• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk headed to an Advisory Role

Jody23

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Kinda begs the question why are we watching this team if we are a dev team for other markets.  I don't think ATL market is as small as some think it is, but do your own research on that.    

But if trae wants some team built around him and the owner won't or can't do it , then yes what is the point 

Atlanta is definitely not a small market.  I've seen for years that there's a ton of regional bias against Atlanta teams which also plays a part in some of this crap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

A big part of this is applying pressure to move on from McMillan.  Since Trae has been here, the Hawks haven't hired a head coach with the intent of contention.  Pierce was essentially supposed to be a babysitter and McMillan was originally brought here to bolster Pierce.

I’m hoping he doesn’t get the axe 🪓 on Xmas eve… remember a few coaches getting the bad news 🗞️ on the holidays. Tough one but he’s gotta go now.

Man this whole thread makes me mad, frustrated, and sad! 

I don’t even have expectations anymore this season.

I wanted to believe that the chemistry would work itself out but that’s not going to happen. As a Trae fan I know he’s a problem in all of this and need to grow up but I’m also smart enough to know that he’s not the only problem and some guys can put on a great act to the public but internally be messy.

I wanted to believe the addition of Murray would make our offense better but in reality Nate’s offense just isn’t good.

now there is clear indication that Fields will be running the show differently and it’s highly possible he doesn’t feel this group meshes well at all so I’m expecting some big time changes! In the very least Nate will be fired and Collins will be traded for a good or bad deal. I don’t even think it’s a prediction anymore I think it’s just a matter of time.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Honestly the news that Trae and Resselers son are very close kind of put all the rumors of any potential Trae trade to death. Trae was never going to get traded no matter what happens. He hasn’t even hit his prime yet and he’s our biggest star since Nique.

Getting stars to Atlanta are unfortunately an extremely tough task but having Trae and now Murray is a bright sign.

Fields is going to bust this whole thing up and rebuild around Trae and Murray i believe. AJ is the only other safe player in my opinion. McMillan is out that’s for sure.

wouldn’t shock me if we went after Ayton again.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, JTB said:

Honestly the news that Trae and Resselers son are very close kind of put all the rumors of any potential Trae trade to death. Trae was never going to get traded no matter what happens. He hasn’t even hit his prime yet and he’s our biggest star since Nique.

Getting stars to Atlanta are unfortunately an extremely tough task but having Trae and now Murray is a bright sign.

Fields is going to bust this whole thing up and rebuild around Trae and Murray i believe. AJ is the only other safe player in my opinion. McMillan is out that’s for sure.

wouldn’t shock me if we went after Ayton again.

He's one year into a max deal. It would have to be hell on earth for a Trae trade to happen.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Approximately 18 months ago when Fields was promoted to ASSISTANT GM.

"Fields’ first encounter with the Hawks came in a chance meeting with Nick Ressler, son of Hawks principal owner Tony Ressler and the team’s director of business and basketball operations, at a scouting event.

With a vacant assistant position, Hawks general manager Travis Schlenk took some time to think about a replacement when Jeff Petersen left for the Nets. He received a couple of recommendations for Fields and finally reached out for permission to speak with him. Another good fit. Another relocation. Fields joined the Hawks last year and was a part of the team’s historic playoff run. He just completed his second draft.

“I might not be the most related person to a 22-year-old NBA player,” Schlenk said. “I really wanted to have someone who could complement me and my deficiencies. I don’t know that I’ve ever been described as warm and fuzzy, but I think it’s important to relate with the players, establish solid relationships with the players, and with Landry, those are certainly his strengths. That was a big draw. I think he’s got a very bright future in thiS league.”

Didn't see the blind side coming, did ya Schlenk.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I really wanted to have someone who could complement me and my deficiencies. I don’t know that I’ve ever been described as warm and fuzzy, but I think it’s important to relate with the players, establish solid relationships with the players, and with Landry, those are certainly his strengths. That was a big draw. I think he’s got a very bright future in thiS league.”

Knife In Back GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member

Fields didn't stab Travis. Ressler wants his son to be a basketball guru and Travis didn't want to be a rubber stamp/have his power severely curtailed. He or one of his family members also has some kind of health issue. 

I actually feel for Travis. He did a good job here. Yes, Hunter has never lived up to what we hoped and Cam is just a flat out bust but the talent level was there for both of them. I don't blame him for trading Luka because he had zero power over that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Fields didn't stab Travis. Ressler wants his son to be a basketball guru and Travis didn't want to be a rubber stamp/have his power severely curtailed. He or one of his family members also has some kind of health issue. 

I actually feel for Travis. He did a good job here. Yes, Hunter has never lived up to what we hoped and Cam is just a flat out bust but the talent level was there for both of them. I don't blame him for trading Luka because he had zero power over that.

Is he son a basketball guru or is he just Trae's frontman.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Is he son a basketball guru or is he just Trae's frontman.

My source is not impressed with the son FWIW. The team is being run by Nick Ressler, Fields and Trae. Sounds like it is two guys trying to get the pieces around the third guy and the third guy giving them the names/recruiting on the quiet.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My source is not impressed with the son FWIW. The team is being run by Nick Ressler, Fields and Trae. Sounds like it is two guys trying to get the pieces around the third guy and the third guy giving them the names/recruiting on the quiet.

Could he be next??

image.jpeg