• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two Preseason Games left - 10/12 and 10/14

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Anyone thinks AJ landed funny, left leg when he got  blocked? I hope he's ok. He continued playing and hit a 3 on the next play.

I hope not.

Can someone make him stop wearing those leggings?  Just a bad look imho... 

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Who said Murray was a bad shooter?

Look at his career numbers.  They don’t lie.  He had never been a good shooter and hasn’t been a horrific one either.  Subpar is a better word for it.

He should be in line for a new career high ts% this season (one significantly higher than Cam).

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, terrell said:

People who said we gave up too much for him, and Huerter Stans... lol

We got him for reasons other than his jump shot.  If he makes a big improvement in his jumper that is gravy.  He adds so much that we needed other than shooting jumpers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Look at his career numbers.  They don’t lie.

He should be in line for a new career high ts% this season (one significantly higher than Cam).

Meh. Numbers are overrated.. lol

With all of the other stuff he provides, his shooting is fine imo..

Edited by terrell

1 minute ago, AHF said:

We got him for reasons other than his jump shot.  If he makes a big improvement in his jumper that is gravy.  He adds so much that we needed other than shooting jumpers.

Exactly...Its the other stuff... His shot is fine imo.. And he's pretty $ from mid range..

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Look at his career numbers.  They don’t lie.  He had never been a good shooter and hasn’t been a horrific one either.  Subpar is a better word for it.

Oh it was you and your concrete way of looking at players and their potential...Its always the same with you and your analysis.  "if he couldn't shoot last year, he can't shoot this year" analysis.  Trae Young literally was a 32% 3 point shooter his 1st year.  Luka was worse.  Lonzo couldn't hit the side of a barn and neither could Jason Kidd.  The list goes on and on but yet you continue to use that archaic method of predicting future success. SMH

In the first quarter we found out that we weren't as good as we first thought we were.  🥲

Then, in the second quarter we came back to look pretty good.  But that smell from the 1st quarter stayed on the Hawks for the remainder of the night.  Sure, back and forth in the second half.  

Got to watch a lot of the Hawk players tonight.  Some looked good and some didn't.  Now we forget all the bad stuff because the score doesn't really matter.  From now on, they do.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

🧑‍🔧 SEASON OPENER NEXT WEEK !!

• Like 3

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Oh it was you and your concrete way of looking at players and their potential...It’s always the same with you and your analysis.  "if he couldn't shoot last year, he can't shoot this year" analysis.  Trae Young literally was a 32% 3 point shooter his 1st year.  Luka was worse.  Lonzo couldn't hit the side of a barn and neither could Jason Kidd.  The list goes on and on but yet you continue to use that archaic method of predicting future success. SMH

I don’t rule out improvements over time, especially from young players or players who have shown potential and progress developing.  But I don’t confuse an unreasonably small sample size for a meaningful data set.  He has never been an efficient scorer or good shooter.  If he develops that is great but I am sure as **** not assuming that a couple of preseason games means as much as 320 games.

My expectation for this year is 45-47% shooting from midrange and 33% from 3pt range.  I hope all the attention that Trae draws opens up easier shots for him and he kills it and blows those out of the water.  But I think assuming people will give you something they have never done before without very specific reasons to think their skills have changed is like dating someone with the assumption that you will “fix” them.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, AHF said:

I don’t rule out improvements over time, especially from young players or players who have shown potential and progress developing.  But I don’t confuse an unreasonably small sample size for a meaningful data set.  He has never been an efficient scorer or good shooter.  If he develops that is great but I am sure as **** not assuming that a couple of preseason games means as much as 320 games.

My expectation for this year is 45-47% shooting from midrange and 33% from 3pt range.  I hope all the attention that Trae draws opens up easier shots for him and he kills it and blows those out of the water.  But I think assuming people will give you something they have never done before without very specific reasons to think their skills have changed is like dating someone with the assumption that you will “fix” them.  

All I know is what my eyes see.  His shooting form and mechanics look great and the shot goes in.  Shooter shoot differently in different systems and under different circumstances and coaches.  There are numerous examples of this throughout the league.  Andrew Wiggins is a perfect example of what I'm talking about

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nate said he wanted to see Jalen guarding Ingram. Thoughts?

vs CJ McCullum

From watching this game, his defensive awareness on and off ball is so much improved from last season.  This, again, is why the Hawks have been so adamant about him getting much more playing time that last season.   His ability to guard 2 - 4, will be so helpful this season.

• Like 1