• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't know where else to post this

Sothron

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Praying for you, brother @Sothron.  I remember you telling the story of how you met the Mrs and how her parents were there to size you up.  Sounds like yall had a lot of happy memories, which I hope help in this tough time.

Prayers out to you too KG... Be blessed in this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Praying for you, brother @Sothron.  I remember you telling the story of how you met the Mrs and how her parents were there to size you up.  Sounds like yall had a lot of happy memories, which I hope help in this tough time.

I don't know who you lost in your family but my prayers are with you and your family. Thank you for yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't know if we have a personal lives type section on the Squawk but I wanted to let you all know that my father in law passed away this morning. Mrs. Sothron is pretty upset as you can imagine. I don't know how active I will be on here for the next few days. I consider you guys friends and wanted to let you all know. 

:cray2:Dang bro. Condolences 💐 to your family. I’m so sorry for your loss.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, Sothron said:

Thank you.

No, he has had several health issues starting in the late 90's with Primary Biliary cirrhosis which is a rare auto immune condition that attacks the liver. He hardly ever drank outside of a beer after work or at a game so that was a shock. He had to have a liver transplant in 2004. He has prostate cancer about twelve years ago and then stomach cancer in I believe 2019. 

That is what ultimately killed him, sadly. They could not do radiation or chemo because of his transplant and he was so weak when the stomach cancer came back he just had nothing left to fight with. He was about six feet tall and only weighed 120 pounds at the end. He simply could not eat or hold anything down the last few months from it. f*** cancer. 

He fought like a warrior through everything and never complained about it. He was there for my mother in law and our family all the way through his life. They were married for sixty years. It would have been sixty one this May.  He was a retired PE teacher and coach and he never stopped coaching. I know there's jokes about hating your in laws but God blessed me with a wonderful mother in law and father in law. I truly gained a second family with Mrs. Sothron. 

I will miss that man. He wasn't the most talkative person but when he spoke it meant something. He shows his love through his actions and not so much the words. I know he loved his family dearly. Heaven gained a good man today.

Memory eternal, Donnie. 

Sorry to hear that. Glad he does not have to suffer anymore. Sounds like a great dude. 

• Thanks 1