• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk headed to an Advisory Role

Jody23

Nasty cloud 🌧️ over our heads.

Fans don’t deserve this mayhem in the front office. We are supposed to be a professional organization. DO SOMETHING! HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE AND TELL NATE TO GO AWAY NOW.

Also, on us being a professional organization, WHY ON EARTH DO OUR GAME CLOCKS STOP WORKING EVERY 4TH HOME GAME.

Ressler needs to tell Nate and those old a$$ clock operators it’s over. Go enjoy time with your families, you deserve it (kinda not Nate so much recently) just gooooo.

Those dudes running the clocks are 90+!!! Weren’t folks supposed to retire at 65? No? 75? No 85? Is this the way they wanna spend their golden years? #rockingchairsonsale

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

And will continue to say firing Nate will do nothing for us. Whereas I felt firing LP would change our outcome as did firing Nash for Brooklyn. 

It will do these things:

Get rid of a guy that has contemplated leaving during the season, so to me he isn't fully invested any longer.

Get rid of a guy who won't be back next season.

Players are aware of these facts!!!

Runs an antiquated offense that doesn't suit today's NBA

Wether the firing helps us the remainder of the season or not is not my focus. For peace of mind, Rip off the band aid and let the chips fall where they may for the rest of the season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It will do these things:

Get rid of a guy that has contemplated leaving during the season, so to me he isn't fully invested any longer.

Wether the firing helps us the remainder of the season or not is not my focus. For peace of mind, Rip off the band aid and let the chips fall where they may for the rest of the season. 

Nick Nurse runs one of the most advanced and he's in 6th for the tankathon. 

We are a lot more offensively limited with our current personnel. Nate is rigid but that's not killing us, what is, is our fit and depth issues. 

I can agree with you for most of this but we don't have a single capable HC on this staff outside of Nate. 

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

It will do these things:

Coach: Nate

Players: Bogi, the Holidays, The tank.

Capela… IF THE RIGHT DEAL COMES ALONG. He’s got two more years with us at $21 million next year and $22 the following.

Those 5 can be traded for me.

FIRST OFF, fire 🔥 Nate now.

Nick Nurse

If we had Nick Nurse as our coach with his philosophy, we would be a top 3 team in the East and very dangerous with this very group.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It will do these things:

But there is a downside. It further reinforces the perception we are a dysfunction organization. It also might bristle the coaching fraternity that we fired a coach midseason, which will not help our chances of landing a top candidate in the off season. Also, there just isn't an obvious replacement on the bench. Plus, his son is on the staff, which might be awkward after a firing. Overall, it might be to better to just wait.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

But there is a downside. It further reinforces the perception we are a dysfunction organization. It also might bristle the coaching fraternity that we fired a coach midseason, which will not help our chances of landing a top candidate in the off season. Also, there just isn't an obvious replacement on the bench. Plus, his son is on the staff, which might be awkward after a firing. Overall, it might be to better to just wait.

The front office upheaval has already caused that so like I said just rip off the bandaid and lay it bare.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

And if the report is true about him considering leaving mid season why would they now be concerned that the team decided to fire him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't care about other teams right now but Toronto has too many similar guys.

They can let the video guy coach the team for all I care. I'm over the Nate experiment. That's how strongly I feel about this.

Hawks have two PGs and no reliable backup PGs.

Bogi defense has hit a cliff and AJ is still raw 

Hunter is solid but that's not special. He like most big wings in today's NBA have no reliable backup.

JC touches dropped to 30 touches a game at the end of December. That's not good. 

Capela and Okongwu can't play together. 

We have no bench outside of Bogi and OO. 

How can you write off Toronto when we are just as easy to write off? 

This is what I don't like about some of our fans, we don't use logic for the Hawks but use it for others with ease. With us, it's always wishful thinking. If we just did this or that or fired this or that the outcome would be better. No it wouldn't 

• Premium Member

Hawks have two PGs and no reliable backup PGs.

Bogi defense has hit a cliff and AJ is still raw 

Hunter is solid but that's not special. He like most big wings in today's NBA have no reliable backup.

JC touches dropped to 30 touches a game at the end of December. That's not good. 

Capela and Okongwu can't play together. 

We have no bench outside of Bogi and OO. 

How can you write off Toronto when we are just as easy to write off? 

This is what I don't like about some of our fans, we don't use logic for the Hawks but use it for others with ease. With us, it's always wishful thinking. If we just did this or that or fired this or that the outcome would be better. No it wouldn't 

One simple question  - did we have the sane concerns regarding Nate's offensive philosophies last year? Yes or No

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We were discussing Tax vs Championships recently, here is how this breakdown.

As for whether paying the tax is in fact conducive to winning, here is the amount paid in luxury tax by the NBA champions of that respective season:

2002/03 (San Antonio Spurs): $187,000 (16th highest tax amount paid of 16 taxpaying teams)

2003/04 (Detroit Pistons): $756,627 (12th of 12)

2005/06 (Miami Heat): $0

2006/07 (San Antonio Spurs): $196,082 (5th of 5)

2007/08 (Boston Celtics): $8,218,368 (6th of 😎

2008/09 (L.A. Lakers): $7,185,631 (5th of 7)

2009/10 (L.A. Lakers): $21,430,778 (1st of 11)

2010/11 (Dallas Mavericks): $18,917,836 (3rd of 7)

2011/12 (Miami Heat): $6,129,340 (3rd of 6)

2012/13 (Miami Heat): $13,346,242 (2nd of 6)

2013/14 (San Antonio Spurs): $0

2014/15 (Golden State Warriors): $0

2015/16 (Cleveland Cavaliers): $54,009,724 (1st of 7)

2016/17 (Golden State Warriors): $0

2017/18 (Golden State Warriors): $32,263,299 (2nd of 4)

2018/19 (Toronto Raptors): $25,190,963 (3rd of 5)

2019/20 (L.A. Lakers): $0

2020/21 (Milwaukee Bucks): $794,721 (7th of 7)

2021/22 (Golden State Warriors): $170,331,194 (1st of 7)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just to add, this is Two years running, Nate's offense has been a discussion point. Can't keep doing the same thing expecting different results.

Screenshot_20230108_105012_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230108_105034_Samsung Internet.jpg

You think a new coach will fix it, I am here to tell you, they won't. The Hawks don't have a scheme issue if we are talking RS. If you want to blame Nate for Miami plus injuries, I agree. But in the RS, few are extremely creative. LP was one of them. Right now, you got Nurse, Spo, Hardy, Kerr, Jenkins, and Bud. Most of your best teams don't even got creative coaches. 

Being a good overall coach which Nate is, is usually good enough for the RS. If it's not, you got other issues which we obviously do.

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

One simple question  - did we have the sane concerns regarding Nate's offensive philosophies last year? Yes or No

I don't have any issues with them. I would like a more creative mind who runs a scheme that fits our personnel but I am not willing to barter with a coach who's defensive tactics are bad or they just aren't good overall coaches like LP or Nash. Nash might be more creative as a HC than Vaughn is but he knows how to coach, Nash had no clue. Nash needs to become an asst and learn how to coach in the NBA. 

To me, I would love Ime Udoka. He's a star and I think he can work in any scheme. Any motion offense guys are a NO unless we trade Trae.

There was a time Nate was a star. Even 2k23 had his 2k3 coaching rating off the charts. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't have any issues with them. I would like a more creative mind who runs a scheme that fits our personnel

:laugh1:.

You under This is contradictory, right?

So Nate is not running a scheme that fits our personnel 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You think a new coach will fix it, I am here to tell you, they won't. The Hawks don't have a scheme issue if we are talking RS. If you want to blame Nate for Miami plus injuries, I agree. But in the RS, few are extremely creative. LP was one of them. Right now, you got Nurse, Spo, Hardy, Kerr, Jenkins, and Bud. Most of your best teams don't even got creative coaches. 

Being a good overall coach which Nate is, is usually good enough for the RS. If it's not, you got other issues which we obviously do.

The predictable and static nature of Nate's offense is problematic. His stubbornness with rotations and substitution patterns to a fault is problematic. His lack of in-game adjustments is problematic. His inability to coach with instinct and feel for in game situations is problematic. Need I go on.

Let's just agree to disagree about Nate the coach.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:laugh1:.

You under This is contradictory, right?

So Nate is not running a scheme that fits our personnel 

This scheme fits our personnel, it's just not optimal. I always said LP had the most optimal scheme, he just couldn't coach while Nate could. 

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The predictable and static nature of Nate's offense is problematic. His stubbornness with rotations and substitution patterns to a fault is problematic. His lack of in-game adjustments is problematic. His inability to coach with instinct and feel for in game situations is problematic. Need I go on.

Let's just agree to disagree about Nate the coach.

Problematic is a very strong term. I do not believe it's problem, I believe it limits our ceiling if that's what you want to say but Problematic is Kruger or LP, nothing Nate does is Problematic outside of his stubbornness which is but every coach got bad elements, even Pop and Phil Jackson. You just don't want that to impact the overall.

He makes in game adjustments at a fairly expected rate. He's not a creative mind so it won't be on the fly.

His instincts are pretty good even right now. I watch the overall game and most of my smoke is for the fit and depth, not the coaching or the team being disconnected for him. 

We definitely disagree. I believe this is the Nate last year in Indy situation where he's running thin with the fanbase but the players generally like him and when the new coach joins like Rick Carlisle, he has a much worse season than Nate had for multiple years too.

I believe, if we fire Nate, we get worse. It's that simple. 

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member

We can't fire Nate mid season. He intentionally pruned the coaching staff of anyone that could conceivably take over as interim coach. We would 100% have to hire someone mid season to replace him. It has happened before and it worked, I remember the Nuggets hired George Karl and I think they went 32-8 after he was hired. Chris Finch was hired more recently out of their system by the Wolves and they had a great half season under him.

We just did that with Nate replacing LP but Nate was already there. 

If Ressler is too cheap to pay the LT and he is...why is he going to pay Nate the two years left on his deal and hire a new coach mid season when he can simply let Nate "retire" at the end of this awful season and quietly work out a buyout of Nate's contract?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2