• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome Trent Forrest (2W)

sturt

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's 50 games but whatever Shams.

Damn.  I was hoping we were going to bring in somebody that could help.  This is some Quin stuff.   Very disappointed with our FO. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We need POA defense and backup PG minutes. Trent is both of those. I don't know why anyone would be against it. 

We also need some frontcourt help.   Probably more.   We can't keep moving JJ to the 5 and think that we will have good results with that.  Unless Quin has decided to use Bruno more than he has been using him...  I think bringing up Trent is not the best move.

For as much as we dislike Mathews.. he plays good defense and can be used as a BU 2.   We have the ability to bring up Vit too.    I saw Trent play last night and he's very stable... but we don't have any help at the 4/5 spot. 

So, the Hawks release one old guard and replace him with a young, experienced guard.  Who is upset?

But we need help up front.  Since the roster is full, release someone and sign a replacement.  

:smug:

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We need POA defense and backup PG minutes. Trent is both of those. I don't know why anyone would be against it. 

No . . . we need help on the frontline in the form of bigs.

Quin is just starting to become enamored with JJ at the 5 in a true small ball lineup ( that is working right now ).  But you still need bigs.

While point of attack defense is a weakness of ours, the biggest reason why are defense is weak, is because our frontline doesn't hold its own. 

Most of the top defensive teams in the league are not up there because of their great point of attack defense.  They're up there because they have frontline players that can deter shots in the paint and the team can secure defensive rebounds.

• Like 5

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

We also need help in the front court with OO out and CC on minutes restriction.

My guess/hope is they sign a Two-Way big that they can call up or release Wes and sign a big.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Damn.  I was hoping we were going to bring in somebody that could help.  This is some Quin stuff.   Very disappointed with our FO. 

They don't want to spend another dime.  Sorry and pathetic.  

• Premium Member

What big is out there that we could have signed instead of Trent? Capela is back, Bruno is showing he's worth playing and when OO gets back we're back to a 3 center rotation if need be.

• Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

What big is out there that we could have signed instead of Trent? Capela is back, Bruno is showing he's worth playing and when OO gets back we're back to a 3 center rotation if need be.

Marcus Morris, Muscala, Metu,  Joe Harris is also out there but not exactly a big. 

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Marcus Morris, Muscala, Metu,  Joe Harris is also out there but not exactly a big. 

None of those are really bigs except for Moose. 

Let's be honest, giving Trent a full contract is both cheap and expected from the FO. Quin loved him in Utah and he loves him here. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We also need help in the front court with OO out and CC on minutes restriction.

My guess/hope is they sign a Two-Way big that they can call up or release Wes and sign a big.

Signing a two way big is the most realistic thing at this point.

• Like 2

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Sothron said:

None of those are really bigs except for Moose. 

Let's be honest, giving Trent a full contract is both cheap and expected from the FO. Quin loved him in Utah and he loves him here. 

We need a backup PF more than a Center.  Morris could do that but i low key hate the guy.   

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We need a backup PF more than a Center.  Morris could do that but i low key hate the guy.   

What the opposite of low key? That's how I feel about that guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Signing a two way big is the most realistic thing at this point.

It is but there is no reason to keep Matthews if there is a useful big out there.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

Bring in the Moose.  He can play C and help spread the floor. 

I would cut Matthews and return Moose Goggles to the bench in a heartbeat.

• Like 2