• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae

theheroatl

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like it may have coincided with the arrival of Capela - who grabs EVERYTHING.  Nothing to see here.

Y’all really gotta stop being so defensive over this kid over perceived slights.  He isn’t gonna die.  I expect better from you Jay.  I make a conscious effort to balance my views on dude you know this.  I’ve barely mentioned his shooting all season besides a comparison to Justin Holliday.

It isn’t advantageous for your PG to help on the glass?  Name a coach who hasn’t asked his guards to do so.  I didn’t ask for him to steal rebounds from Bigs like Westbrook and Harden I meant he tracked rebounds around the dotted area after someone boxed out much better.  Hawks are 21st in defensive rebounding so no Clint doesn’t “grab everything.”  The Hawks save 1 to 2 seconds in transition with much better kick ahead opportunities if Trae manages to grab it instead of waiting for a Big to clear and hand off.  And is he not playing with the bench more than ever?

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Y’all really gotta stop being so defensive over this kid over perceived slights.  He isn’t gonna die.  I expect better from you Jay.  I make a conscious effort to balance my views on dude you know this.

It isn’t advantageous for your PG to help on the glass?  Name a coach who hasn’t asked his guards to do so.  I didn’t ask for him to steal rebounds from Bigs like Westbrook and Harden I meant he tracked rebounds around the dotted area after someone boxed out much better.  Hawks are 21st in defensive rebounding so no Clint doesn’t “grab everything.”  The Hawks save 1 to 2 seconds in transition with much better kick ahead opportunities if Trae manages to grab it instead of waiting for a Big to clear and hand off.  And is he not playing with the bench more than ever?

Oh please.  Just stop!

giphy.gif

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
21 hours ago, Wretch said:

It's difficult for me to get into these conversations about Trae because people fail to process this.  It's a star driven league...Trae HAS TO shoot.  This is like expecting Giannis or KD to stop shooting.  Him taking bad shots and his numbers being down is not the same as him being a bad shooter with bad numbers bringing the team down.  Trae has his problems, but his ability to put the ball in the basket is not one of them. 

The biggest issue, by far, is the way this TEAM plays.

I was just watching this special on NY Point gods.  One of the things that they talked about was their inability to shoot. 

It has classically never been an expectation that the PG would be your top scorer.   If it's good great, but if it happens that way, you don't expect him to be a high assist man.    I mean, Name em.  Iverson, Curry, etc... not really high assist men.  Even Ja.. this being his best stat year is only getting 7.8 apg.   And nobody is complaining about Ja.   Trae has consistently been above 25 ppg, above 8.5 apg...  and he gets talked down upon because he's in a shooting slump?  Right now, Trae is 26.8/9.9...  IF we were winning, he'd deserve some MVP talk.   My hope is that he gets his efficiency up  and our wins up and make the media have to mention his name. 

• Thanks 2

On 12/14/2022 at 6:28 AM, Plainview1981 said:

That's fine, but I think the evidence is on my side. This is his 5th season and outside of one good playoff run the results haven't been very good.

Instead, he now seems to be causing more problems and he hasn't been the same Miami owned him in the playoffs last year. 

I'm not saying that it's all his fault, but nobody is really thriving under him. KH is playing better after getting out from under him.

I still maintain that Schlenk's the biggest issue. He has botched nearly ever pick he has made. OO looks like mediocrity, Hunter is mediocre, Cam busted. Trae will never be as good of a talent as Luka. He should have been fired already.

But I think we have already seen the best Trae. He isn't going to get any better at his weaknesses. He can't even adjust to playing off the ball more because he is what he is... A ball hogging volume scorer.

He hasn't been very good?

- 2 All-Star appearances

- 25 ppg - 9 asst career average 

Capela is absolutely thriving under him.  Bogi has had career highs playing with him.  John Collins, because of his lack of off the dribble game, is highly dependent on Trae getting him the ball in the right spots.

This year, the only thing that's significantly down, is his 3 point shooting.  

Trae needs to be more efficient, that's beyond a shadow of a doubt.  But he also needs to not be held back offensively.  Even a bad shooting Trae can have tremendous impact on the game.

• Like 4

On 12/14/2022 at 11:55 AM, Plainview1981 said:

Trae has been doing his thing for over 4 seasons and the results aren't that great from a winning perspective.

Yes, there are different reasons why that is the case. I've complained about management as much as anybody.

But after 4 seasons and change I have the opinion that Trae creates as many issues as he solves. On court anyway.

I find it fascinating that people are now holding Trae's first 2 years in the league against him, when you KNOW this team wasn't even trying to field a playoff level team, let alone a team that could win a few rounds in the playoffs.  We had completely gutted this team, outside of Baze and Taurean Prince.  If it wasn't for Trae elevating his play and accelerating the timeline for this team, we would still not be a playoff level team and playing the lottery to this day.

If anything, Trae is in the same situation that Dominique Wilkins was in.  Nique played with very few All-Star level players in their prime.  When playing at their peak, Murray and Capela are All-Star caliber at their position, while Collins and Bogi are 3rd star type guys.  Our lack of depth behind our starting 5 hurts this team.  Those are the positions that need to be upgraded.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He hasn't been very good?

- 2 All-Star appearances

- 25 ppg - 9 asst career average 

Capela is absolutely thriving under him.  Bogi has had career highs playing with him.  John Collins, because of his lack of off the dribble game, is highly dependent on Trae getting him the ball in the right spots.

This year, the only thing that's significantly down, is his 3 point shooting.  

Trae needs to be more efficient, that's beyond a shadow of a doubt.  But he also needs to not be held back offensively.  Even a bad shooting Trae can have tremendous impact on the game.

You got to understand. 

Hots sees 25 ppg, 9 apg  Point Guards all the time. To him, Trae is just run of the mill and the numbers he puts up are just meaningless.   Because when you spend all day playing NBA 2K22, Trae would seem ordinary. 

Playstation 5 GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

9.9 …. But who’s counting. :huh:

Nique… Trae…

He’s made it already as the two top Hawks of my life. 

He’s otherworldly! 

#witness

I would trade a Nique/ Trae combo for a peanut 🥜 butter and jelly combo. Oh the fun 🤩. #sorrynotsorry #reeses #nonutallergieshere #wellnopeanutlergiesstillalergictosomefolkswhoarenuttybutidigress