• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Two Preseason Games left - 10/12 and 10/14

JayBirdHawk

12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

All I know is what my eye see.  His shooting form and mechanics look great and the shot goes in.  Shooter shoot differently in different systems and under different circumstances and coaches.  There are numerous examples of this throughout the league.  Andrew Wiggins is a perfect example of what I'm talking about

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I don’t rule out improvements over time, especially from young players or players who have shown potential and progress developing.  But I don’t confuse an unreasonably small sample size for a meaningful data set.  He has never been an efficient scorer or good shooter.  If he develops that is great but I am sure as **** not assuming that a couple of preseason games means as much as 320 games.

My expectation for this year is 45-47% shooting from midrange and 33% from 3pt range.  I hope all the attention that Trae draws opens up easier shots for him and he kills it and blows those out of the water.  But I think assuming people will give you something they have never done before without very specific reasons to think their skills have changed is like dating someone with the assumption that you will “fix” them.  

Murray is a great mid range shooter.  Murray is an average to below average three point shooter.  Last season, he took more contested threes than any other player in the NBA.  That contributed to his low three point percentage.  I don't anticipate him being a 40% three point shooter this season. With the additional spacing and attention playing along side Trae will offer, I'd expect he'll be around 35% - 37%.  I also think he'll improve his free throw percentage to around 83%.  Both will go a long way in improving his true shooting percentage. 

I've been impressed with Murray's ability to score effectively and efficiently this preseason. I hope it translates to the season.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, sturt said:

And now, the bad news... the fixed number?

One.

I knew this day would come.

I made the response in my head, about to get in down and see Sturt used my joke.

I’m worried… :er: @kg01 what do I do?  Is this gonna happen again? 

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi update:

one  of the things we've learned about Bogi since he got here is that he heals slower than anyone in the league.  If they're saying 4-6 weeks always bet on 8.  Whatever they say add 2 being weeks or months. 

He's the opposite of Trae who seems to heal faster than anyone in the league.  When they say 4-6 for Trae you subtract 2 to get the real number.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Jalen Johnson- Where is that Crowder thread… :er: I may need to apologize.. young man killin it. 

Right here  ⬇️  😆 

On 10/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, Spud2nique said:

I’d trade any combo of Justin Holiday and Jalen Johnson for him. Also future 2nd rounders. No Bogi, absolutely no Hunter.

:spank::spank:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, Diesel said:

Culver has gone from 6th overall to barely hanging on.

12 hours ago, terrell said:

Damn Culver.. lol

12 hours ago, hawkman said:

Culver's shot is BROKEN broken.

12 hours ago, hawkman said:

I don't know what else he does well that will keep him on the roster.

Should we even keep Culver on that 2way.  He didn't have one standout play.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Honestly, they just signed some kid from Portland. He might get a 2 way and they cut Culver. When Atlanta cut Cooper, they proved they aren't scared to cut players they were once high on

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Honestly, they just signed some kid from Portland. He might get a 2 way and they cut Culver. When Atlanta cut Cooper, they proved they aren't scared to cut players they were once high on

Who?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Who?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I liked Culver in the Draft, but it's not looking good right now. I'm not sure he's good enough at the other things to compensate for his nonexistent shooting. At least a guy like Josh Childress hit the boards and was a decent enough slasher and cutter to somewhat make up for his broken jumper. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1