• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why aren't we Excited!!!

Diesel

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The 2023 is the Charlotte Protected pick, not our own 2023 pick. That's the pick which we got from the Cam trade trade which we got from the Trae trade so the loop has been closed. :laugh1:

Nice! Even cheaper! I want the chipper chicken 🐔 😂 

Me at 2:14 aka George Banks 🏦 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think Kaminsky does more than just spot up from 3

Yes, he can get busy in the low-mid post. Nice little hook shot, up and under.

Can up fake and put the ball on the floor, pass out the post, etc…

Kaminsky is similar in skill to Gallo except that Gallo was a better shooter overall and was great at drawing fouls.

Defensively, Rebounds, and even passing all favor Kaminsky. Gallo is also more of a go-to option whereas Kaminsky is not, but he is solid and efficient in his more limited roles.

Im always pulling for JJ, but Kaminsky is a nice option to pair next to OO because they can swap out 4/5 with offense for defense between each other.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

He'll be given an opportunity at SF and given spot minutes at PF. But he will have to show himself when he does get minutes. 

He is more of a PF than SF.  He played 4/5 most of the time in college park.   He'll be John's backup this season.  If he can play back up 3 minutes, it'll be a pleasant surprise to me.

• Like 2

Just now, marco102 said:

He is more of a PF than SF.  He played 4/5 most of the time in college park.   He'll be John's backup this season.  If he can play back up 3 minutes, it'll be a pleasant surprise to me.

I see backup PF as more of a battle/shared duties with OO17. I think OO will end up playing both backcourt positions and will be the one called on when we need a backup to start. Jalen will have to get more minutes playing a secondary position and Center is locked down with Kaminsky and OO. 

• Like 1

Gallo can get your 2nd unit buckets, Dejounte can change your franchise.  I am believing this until it doesn’t happen on the court.  

People are really more excited about Hunter and his pedestrian numbers than Murray.  The dude was like 22/9/8, plus he lead the league in steals.  How is this falling so flat?  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

He has the ballhandling and playmaking skills to be a SF on offense. He's actually pretty versatile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I see backup PF as more of a battle/shared duties with OO17. I think OO will end up playing both backcourt positions and will be the one called on when we need a backup to start. Jalen will have to get more minutes playing a secondary position and Center is locked down with Kaminsky and OO. 

I see Kaminsky in the Deing role.  He'll only play when OO or CC are not available.   

They have to develop the young guys this season imo.  

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Gallo can get your 2nd unit buckets, Dejounte can change your franchise.  I am believing this until it doesn’t happen on the court.  

People are really more excited about Hunter and his pedestrian numbers than Murray.  The dude was like 22/9/8, plus he lead the league in steals.  How is this falling so flat?  

Can't resist taking a shot at the SF position can you?  Who is more excited about Hunter than Murray?  Name names. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hawkman said:

He has the ballhandling and playmaking skills to be a SF on offense. He's actually pretty versatile.

He does, but imo he has a modern 4's skillset.  

When I first saw him in college I thought he was a SF as I looked at more videos of him it became clear he's a playmaking four. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

I see Kaminsky in the Deing role.  He'll only play when OO or CC are not available.   

Kaminsky is way more of a baller than people here are giving him credit for. I'll admit I was wrong if he doesn't pan out. But I believe he will be the primary backup Center for us.

• Moderators

I am very excited for this season.  I was excited coming into last year which was why our injuries and general mediocrity were a big let down.  I have similar expectations coming into this year as I had coming into last year.  The team is exciting.  There isn’t a player I dislike.  Big questions to see how the dynamic changes with DM.  I have low expectations for the Tank but maybe he can be more healthy and productive than he has been in recent years.  We’ve got several players in a position to take big steps forward.  We won’t hit on al of these “if” scenarios but we don’t need to hit on all them.  If DM and Trae mesh well and we hit on a few of them, this team could really make some noise in the regular and postseason.  I’ll be chomping at the bit by the time the season tips off.

Just to be clear, I’m very excited about Murray.  Want to see him fit with Young to become the league’s best backcourt and embrace this team and city and resign with us after he is an UFA.  In a worst case scenario, he should still be easily the best player on the court with Trae in his short career.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Yes, he can get busy in the low-mid post. Nice little hook shot, up and under.

Can up fake and put the ball on the floor, pass out the post, etc…

Kaminsky is similar in skill to Gallo except that Gallo was a better shooter overall and was great at drawing fouls.

Defensively, Rebounds, and even passing all favor Kaminsky. Gallo is also more of a go-to option whereas Kaminsky is not, but he is solid and efficient in his more limited roles.

Im always pulling for JJ, but Kaminsky is a nice option to pair next to OO because they can swap out 4/5 with offense for defense between each other.

Full scouting report on a Sunday…

AYEEEE MAN :fist:

Good stuff yes that’s the tank in a nutshell.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Ya I see more 4 but who knows these days with OKC tryin to play Chet at the 3. :er:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Kaminsky is our 3rd string Center. I think Kaminsky is more skilled than Dieng so he has an opportunity for real minutes if guys in front of him falter for too long vs just injury replacement level.  He himself is returning from injury.

I think in the overall scheme, it does give us more options of player lineups ar the 4/5 spots. He can play with JC, Clint and OO since he can stretch the floor filling in the Gallo role but with definitely more size, defense and rebounding.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I see more 4 but who knows these days with OKC tryin to play Chet at the 3. :er:

Yep. I think his versatility gives us more lineup options to play him at SF/PF. Maybe we need to play bigger in some instances.... DJM, DH, JJ, JC, OO 😁

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm excited.  My new Murray jersey just arrived, can't wait for the season to start.  The thing I'm probably the most excited about this year is our team (outside of Bogi) was healthy entering the offseason and should be able to show up at the beginning of the year in shape and we can hit the floor running.  Obviously hoping for some development from Hunter and OO as well and I'm excited to see Trae off ball.  I think we can be a 55 win team next year if things click early and we get on some good runs.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

No more excited about not every wing and backcourt going for career nights against us. I said as much on twitter hunters counting stats prolly won’t be there but him and murray tandem along with healthy Clint should make for a much improved defense.

• Like 1