• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline 2023: February 9th.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

These offers are just so brutal.  Trading Collins is purely a save money move, not to better the team.  We already did this with Huerter.  

We are going to regret trading him so badly. 

We have zero depth at PF so this will hurt much more than when we traded Kev.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't really want Cam back but it would be pretty awesomely hilarious to trade Justin for Cam/2nd round pick so for the privledge of having Cam for half a season they sent us a 1st and we got our 2nd back. 

Nbaradio talking Reddish to MIL for Grayson Allen rumors rn. 

Eta. Now talking Reddish to DAL for Bullock.  IOW they're just tossing spaghetti against the wall.  Smh 

Edited by kg01
  • Like 2

Omg Kamla out here talking about Reddish being able to guard all 5 positions.  Plays "grimy" defense and deserves atleast half the game (minutes) to show what he can do.  Says Reddi is the reason the NBA should expand - so players like him can get minutes or stte. 

Yikes man, did he miss the whole Reddish situation before we traded him.  Smh

In fairness, he also said J Smooove was the Hawks version of Lebron back in the day (skillet wise).  Cmon, mang. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Omg Kamla out here talking about Reddish being able to guard all 5 positions.  Plays "grimy" defense and deserves atleast half the game (minutes) to show what he can do.  Says Reddi is the reason the NBA should expand - so players like him can get minutes or stte. 

In fairness, he also said J Smooove was the Hawks version of Lebron back in the day (skillet wise).  Cmon, mang. 

I'm a former Cam stan and will say, he needs to excel in his given role first and then he'd get more minutes. 

He's not a lost cause yet, but he needs to see himself as a role player and not a superstar.  Great role players make a ton of money.  Players that don't stick to a role are out of the league in five years.

• Like 4

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I'm a former Cam stan and will say, he needs to excel in his given role first and then he'd get more minutes. 

He's not a lost cause yet, but he needs to see himself as a role player and not a superstar.  Great role players make a ton of money.  Players that don't stick to a role are out of the league in five years.

I’d agree.  If he thinks of himself as a superstar talent or not, he needs to recognize that the first step is excelling in his given role and being so good they can’t help but give you more minutes and responsibility.  Then continue to do the same in every role thereafter and eventually you’ll be where you want to be.  Trying to skip straight to featured star without the starting steps is a huge problem.

• Like 3

Although I have some issues with JC especially around physicality  I don't want to see him traded but used different.  But I would have considered a Rui, Daniel Gafford trade for sure.  Not sure if it works but we could have gotten a good shooting wing in Rui and some needed size in Gafford. Doubt if we could have done better at this point. 

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nunn and 3 2nds

It's actually Nunn and two seconds. And the lakers have the rights to a second round pick swap in 2028 (says Washington gets LESS favorable of Washington/LAL)... so it's actually less than two seconds. 

Awful trade for the Zards why are they helping LAL?

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 1/6/2023 at 2:06 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

I had to look up the details:

ATLANTA — The Atlanta Hawks traded four players and a draft pick on Saturday for Mike Bibby, the point guard they hope will end the league's longest streak without a playoff appearance.

The Hawks sent starting point guard Anthony Johnson, 2007 first-round pick Shelden Williams, backup point guard Tyronn Lue, veteran forward Lorenzen Wright and a 2008 second-round pick to the Kings.

Shout out to Anthony Johnson, forgot about that guy. Dude had the pleasure of being on our team twice almost ten years apart. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’d agree.  If he thinks of himself as a superstar talent or not, he needs to recognize that the first step is excelling in his given role and being so good they can’t help but give you more minutes and responsibility.  Then continue to do the same in every role thereafter and eventually you’ll be where you want to be.  Trying to skip straight to featured star without the starting steps is a huge problem.

Funny thing about Cam is his role on teams has always been bigger than his production and impact merits. Dude is lucky to have gotten these many minutes and still complains he can't get more. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Funny thing about Cam is his role on teams has always been bigger than his production and impact merits. Dude is lucky to have gotten these many minutes and still complains he can't get more. 

He seems right on the money this year.  He is 12th in PER and 10th in WS/48, BPM and VORP on the Knicks (not bothering to look up other metrics).  He is 11th in minutes.  That sounds about right.

In Atlanta, he got way more priority than his metrics would say he warranted for sure.  He was obviously an investment in time for long-term development in Atlanta before he decided to move on.  When he did, he continued to get more minutes to feature him for a trade so that all makes sense to me.

• Premium Member

Unknowns About CBA' Contributing To Slow Down Of Trades Ahead Of Deadline

The trade market leading to the NBA trade deadline on February 9th has been slow to materialize this season and the ongoing collective bargaining agreement negotations is one of the factors. The possibility of rule changes in the next CBA creates an unknown for teams to try to navigate.

"My feel is that one of the reasons talks are sluggish right now is because of unknowns. Period," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "Unknowns about the CBA. Unknowns about where certain players' health is going to be. Unknowns about where teams are going to be. 

"We're kind of running out of time."

Bobby Marks countered that approximately 84 percent of the trades over the past five years have been executed in February, but by most accounts this is not expected to be a momentous trade deadline.

• Premium Member

Kings' Richaun Holmes a buyout candidate?

Rival teams in need of size are monitoring Kings center Richaun Holmes as a potential buyout candidate in the event that Sacramento is unable to trade him before the deadline, sources say. – via Marc Stein @ marcstein.substack.com

• Premium Member
League sources doubt that the Raptors will move Pascal Siakam or O.G. Anunoby unless the return is enormous—think two or three unprotected first-round picks or young players of near-equal talent—but it’s more probable that VanVleet or Gary Trent Jr. will be moved since they are less talented and can become free agents this summer.

Mo Bamba super available in trades

The Clippers are likely priced out of acquiring a big man like the Pacers’ Myles Turner or the Hawks’ John Collins. A cheaper option would be Magic center Mo Bamba, who has seen his minutes dip and who league sources say is readily available in a trade.

• Premium Member
20 hours ago, kg01 said:

one of the many reasons I avoid Kamla and AD, the worst show by far on NBA radio.  Can't stand either one of them.

AD is without a doubt my most disliked former athlete in any sport.   Listening to him talk makes me want to punch the radio and imagine it's his face.