• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade Deadline 2023: February 9th.

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
  • Premium Member
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I would love love love to have Josh Hart.   Here's the deal...

image.png

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, sturt said:

For what it matters, my attention is on Utah, and Nickeil Alexander-Walker.

Would represent a considerable improvement over JDay, but conceivably could be had. He's gotten inconsistent minutes, but still, probably more than most would have predicted. NAW also would represent about $1m payroll savings.

What would Ainge require?

Well, he already has 3 2023 FRPs (UTH, MIN, and lesser of BRK or PHI), and zero 2nds. Doubt he'd want to bring more than 3 rookies to training camp anyway. Of course, it's entirely plausible that he'll look to use two or maybe all three to move up in the draft, too, which would make having a 2nd a more reasonable thought.

We have our first, and two seconds.

There are a few different ways you could configure it so that there could be something to both sides' satisfaction.

Found this from about a month ago... looking at his game logs since that time, seems like it's still essentially accurate...

2023-01-28_13-01-38.png

• Premium Member

Mason Plumlee available for a first-round pick?

Mason Plumlee is another center name said to be available for a first-round pick. Charlotte has transitioned in recent weeks from looking for moves to try and revive their season to looking purely for future assets. – via Matt Moore @ Action Network

• Premium Member

Yo Bucks, we have a slightly used, cheaper wing who plays defense and a vet...cone get JHol.

Jake Fischer: Milwaukee is calling around looking for Jae Crowder types. And by that I mean veteran, defensive-minded wing forwards who make that type of salary, 10-11 million dollars.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 1/28/2023 at 1:27 AM, Sothron said:

I believe Jokic and Murray went to the WCF during the covid bubble.

They did.  They weren't competitive in that series.  That is similar to making the case that the Mavs were title contenders last year when GS knocked them out 4-1.  Nobody sane believed the Mavs had a legit shot a title last year.

The Nuggets are going to have to break through in a way they haven't in the past to convince me they are anything but new age Grizzlies.  The Grit and Grind were fine teams but never once convinced me they had a shot at a title.  (In fact, they also made a WCF appearance.)  Denver is like that now.  Not saying it is impossible for them to make that breakthrough but it hasn't happened yet.

And regular season wins don't make a team a contender.  It is the ability to sweep the rest of the NBA in the playoffs that makes you a contender which is why the Rockets were a contender in 1995 despite being the 6th seed.  They still had the talent to beat anyone and everyone in the playoffs.  

It is why we had a debate over whether the Hawks were true contenders when we won the East in 2015.  Were we good enough to beat the Cavs and everyone else in the playoffs?   That is the question for whether you are a contender.  I still would have loved to see that team healthy get their shot (although if we are artificially making the Hawks healthy the Cavs should get Kyrie and Love back healthy too and so the result probably doesn't change).

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, hawkster911 said:

If Trae requested to be traded this summer, what is a realistic return we could get for him (any team)?  

If Trae wanted to head home to Oklahoma and in this scenario, Thunder owns the #1 draft pick, what can the Hawks request in this trade? 

He's not going anywhere, so it's not even worth discussing.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

They did.  They weren't competitive in that series. 

While true, not really the point of bringing it up. Right?

The original question being addressed was rooted in the premise that you have to have a player who has proven capable of reliably putting the team on his back in regular season as a necessary condition to having a team capable of winning a title.

DEN is capable of winning a title. They do need other pieces perhaps, but they've satisfied that most fundamental condition.

And the original question was whether we have satisfied that most fundamental question.

I do think we do. I think that's shown up the last two seasons, but this season's been complicated by the fact that we're trying to incorporate a whole other new major piece in the engine.

And/but, I also would agree, as said in that OP, that we're now at a point where that's got to start showing up in game results like it has at times before... otherwise, the consideration that maybe Trae has hit his ceiling grows, and you have to explore other alpha dog superstar possibilities.

• Premium Member

From the Athletic... .same old same old. 

"

For their part, the Hawks, under new head of basketball operations Landry Fields, have won six of their last nine games since Jan. 13 and have taken a patient approach with trade talks. Fields has made clear to rival executives that the team views Collins as a valued asset, not one the franchise will simply dump in any form, according to sources. The newfound approach could lead to more traction in the Collins market over the next two weeks.

The Jazz remain among the teams with strong interest in Collins, and The Athletic’s Kelly Iko reported last week that the Rockets are also pursuing Collins. When the Jazz and Hawks discussed a Collins deal early in the season, Atlanta asked for Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt, according to sources. The Jazz countered by asking for a first-round pick in return, and when the Hawks declined, talks stalled.

It remains to be seen where conversations unfold between Fields and the Jazz’s front office led by CEO Danny Ainge and GM Justin Zanik."

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Diesel said:

From the Athletic... .same old same old. 

"

For their part, the Hawks, under new head of basketball operations Landry Fields, have won six of their last nine games since Jan. 13 and have taken a patient approach with trade talks. Fields has made clear to rival executives that the team views Collins as a valued asset, not one the franchise will simply dump in any form, according to sources. The newfound approach could lead to more traction in the Collins market over the next two weeks.

The Jazz remain among the teams with strong interest in Collins, and The Athletic’s Kelly Iko reported last week that the Rockets are also pursuing Collins. When the Jazz and Hawks discussed a Collins deal early in the season, Atlanta asked for Malik Beasley and Jarred Vanderbilt, according to sources. The Jazz countered by asking for a first-round pick in return, and when the Hawks declined, talks stalled.

It remains to be seen where conversations unfold between Fields and the Jazz’s front office led by CEO Danny Ainge and GM Justin Zanik."

Doesn’t Ainge have enough picks. Greedy AF. Boston won one title on the back of luck. He ain’t a magician, just another Presti with better results.

Also, press for Lauri only. Both Beasley and Vanderbilt are not the prize.

Edited by theheroatl