibly competitive.