• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks, Frank Kaminsky

Dejay

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The $2.4 is the vet which is guaranteed. The $1.8 is just the cap hit.

image.png

I think we're talking past each other, Jay. I'm suggesting that there is no confirmation of anything. Spotrac's only going off of the same chart you've referenced here. That would explain why it's in purple, ie, "estimated."

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, sturt said:

I think we're talking past each other, Jay. I'm suggesting that there is no confirmation of anything. Spotrac's only going off of the same chart you've referenced here. That would explain why it's in purple, ie, "estimated."

Spotrac has been good at listing the guaranteed portions of player salaries in their descriptions.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Spotrac has been good at listing the guaranteed portions of player salaries in their descriptions.

Right. Don't doubt that. But when they tell you/me/us "estimate," that has to suggest that THEY are still awaiting confirmation of each factoid... one of those being what the guaranteed amount is, if any.

7 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

That neck beard is looking itchy.

Oh it totally is lemme tell ya. I had a Harden beard going on 2015, grew it for like 5 months and towards the end I was itching all over the place. I even used coca butter 🧈 cream and a special beard 🧔♂️ protector and a comb :er:.. didn’t help.

The day I finally shaved 🪒 it I felt free as a bird! 😂 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Oh it totally is lemme tell ya. I had a Harden beard going on 2015, grew it for like 5 months and towards the end I was itching all over the place. I even used coca butter 🧈 cream and a special beard 🧔♂️ protector and a comb :er:.. didn’t help.

Two weeks is my max before I can’t take it anymore.  Then the buzzer comes out.  Unless Mrs. Jdawg or one of the minions tells me to remove it sooner.  The “spiky” beard is not a hit with the little ones.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Two weeks is my max before I can’t take it anymore.  Then the buzzer comes out.  Unless Mrs. Jdawg or one of the minions tells me to remove it sooner.  The “spiky” beard is not a hit with the little ones.

I still remember my dad doing the 'spiky' beard - hated it...and he knew we hated it to 😆 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I still remember my dad doing the 'spiky' beard - hated it...and he knew we hated it to 😆 

It is a fun one during snuggle time right before bed.  “Dad, youwr spiky beward is poking me through my jamas”

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Yes my gf, nephew and dog hate kisses with the spikes! :butcher:

That cream rinse stuff that you use after shampoo that makes your hair soft will do wonders to that stiff, spikey beard.  Itch will also go down a lot.  Try it.  You will love it!!

🥰

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I damn near have a Harden right now and my 10 month old has a BALL pulling on it every time he sees me. I promise I’ve thought about squaring you with him at least 12 times just this month 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
On 7/12/2022 at 8:39 PM, Spud2nique said:

And He Finally Addressed The Shaving Of The Beard GIFs - Get the best GIF  on GIPHY

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, jy23 said:

I damn near have a Harden right now and my 10 month old has a BALL pulling on it every time he sees me. I promise I’ve thought about squaring you with him at least 12 times just this month 

Ball Hit Baby GIF - Ball Hit Baby Child - Discover & Share GIFs

Balls to the Face!!

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
On 7/12/2022 at 7:24 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Can we put this to bed now? 

image.png

I've not seen that reported yet by anyone in the Hawks orbit... they've all reported the numbers, but none have reported the guarantee part.

I feel like the natural assumption to be taken from that is no one in the Hawks FO has made it known, and that Spotrac is making an assumption.

So. Sorry to disappoint. But I'm one of those Show Me types.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Breaking news:

AJC beat writer has confirmed Kaminsky's contract is guaranteed.

Don't care what anyone says... it is insane to guarantee money to a player with 4 consecutive years of significant injury history that prevented him from playing.

It's more insane when you're toeing the luxury tax line to begin with, and your front office otherwise has made not one but two deals in the off-season that were about the money.

It's not going to be the tipping point issue in winning a trophy. I just don't like irrational decisions as a rule.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You're just mad they didn't acquire Favors

I'm being misinterpreted.

I'm not mad that they acquired Kaminsky. A healthy Kaminsky could be useful.

I'm mad that Kaminsky has a guaranteed roster slot.

I think you must have read over this part, kg...

13 minutes ago, sturt said:

It's not going to be the tipping point issue in winning a trophy. I just don't like irrational decisions as a rule.

I do want Favors, but he's only a consolation prize at this point... Micic is who I wanted.

Fortunately, that consolation prize is still on the table.