• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline 2023: February 9th.

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This one though: HELL NO!!! :angry2:

Nah, Brissett (brisket) and a first round pick.. I like Duarte ( @kg01 guy) but not for JC, that’s insanity.

Shams and BR are idiots with this.

C2A8AB1E-3D05-4D5B-BB37-93CFACDF7980.png

5A05EEE9-DAD9-438D-B513-1A7E6CD9E607.png

32BDE2C3-3910-4CC9-8EDA-3255E9503E53.png

I'm now on the injured list.  I saw 'Shams' in your post, so I rolled my eyes so hard they fell out.  I'll be re-evaluated in 4-6 weeks.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I would do this.

Hawks get: Cov, Kennard and 1st round

Clipps get: Bogi + Jalen

Ya, I would.

9939847C-7EF9-4A33-85A5-02235D2A6500.png

F86E57F4-B0A6-45D4-9127-EC1EF82A9130.png

Cov + Luke would be good for our team, but I feel like JJ is an x-factor that could really help us if he was utilized a bit better and had more confidence instilled in him.

Pains me to see our young talent bloom on other teams x.x

Also, JJ's a cheap contract for a couple of years, but then again, Luke isn't too expensive at like 14 million for the next 2 years and fills a big shooting need. Hmmmmmmm :thinking:

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I would do this.

Hawks get: Cov, Kennard and 1st round

Clipps get: Bogi + Jalen

That's gross.

This is very badly written. They mention the concern regarding Atlanta's future finances but neglects to point out that they are sending us +$5 mil in this trade which puts us over the LT this season. Plus the $26.3 mil to both these players next season.
LAC's 1st round goodies aren't really goodies, mostly likely late picks if they aren't going to OKC already.

Covington is shooting 28%  from 3

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

These our scrubs for their useful pieces never come into fruition without a serious trade draft asset in the mix which we as fan would never offer. 

If we're sending out Bogi then we have to send picks too as well as save the other team some money.   In my deal with Utah they save $10m next year which isn't huge but something and we can send a pick also.  We need scoring and toughness off the bench if we're doing anything this year.   

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's gross.

This is very badly written. They mention the concern regarding Atlanta's future finances but neglects to point out that they are sending us +$5 mil in this trade which puts us over the LT this season. Plus the $26.3 mil to both these players next season.
LAC's 1st round goodies aren't really goodies, mostly likely late picks if they aren't going to OKC already.

Covington is shooting 28%  from 3

Actually you are right, Cov isn’t even a free agent we would have to keep him along with 2.5 years of Kennard but he’s smart I don’t mind Kennard. 

Wow, Cov shooting combined with Trae and we can build a new house 🏡 for _______. (Insert your least fav squawker’s name). :huh: :batman:

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:applause: Perfect that way we can’t trade you! Rarely do injured players get dealt. Not that we would even entertain the thought! :ph34r:

Oh hey, I've been kicking around the numbers and I think an OO for McConnell deal could work.  Your thoughts? 🤓

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"THE TRADE!"  Some team owns us a big favor.  They trade for Bogie and recieve "cash consideration."  They then release him, keep him or do whatever they want to.  His $18 mil. salary comes off our books and we sign some 10 day contracts OR somehow wrangle the Hornets out of Mark W.  Right now, I would trade Bogie for MW.

I would even throw in Justin Holiday to sweeten the deal!!

:smug:

• Premium Member
On 1/8/2023 at 9:28 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

Here's my small trade:

Hawks/OKC

JHol ($6.2) and FKam ($2.4) and returned okc 2nd for Mike Muscala ($3.5) and Darius Bazley ($4.2)

Hawks save 900k in this deal.
Hawks get a Center that is 'healthy' and in theory can play with any combination on CC, JC or OO to spread the floor. (37.5% from 3)
Hawks take a flier on Bazley (22), (38.2% from 3) he is said to be out of the rotation in OKC and will not be extended. OKC fans says he's not bad on defense but lacks consistency. 

Hawks get size.

I was pushing for us to get Moose a few months ago.  I think he would be a great option that can shoot outside.  I miss Desmond the most.  He could play D and shoot the 3.

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think Atlanta would do a McConnell and protected 1st deal for JC. 

I love Tj but there is no way we should make this trade. 

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I think Atlanta would do a McConnell and protected 1st deal for JC. 

🤢

6 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I was pushing for us to get Moose a few months ago.  I think he would be a great option that can shoot outside.  I miss Desmond the most.  He could play D and shoot the 3.

I love Tj but there is no way we should make this trade. 

Dedmon you mean

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

🤢

Dedmon you mean

Dedmon only ever shot the 3 well those 2 seasons in Atlanta.  Ever since he's been pretty bad including his brief Atlanta return.   

We could use him but honestly i get tired of hearing him run his mouth all the time.  

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Oh hey, I've been kicking around the numbers and I think an OO for McConnell deal could work.  Your thoughts? 🤓

Where’s the pissed the F off emoji? :angry2: I went with confused… cu mote tines I git confued I gits mad 😡 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

🤢

Dedmon you mean

Yep.  Autocorrect got me.

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Dedmon only ever shot the 3 well those 2 seasons in Atlanta.  Ever since he's been pretty bad including his brief Atlanta return.   

We could use him but honestly i get tired of hearing him run his mouth all the time.  

I agree we don’t need him back now.  But I do miss the way he played while on our team.

• Premium Member
One Eastern Conference executive shared with Heavy Sports where things stand with Atlanta and Collins and the likelihood that the Nets would be able to get a deal done for the sixth-year forward.  “What you are seeing with Collins now is that the Hawks want him to be treated like an All-Star, they want a big-time return for Collins—not quite like the Rudy Gobert or Donovan Mitchell trades, but something in that neighborhood. And everyone else looks at him like he’s a guy who is owed $100 million over the next four years and is having the worst year of his career. The Nets can build a package around Joe Harris to make the money match, and add in Royce O’Neale and Cam Thomas.

The Hawks would want someone more like Ben Simmons back, and maybe more. The Nets are looking to go for it this year. They’re not looking to get rid of any of their top guys. Not the way they’ve been playing. If you’re the Nets, and really, if you are anybody in the league with your eyes on Collins, you are just hoping the Hawks realize they’re not getting a major payback for Collins and they lower the price,” the Eastern Conference executive told Heavy Sports.

via Thomas Darro @ Heavy.com

• Premium Member

JHol ($6.2) and 2nds for Cam Reddish ($5.9). :ninja::hehe:

Knicks seeking two second-round picks for Cam Reddish

Michael Scotto: The Knicks are willing to part with Reddish for two second-round picks, league sources told HoopsHype. The Lakers, Bucks, and other teams have inquired about the asking price for Reddish, who was shooting a career-high 44.9 percent from the field before being benched, HoopsHype has learned.

via Michael Scotto @

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

JHol ($6.2) and 2nds for Cam Reddish ($5.9). :ninja::hehe:

Knicks seeking two second-round picks for Cam Reddish

Michael Scotto: The Knicks are willing to part with Reddish for two second-round picks, league sources told HoopsHype. The Lakers, Bucks, and other teams have inquired about the asking price for Reddish, who was shooting a career-high 44.9 percent from the field before being benched, HoopsHype has learned.

via Michael Scotto @

As long as he has realized that he is a role player, sure. But I doubt he wants to return and I'm not sure what was said in the locker room that led to him being traded. The team might not want him back. 

• Like 2