• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kirschner transitioning to the Yankees beat

sturt

• Premium Member

Good for him. Most who get into sports journalism have to take open gigs as they come while they wait for their dream job to open. I’ve always wondered how much it would impact your fandom and writing if you had to report on your favorite team though.

I was about to mistake Kevin Chouinard with Kirschner.  I remember Brad Rowland doing an interview with Chouinard and thought he came off a little bit pretentious at times but I'll have to reserve my judgement.  Good luck to Kirshner and hopefully he enjoys many years of wishing the Yanks had the Braves magic.

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, RandomFan said:

excited-friends.gif

SOOO glad. Salty bro was worse than Michael Cunningham by the end. 

I'll never forget Trae roasting him for trying to call people cheap for not buying his articles. 

Oh right.  That's the other thing.  That was embarrassing.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Eddielives said:

I was about to mistake Kevin Chouinard with Kirschner.  I remember Brad Rowland doing an interview with Chouinard and thought he came off a little bit pretentious at times but I'll have to reserve my judgement.  Good luck to Kirshner and hopefully he enjoys many years of wishing the Yanks had the Braves magic.

Traitor! Excited for squawk fantasy football 🏈! Draft in a month or so huh?

Braves!!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 1:42 PM, Eddielives said:

yessir! i just need to set the draft date

Okay September 4th at 7:00 pm.  Same teams as usual.  Is everyone still a go for playing or any suggestions for league settings?  Lemme know!

Edited by Eddielives
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I heard they replaced Chris with nobody

Still true. Once the Athletic got bought out by NY Times it isn't as sports focused as it once was.

I like Kirschner. He did a good job covering the Hawks. I liked the fact he would occasionally stir the pot a little with an article because sometimes guys need to be called out or held accountable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Eddielives said:

Okay September 4th at 7:00 pm.  Same teams as usual.  Is everyone still a go for playing or any suggestions for league settings?  Lemme know!

I have one league draft at 8 pm EST that day. I have another league drafting the day before that at 8 pm EST. I am the commish in the other two leagues. I can't miss those drafts. If you need me to drop feel free to kick me. I can't do the 4th at 7 pm. Can we do Friday Sept 2nd at 8 pm? I could do that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sothron said:

I have one league draft at 8 pm EST that day. I have another league drafting the day before that at 8 pm EST. I am the commish in the other two leagues. I can't miss those drafts. If you need me to drop feel free to kick me. I can't do the 4th at 7 pm. Can we do Friday Sept 2nd at 8 pm? I could do that.

Done. Friday September 2nd at 8:00. 

• Thanks 1